Subversion of authority fetish

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Is there a better name for this, or some latinized term? I think it's a catchall for any kind of kink or fantasy that revolves around the seduction, corruption and/or dominance of authority figures, such as parents, teachers, police, nuns, office bosses, older adults, celebrities, or even just peers who rank higher in the social pecking order.
I think it helps explain the popularity of games with younger or youngish main characters who start out with very little power and wind up subverting the entire local heirarchy of power.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I tried some very quick searching around and didn't turn up anything specific. Although, I'd hazard someone has tried to coin a phrase for it. I think this is a very specific case of the very broad "power fantasy" that many games cater too. In the sex world, this most closely relates to domination, the D in BDSM. The more general power fantasy is just the acquiring of power (strength, wealth, influence, etc.) to be able to do what you want. To be beholden to no one. Because the vast majority of us are beholden to someone.

I think in your case you are talking about a specific role reversal. So not just the gaining of power, but specifically power over someone who had power over you. If you are looking for tags, I think corruption and domination are the closest fit (maybe blackmail to be very niche) and you'd have to read the description to know if it's what you want. If you just want a catchy phrase, I dunno...Power Reversal? Authority Reversal?

Reactions: uradamus

tarkada

Jul 12, 2020
Domination Reversal is a tag on some websites and it sounds similar at least in the short term.

Maswoo

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Latinized term you say.
Subvertere Auctoritas
Everything sounds good in latin.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
This particular trope is usually 50/50 on whether it's written well or just 'wow big dick, you're in charge now'. The 50% that is well written are a joy to play though.