RPGM - Abandoned - Succubus Crest [v0.0.4d] [Dokan]

1. 2.00 star(s)

♍VoidTraveler

Massive yawn-inducer. :whistle::coffee:
    *Headache from that shitty ENG dub.
    *Headache from that ENG sex dub/other sounds, and you can't turn them off because it doesn't work lol.
    *Talia and just about every other bitch will still treat you like a beta, stud or no stud.
    *Proofreading needed.
    *Story is a massive cheese, and not even the fun type of cheese.
    *Art is just okay, nothing special.
    *Some attempts at animation were noted, but they were laughable.
    *No combat, you run like a beta from everything.

Nah, i don't see this being fun to me in any way, shape, or form.
    Decided that i wasted about enough of my time at that "alliance gathering" stage. :sneaky::coffee: v0.0.4d
  2. 3.00 star(s)

asdfmpvcxz

little slow paced for me, i really dont like the quests and especially the fetch quests. i stopped after the nun because i realized i wasnt playing the game is because i enjoyed it. i was really just playing because the reviews were good. all in all i find this game to be well made and very well done in most areas however it doesnt fit my style and i dont find much enjoyment out of it. the scenes are a bit lackluster for me and i dont like running around the map for some stupid quest, added with picking a poor route early and a lack of diverse options, this game makes me feel very restricted which is ok sometimes but the story doesnt do it for me either.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

akkea

The game is good, it has a fairly immersive and interesting story, its scenes are good although it could improve the theme of the animation, although they are still good. When you play it and when you advance, it gives you a lot of intrigue to know what will happen next and that is the interesting thing In the future it could be an extremely great game, the process and effort of the creator is quite good and it is admirable, I would say that with the passage of updates the game will be great, it is worth playing 9/10
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Platinum_Flame

Gotta be my favorite RPGM game. Very high quality. There's voice acting, humor and very nice atmosphere. The music is very fitting. You get to choose whether you become a dom (stud), sub (charmer) or switch (undecided). The story is good enough. I honestly haven't noticed any disadvantages so far. You may have a problem with that the scenes aren't animated, but that's about it.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

I don't really get the praise this game has received. It's... fine? I guess it's modestly better than other rpgm games out there just because there’s no combat but it seems the devs just replaced combat with fetch quests. I hate grind as much as the next guy, but I think fetch quests might actually be even more boring. In addition, the game keeps the other real issue that rpgm games tend to have – aimless wandering. I probably spent half of my two hours of playtime trying to figure out where to go. This might be less of a problem if there’s more stuff to do later in development, but I couldn’t really find much outside the nun storyline.

Another selling point is supposed to be the ability to choose your route, charmer or stud. Unfortunately these should really be titled wuss and asshole. The charmer is nice (which apparently makes him a sub?) and the stud is a jerk to everyone (which apparently the women in the game find attractive?). Neither route appealed to me, especially because the writing was pretty lifeless on both paths. I guess it might appeal to the dom/sub crowd though?

The story is... there? A succubus got spelled into a cat, makes a pact with a random scrub, and now she'll get her power back when he bangs enough chicks. It’s a rather unimaginative excuse for an h game, which would be okay… if it wasn’t played straight.
    The art is good. Not the best I’ve ever seen, but not bad. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to keep me invested when pitted against endless fetch quests behind the wheel of a crappy main character.
    The voice acting was actually pretty good. Unfortunately it feels like it was used more to excuse the lack of good writing in the sex scenes than to highlight or accentuate what was already there. I’m into h games largely for the atmosphere, whether ridiculous, serious or anywhere in between. The sex scenes in this game have none. Some clothes come off, there’s some breathy moaning and then back to fetch quests. Buy the girl dinner, take her dancing, walk in on her in the shower, get caught in the rain, just… anything… to give the scenes some life.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I don’t get the rave reviews. This is a pretty standard rpgm h game in all the worst ways. Trade an rpg grind for fetch quests and you’ve got it pegged. It’s just the kind of game I’d expect to see people begging for a completed save in the comments on. The art and voice acting seem like the only saving graces, but they’re just not enough.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

GeK7

Good rate of development and devs always respond to questions and suggestions. Very good amount of content for such an early build would recommend anyone to keep an eye on this absolute gem of a project. ;)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

geebster

Story

While many may be turned off by an RPGMaker game or one with the word Succubus in the name, the implementation of the succubi (and the one central to the story - Eris) is very uniquely done. Without spoiling more than the first few minutes of the game, you are initially tasked with helping Eris regain her powers by having intercourse with girls in the game. This isn’t a static goal that exists solely as an excuse to give the player lewd scenes, however, as the story progresses and widens with meaningful choices and the goals and priorities of the main character change over time (again, without spoiling anything). The story setup is extremely well done, and I am excited to see where it goes. 9/10

