3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Grimlock18

Dec 31, 2018
looks good so far, however when i go to sleep on the first day loading errors keep happening.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Why it this at version 1.3? Is this picking up from the 1st game! If its a new game I don't get the jump to 1.0, then again I really don't get how developers give out version numbers. I get 00.1 or 0.1 till it works up to 1.0.

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
i'm surprised dev didn't just use the old layout from 1 and added new char and more scene to already existing character. there's a lot of unfinished stuff in 1.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Why it this at version 1.3? Is this picking up from the 1st game! If its a new game I don't get the jump to 1.0, then again I really don't get how developers give out version numbers. I get 00.1 or 0.1 till it works up to 1.0.
There's no hard and fast rules for how version numbers should be done. The most common standard today is Semvar (semantic versioning). With Semvar a 1.0.0 would, indeed, be a finished and thoroughly bug tested game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But semvar isn't universally accepted and most major branded software products don't use it. For example Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Windows, and Adobe Photoshop all have their own version numbering schemes with little relationship between them. And, just a decade or two ago, version numbers for beta applications would have looked more like 1.0 beta1 and 1.0 beta2 (there was rarely more than one or two beta releases of a software). The only thing that really matters is that the developer understands his own versioning scheme and remains consistent in applying it.

Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
Yeah it's an 0.03 right now, 5-10 mins of gameplay tops.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
But semvar isn't universally accepted
Hmm, I learn something new :D. Thank you, I'll keep the semvar system I mind. I think the commercial gaming industry still uses it. GTA San Andreas was at version 1.0 when it came out, since then they released bug fixes and the versions are in line with the semvar system. It seem programmers, developers use whatever they want to list the next version.

Most of the games I play Ren py, RPGM, ect seem to use 0.1, 00.1 until they work up too 1.0, anything beyond that is updates to cg's, UI, the game core...

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Hmm, I learn something new :D. Thank you, I'll keep the semvar system I mind. I think the commercial gaming industry still uses it. GTA San Andreas was at version 1.0 when it came out, since then they released bug fixes and the versions are in line with the semvar system. It seem programmers, developers use whatever they want to list the next version.

Most of the games I play Ren py, RPGM, ect seem to use 0.1, 00.1 until they work up too 1.0, anything beyond that is updates to cg's, UI, the game core...
That is the norm these days. And, once upon a time, it wasn't uncommon for devs to use inflated version numbers to make their software seem more mature than it is. But no one does that any more cause its too easy to google search the software and find the truth. One could accuse mozilla of unnecessarily inflating firefox's version numbers by increasing the major-number when nothing major had changed.

I don't think that's what the dev is trying to do here. I don't know the dev's reasoning. But I doubt the dev thinks anyone is going to believe this is a finished game.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes