VN Ren'Py Suburban Secrets [Development Thread]

sharpwater

Oct 27, 2021
suburbansecretsbanner.png

Welcome to the Dev Thread of my upcoming game Suburban Secrets.

STORYLINE
You are a regular 20-year-old man, living at home with your family. After three months of being unemployed, your father demands you to find a new job. While searching for a job you encounter a mysterious girl, who's working for a secretive organization that is very keen on employing you. Taking the job will plunge you into an explosive sequence of events that will decide the fate of your city (and perhaps even the world...)

GAMEPLAY
Suburban Secrets is a sandbox game where freedom of choice is important. The game's main story is a vast conspiracy, but in addition there are many girls and women around the town who you can build relationships with, if you so choose. The player will be able to progress many different storylines independently from each other. The game doesn't have any dumb grind elements that are present in too many sandbox games. Every new interaction with characters should be as unique as possible. There will always be a clear task log that tells you things you'll be able to do next, and where you need to go to do them.

PLANNED TAGS
TECHNICAL: 3DCG, Male Protagonist, Adventure, Dating Sim, Sandbox.
SEXUAL CONTENT: Incest, Big Ass, Big Tits, Cheating, Creampie, Group Sex, Interracial, Milf, Oral Sex, Pregnancy, Titfuck, Vaginal Sex, Virgin

Incest is featured heavily throughout the main storyline. If that's not your thing, this is probably not a game for you.

CHARACTER PREVIEWS
mcbannerfinal.png

You are just a regular 20-year-old man.
mombannerfinal.png
Sophie is your and Lexi's 50-year-old mother. She's been a housewife for all her adult life. Her husband (and your father) has been very cold and distant to her for many years now and she's starting to feel neglected. A very warm, kind and loving mother.
sisbannerfinal.png
Lexi is your 18-year-old sister. Just graduated high school, but scared to go out into the world. A very shy girl who has never even kissed a boy before.
dianabanner.png
Diana is your friend's ,Jacob's, Pregnant mother. Her husband spends most of his time abroad on work trip. Perhaps Diana will have to find attention from somewhere else...
kenziebannerfinal.png
Kenzie is one of the biggest live streamers in the world. Tens of thousands of people tune in daily to watch her.... play games. You're a big fan of her but you never knew that she actually lived in your town the whole time.

GOALS
My goal with this game is to create an enjoyable sandbox experience and a gripping storyline. Focusing on the quality of the renders, and not the quantity of them. One of my main goals with the main story of the game is to create a realistic incest storyline with realistic characters, bodies and dialogue to go with it.

I created this post mainly as a way to keep myself motivated to keep working on this game and journal my progress. I welcome any and all feedback you may have about any of this. Thank you for reading!

dark_mark

Oct 24, 2021
Looks good, wish it was a pure VN though rather than sandbox.
I do like that the MC is someone new though rather than another all too familiar male character...

sharpwater

Oct 27, 2021
Looks good, wish it was a pure VN though rather than sandbox.
I do like that the MC is someone new though rather than another all too familiar male character...
Thanks! There's a couple reasons I wanted to make a sandbox. First, I wanted to be able to add storylines with many different girls unrelated to the main story in a "dating sim" sort of way, which are completely optional and you can do in any order you want. Second, personally I really enjoy the "making a game" aspect of it all and figuring out how stuff works coding-wise.

When release,,
Good luck Dev..
When it's ready. Right now I've only basically done models, locations, and coding the sandbox element. You can follow this threas for updates!

personally not a fan pregnant women but gl
Lucky for you, romancing her is 100% optional, like most girls in the game.