Gameplay

As previously stated, many people are turned off when they see RPGMaker games because of the grindy combat that is associated with the genre. This game doesn’t have combat. Instead the game progresses through puzzles and decisions made by the player. Some puzzles can be tricky and there are some things like having to wait for certain times of day to complete some quests or having to backtrack to previous towns for objectives, but overall, the game provides only enough friction to be engaging without annoying or frustrating the player. The only potential grind comes in the form of leveling up your Charmer or Stud levels, which open dialogue and scene options for submissive or dominant players, respectively. The CHOICE to play as dominant, submissive, or as a switch with meaningful differences in scenes and content, in addition to the lack of grind, absolutely makes this a game for everyone. 8/10

Writing

I think this is where the game distinguishes itself from others the most. The writing is fantastic. As someone who enjoys femdom games there really aren’t a lot of games out there that appeal to my fetishes as a player. Even fewer are actively in development or new to the scene. As such, having a game as well-written as this with as much content as it has this early in development is an absolute godsend. While I haven’t tried playing as a dominant character, I am sure the content is just as good and well written on that side as well. What is absolutely indisputable is that the writing for the femdom path is fantastic, both in erotic scenes and in the general story. 10/10

Art

Is great. Me like. (I’m not an artsy person so I don’t know how to meaningfully critique it). 9/10

Overall

Even at this early stage (ver 0.0.25a), this game is shaping up to be one of the better femdom games, while also having a fully realized dominant route (which, again, I haven’t played). The dev is very active on discord and easily approachable and there are regular polls and suggestion forms for what content people want to see next. The game is also aiming to be fully voice acted and a lot of the game already is. There is already a lot of content in the game and I encourage anyone who is on the fence about trying it to set some time aside and give it a go. I am sure you won’t be disappointed. 9/10
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Laslyon

Really good game, has a few hours of play in it with a good story. I've played through a few times with each update and I really enjoy the puzzles. I think this is a great start and I'm excited for more updates.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

mouseguru

There's not a huge amount to say that hasn't already been said.

First off, let me make it clear that I do enjoy this game and it's worth supporting the dev, especially since the funds go directly into commissioning assets and making the game even better.

Wha grabbed me about the game was the concept of being bound to a succubus. What kept me intrigued was the execution. The writing is great (other than the minor typos) and the characters are believable. It takes a bit of work to get sex scenes, but it's worth it. (A comparable game, in terms of pacing, would be Warlock and Boobs, if you've played that.)

The game dev is VERY available for questions -- which makes a huge difference. The only minor downside is that there's no actual walkthrough, so you're kinda forced to ask the dev if you get stuck. Or hunt around on this thread to see if someone else is stuck in the same place you are.

In a few places, the game warns you that you're making an important choice which will have consequences later, so it's clear that there are definitely branching story paths. These aren't just arbitrary choices either, so the game has some replayability.

The game itself is still at a fairly early stage of development, although there's already a few days' worth of playable content. There are a few minor bugs, and these, together with the dev's tendency to go back and add or change scenes in earlier parts of the game means that continuing a save from one version to the next is hit or miss.

For the dev, I would recommend either a "warp" system (where you can make important choices and warp to a certain point in the game) or providing working saves with different combinations of the important game choices, to prevent frustration when releasing updates.

One other minor nitpick is that, despite "succubus" being in the title, you don't do a whole lot of sexual interaction with succubi in the game. Yet. That being said, it looks like the author is setting things up for that to change in the next release or two.

Good game!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

johnnywolf

Very pleased with this game, it's pretty fun to play and the dialogue is very impressive. I even appreciate some of the fetish things as well although I wish there was more. I can tell a good portion of time was spent on the game and I can't wait to see how this game turns out upon completion.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Konstantinus

Another succubus game.
    This time it is more unusual because the Female Lead is not a succubus anymore but something better. A cat.
    Now she makes with our Protagonist a deal where he has to go wildly fucking to fill her with power again so she can get her old form back.
    But where this sounds easy it is not. It is for preventing another interrace war where he so got dragged in unknowing and gives us players another angle in this often told and not very often varied story.

