VN - Ren'Py - STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 6] [STWAdev]

1. 5.00 star(s)

rainjones

Great work as always. Would like to thank the creator for the great transition of the mood, setting and characters from The Author to the current VN. Despite the setting, the characters, the mood and pacing being completely different from the previous work, the connection to the Author seems very natural through the brief story interactions. Good to see that the character relationships are also looking to branch out to a wider range like a mentor or guardian figure than just the love interest and acquaintance roles in The Author.
    Keep up the good work, and please maintain a steady pace of releases as with The Author as this one has gotten me hooked right from the start.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

twiztid

Just like the Devs other game, this one is well written out, and the graphics are on point and very nice. The way the story is written, and dialog is laid out, makes you feel like you are living in the MC head. The Mc was told was a Solder, he often reflects back, and references his pas, Drawing you more into what the character is thinking. The choices that are there and the dialog between characters are really nice and well planned out.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

H_NGM_N666

I played it and loved it! But its realy a pity that there is no harem when you got a lot of hot chicks.

The Renders, the storytelling are fantastic like the author which i loved. A little bit anoying is that you got an rival. I know that all the others are mostly the same (1 MC got all fun) but this is - as long no ntr involved - good and i cant wait to see more. Definetly in my top10 this game!

Try it and look for yourself :)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

.N9

An upgrade from dev's 1st game
    • Looking forward for the story because the Author was good and so far it is not a disappointment. I am a fan of MMA and i really like what i am seeing, can't wait to see what the writer had in mind
    • Renders are better than the first game and i am pleased with it
    • Scene is animated, there is only one scene so far in part 1 and i hope it continues.
    • Haven't found a single bugs, so thats a plus
    So far it is a great game, clearly better than the first game in all aspects except the story (because its only part 1)

Looking forward for more and if you haven't played yet, you have to!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

duningtwo

quality of renders versus creator's first game is substantial, showing marked improvement (first game is absolutely worth playing, though). writing is top quality for the medium, literarily and technically. length is excellent for an initial release. no legitimate complaints, this is in the highest percentile for visual novels on here. choices matter. creator has a good idea of not too many nor too few love interests to bog down or bore the player, number which shouldn't impair production/release schedule. 5/5 dru is still best girl.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

scooterb852

Disclaimer - Story first type of person

Having played STWADev's The Author - and greatly enjoying that AVN - I was very excited to experience Unbroken; especially since it occurs in the same universe as The Author. But as mentioned in the thread it is not mandatory to experience The Author first but hey why would you not want to?

STWADev is a fantastic writer and storyteller, and he has only sharpened his skills since the conclusion of The Author. The first chapter is dense and robust introducing many of the characters but like The Author I would expect others to show up in further chapters. He quickly builds each characters' personality and starts to lay the groundwork on their goals \ desires without pages of exposition. There are numerous choices throughout and more than just the typical love hate variables for the LIs. STWADev looks to be working on a way to make the LIs more dynamic with multiple variables. So yep probably multiple playthroughs but I - as a story first person - really appreciate the love and effort he is putting to the LIs. Oh.,..and this chapter also brings the feels...choked up at least three times. There is some heavy subject matter but STWADev handles it perfectly IMO.

I'm very impressed with STWADev's scene setup and render quality in this chapter. As I mentioned in my review of The Author is was great seeing his skills continue to increase over that AVN but boy they have leveled up out of the gate with Unbroken - he has really delivered in this area! The subtle animations to empathize emotion and elicit response from the player are fantastic. And of course, the LIs are absolutely gorgeous and match their personalities perfectly!

The callbacks to The Author add a little extra touch of course (great seeing Aoife again).

STWADev has another great story to share, and I highly recommend you give it a try!