The story is one of the main selling points here. Because we where shown it before the PC is getting told this, we want to know how it develops. But the second point is the characters.
    The dev spends many work on building out characters with much detail but bland names you will definataly remember them but have no idea how they are called.
    You have two and a half different paths depending on your stud or charmer lvl that unlocks more dialog options and decide if you are more the submissive nice guy or the horny chad. If you have both stats on equal you can decide which path scene you will see.
    One negativ point that did a shitstorm at the start is the devs angle on money flow. The first sex scene you where shown back then where get prevented by a paywall where you are asked if you not want to use the patreon version.
    Now it is only the scenes with the sister so if you like incest you have to pay because those two scenes are equivalent for the two different paths in the game.
    Which is understandable because he voice the characters has scenes with beautifull art in it and those are not for free.
    He really gives his heart in it and you can feel it ingame as on his discord server.
    You can ask yourself if you rather want a game with art from other games that is programmed totally for free. There you can look at Haramase Simulator. Another good game but with reaaaaaaaaaaally slow updates.
    From my opinion those 4$ per month are totally worth for a game with monthly updates, hillarious memorable characters and beautifull art.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Rei do Atum

Awsome game, with a great history and great characters and easy to understand. Love it. The prologue is really essential and the characters have a nice developing, you can see how the main character evolve his relationships with everyone, and that's very nice. You really can see the story evolving and getting more intense. The side quests don't even look like side quests because they are done with the same energy as the main quests, and that gives the game an even more emersive experience. Absolutely recomend it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

vincanity

This game is a real one to watch! It has a great balance of dom and sub, an immersive story line, characters you can actually get attached to, and progresses nicely with relationships. The balance of side quests is great as well, and gives you extra hidden content that is really worth the additional exploration. The gameplay isn't too hard to deter you, but simple enough that you won't find yourself constantly getting stuck.

Usually with these types of games, there is not enough lewd content and too much gameplay, or not enough gameplay and too lewd content driven. This is a great balance of everything.

Looking forward to seeing where this game goes moving forward... One thing I hope to see is more end game scenes (great to see this implemented recently with the Nymphs, hopefully more to come. Would love a foot related game over scene!)
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Goldspark1

Have to say, I was deeply impressed by the game.

First off, love the voice acting. It really does add a new feature that puts this game above its competitors.

Second, have to give you credit for actually making the Succubus dangerous. They really will kill you. This is made clear in the very prologue. Yet they are not without reason and even if seducing a Succubus is a challenge, this game gives you the choice. A really rewarding experience.

Did have some confusion on a dream sequence your character has where you are dreaming and surrounded by cats. Thankfully, this was just a funny dream and not some super hard puzzle.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Reficul

Review as of Version v0.0.25a

The biggest strengths of this game are its growing diversity of kinks and the unique but very nice art style.
    You can choose to be dominant or submissive or even a switch, which is a rarity for most games.
    There is a good amount of content already, considering the game is only a few months old.
    Also a positive is that there is no real need for an early game grind, as there is no true combat anyway, but you don't need endless amounts of gold or stats to progress.

The biggest downside is that you will need to walk a lot, though that is to be expected of a RPG-Maker game. Quests often send you back to places you thought you were already finished with, in order to talk to old NPCs, which is a good thing story-wise, but a negative from a gameplay perspective.
    Another negative is unfinished or held back scenes, which destroy the immersion and force us to replay those scenes in a later build, which also clash with the correct save migration. The fact that the missing scenes have so far been added in the very next public build is the redeeming factor here.
    One final aspect is that even though you have 3 different routes to play on, there is no real freedom of choice in the general story. Except for min-maxing dialogue affection, you can't really affect how the plot progresses so far. Deciding the nun's fate might be the first instance of a long-term decision, but it's not fully finished yet.

Puzzles and riddles are both good and bad, as some puzzles were stupidly easy, while others didn't really seem to follow any logic and required either guessing or pure luck.

Lastly, from what I've seen so far, the devs seem to very active and quite willing to listen to their players. If they can keep it up like this, then I'm sure this game will succeed.
    Also even being a 1$ Patreon allows you to take part in polls about kinks and so forth, so if you like this game, I'd definitely suggest at least pledging that much.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

TheKohai

Goodness gracious. (There's a lot to say here)

I have just finished the third part of the game, and I have to say I am in the slightest astonished.

Sit tight if you want to give a good read cause there's a lot to say here.

Why?

Well let's go over how this game has been out since late October and it's only in Version 0.0.25a (Currently as I am writing this review)

Despite this early version you can get a good 4+ hour playthrough if you're doing a first visit and if you take your time to go through the game.

Also, there are already over 15 ero scenes in it and I noticed different scripts on my playthrough as a stud and as a charmer (Especially in the latest part where even the expressions where different.]
    ((So I can't even begin to imagine the possibilities of this Developer getting the average of what the big guns around here make)) to be frank I can't understand how he makes 250 a month and
    there's so much voice acting, pixel art, OST AND this level of art (???) Kinda brings to shame other devs but let's leave this aside and focus on the game.

Okay so the game can be played in three different routes, I ended up playing both the stud and charmer route. [Even though I do not enjoy being a charmer, I was just curious to see what will change.]
    As mentioned the events are different, cutscenes change and you even get to deal with different girls that match up to your personality which is awesome at this current stage of game. Like in one
    cutscene as a stud you will bang a door and wake someone up and show the protagonist being super mad, and if you're a charmer you will open the door slowly and have a sad expression on. Which is a nice
    touch to it, and we can see there's attention to detail.

Pro's

Story

It was simple but it is now becoming more clear there's waaaaay more to this than I originally thought trying the first version.

Music

It's great, ambience is so good, I feel I get sucked into the little towns sometimes.

Art

The art is gorgeous.

Dialogues

They have their moments, sometimes it's normal and quiet and suddenly you will get a funny dialogue option where you can laugh your ass off at the witty comment and go tell a girl you like apache helicopters.

Puzzles

Now I will say I am REALLY bad with puzzles. But I am very stubborn and those are REALLY well-made. I am suprirsed on how there's something new to them with every release.
    They are really amazing and I can assume not too hard (for others) either. In this part there was a more complex one but you were able to skip it if you want. (I ended up doing it once)

Voice-acting

95% Good and 5% Bad. There are some amazing moments to it, and the delivery is great but for example the merchant to me sounds a bit off (like he swallowed a frog or something)
    But the girls are real good and super hot and bring a whole new energy to the experience.

Choices

This is so complex and amazing at the point it will become a problem to keep track of what you're doing. You will find yourself goofing with the girls that you might forget your quests lol.
    It's a nice addition in this version you get a lot of Character development and you're even able to flirt with them and drop some smooth lines that increases affection even more,
    and unlocking different dialogues (I assume), the only part I noticed this was with Olivia and Ava who would be "Excited to see me" when visiting them in the end of my playthrough,
    something that didn't happen with lower relationship points.

NTR

Completely avoidable, hell you can even punch people for it and get some good justice out of it.

RPGM

I will list it as a Pro, because I feel there's good use of the engine with all the choices going on and no combat like usual RPGM titles.

Cons

-Some quests you have to backtrack here and there a bit
    Would be nice if there was a feature like fast travel and Fast Travel because if the game opens up it will be a pain going from one place to another.

-Slimes need to be re-worked as they can be annoying sometimes.

-Merchant voice is something that should be changed.

TL;DR
    - Really underrated. (Offers features other games don't)
    - Ambitious project to be one of the big guns around here.
    - A lot of kinks (to please both dom/sub and switches.)
    - Plethora of choices (Play the game as you like it.)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

zARRR

I was not going to write a rewiew yet, I was waiting for more content but I think that this game is better than 1/4 games on this site and the author seems like a good guy who wants to make an excellent game, therefore I’ll write a review.
    The story shows potential and for now is looking good, and so are the characters, the artstyle is pretty and the dialogue is neither mediocre neither incredible but very decent and has some real nice moments in it.
    The voice acting is hit or miss, for example the succubus and the bartender nail the role, even the MC has some nice lines, some others are not as good, but still not terrible.
    The gameplay has some problems like the backtracking, and the beginning is rough and there for now not too many side missions, but the ones that are in it are well done.
    The best part of the game is the choice of dialogue you can have with the characters, you can choose to be Dom or Sub or undecided for the rest of the game which makes it really refreshing as some games have only one route of approaching things.
    Therefore the game may not seem excellent, but this is just the start and given some time it will be probably one of the big games on this site.
    Personally I really liked it and if you don’t mind too much about these little problems you can have some hours of real fun.
  18. M
    5.00 star(s)

Misha the Soviet Bear

Succubus Crest (SC v.0.0.2c): An ambitious project!

I still remember the day I searched the forums for something exciting, something new. That’s when I stumbled upon SC. At first, I was skeptical, you know, another RPGmaker-game with a succubus in it seemed a little cliché for me. Nonetheless, I gave it a try and I instantly fell in love with it!

• Plot
    • Let’s start with the most important aspect of a great game, the plot. Our MC’s a young man, who one night has a strange dream. In his dream, he meets a succubus called Eris who makes him an offer. She offers him to fulfill any wish he desires, but in return, he has to help her regain her powers.

• Why? Because Eris lost her succubus form during a fight with a witch and two other succubi, temporarily turning her into a cat. Naturally, our MC accepts Eris’s offer, helping her regain her original self.

• How does he manage to do that? Well, by fucking as many girls as possible e.g. his sister, a nun, a cute forest elf-witch, a farm-girl, and much more. Every time he fucks a girl Eris gets stronger. What did you expect? She’s a succubus after all! The plot itself is simplistic, but in its simplicity, it’s tons of fun! This just shows that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel to make a gripping story. Sometimes simplicity and consistency are key!

• In-game mechanics
    • Character development in an RPGmaker game? Yes, and surprisingly it’s very well implemented and written! Our MC starts as a wimp, as a nobody, living in a run-down hut all by himself. Every in-game day he has the chance to train one of two character traits, either becoming a Charmer or a Stud. I went for the stud-route and you could tell that the MC slowly went from wimp to Chad.

• What’s the difference? Well, becoming a Charmer is the submissive- and a Stud the dominant-route. Depending on which trait you primarily skill into new dialogue choices and different scenes will open up. It’s the same with NPCs e.g., the farm-girl Olivia will only interact with you if you’re a Stud, vise-versa Valeria, the town-girl, prefers Charmers. You won’t experience everything and every one the game has to offer in just one playthrough. Ergo the replay-ability of SC is enormous and will increase as development goes on!

• The kinks
    • Right now Succubs Crest is still in its infancy, but already has a lot of content in it. The kinks go from, my personal favorite, vanilla to incest and, to spice things up a little, some NTR, which is completely AVOIDABLE! Variety is the spice of life! On the one hand, SC offers a wide variety of different kinks and fetishes. On the other hand, it doesn’t force you into doing certain acts with your significant other e.g. there’s a NTR-scene where you get three options. A, either watch the bartender fuck your sister, B, if you’re a Stud, punch him and incest-finger your sister in front of him, or C there will also be a Charmer option in a future version. The first time you meet the elf-witch you’ll have to please her and you get different options, ranging from fingering, oral to foot play, and worship. Of course, the community decides which kinks make it into the next version of the game.

• The characters, art, and voice-acting
    • All the characters are extremely likable, well-written if a little cliché though. But by far the best-written character is our MC. The side-characters like the farm-girl or the nun are pretty neat as well. The art style is gorgeous and fresh, something different, but pleasing. The voice-acting is superb and fits the characters and their personality perfectly. The fact that we got voice-acting this early on in the development cycle of a game just shows how much passion, love, and ambition flows into creating it.

• tl;dr
    • To sum up, Succubus Crest is an ambitious title worth keeping an eye on. It offers a well-written plot, a relatable MC, and caters to a lot of different kinks and fetishes. As always, if you enjoy a game, support it! SC is one of those games worthy of doing so!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1571565

So, there is a lot to say here, but I don't know if I have the ability to convey it all. Firstly, the project is ambitious, but the dev and his team give me confidence to see it through.

The fact a demo had a ton of voiced lines, and he keeps getting more added with the updates is spectacular. Not all voices are perfect, but you can tell the passion and dedication of the team to really go the extra mile to make a good game. Going along with that is some really gorgeous and incredible art. Its really well done!

One thing I was incredibly iffy on is the fact it caters to two completely opposite groups. There is the "Stud" and "Charmer" system. You in to making women your bitch and worshipping your cock? Stud is for you. A little shy and like when women take control, you'd focus on their pleasure? Charmer is for you. There is an interesting balance system that based on the choices and way you develop your character that will change the interactions with other NPCs. I absolutely love it! It's done quite well and there is such varied content, its like you can play 3 different perspectives to the story.

I really could say a lot more about it, but...I'm a bit lazy. So for people like me who just want to not look at my wall of text, let me give you a TL;DR breakdown:

voices: 3/5, not the best, but having it at all is incrediable! I think it only gets better over time as roles and support fine tunes it

Art: 5/5 its gorgeous and beautifully made

Story: 4/5 Its a bit early, but there is a definite plot but...

Characters: 5/5 ...the real seller is here. The way interactions change and work with the multiple ways to meet certain...goals...is great!

Gameplay: 4/5 the reason why this is kinda low is there is some back and forth like fetch quests, and some quests that can be frustrating with the time system. Slimes can be annoying. What brings it up though is that while you're doing "back tracking" with the way your stats/character grows, older characters have new scenes/reactions. So even when its like "oh hell, I have to go back there" its also like "I'll drop on so-and-so and review a sex scene or maybe more, heh heh" ...yes, with affection and your stats, you can demand sex scenes on request

All in all, I know the math is off if you just look at my ratings, but the game has so much potential and its looking so good, its a 5/5 for me. The team is incredibly active and hardworking, I highly recommend supporting this project. It's worth it