SugarHacker issue

DecoyWolf

Feb 2, 2018
Recently I've been unable to use SugarHacker when running a Twine game locally. Works perfectly fine when accessing one over the interwebs, though. Ideas?

Or am I just imagining having been able to do that in the past..?

Reactions: Chani

Chani

Sep 24, 2017
Recently I've been unable to use SugarHacker when running a Twine game locally. Works perfectly fine when accessing one over the interwebs, though. Ideas?

Or am I just imagining having been able to do that in the past..?

I'm having the same issue. I don't know for sure but I suspect a recent Chrome update removed the ability for the extension to access local files. I got around it by going to the SugarHacker git repository (link is in the Chrome webstore for the extension) and downloading the unpacked extension and then loading it (need to turn on extension developer mode in Chrome). Don't forget to set the keyboard shortcut in the extensions keyboard shortcuts menu.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
A pic of it not working would help :)

rcz2000

Aug 23, 2016
Also having issues with this. Playing The Company and Life Choices. When I hit CTRL+SHIFT+H nothing happens any more. It used to work for both games. I tried removing the extension and re-adding it but that did not help.

Reactions: Keioshin

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
SugarHacker is kind of old now, wouldn't be surprised if Chrome has broke it in some way. Might be easier to just use the dev console instead.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
dev console???????
Yes, dev console or debug console which ever you want to call it.

OP has instructions for Chrome and it's about the same for Firefox also. I don't use Chrome but can also try the TwineHacker in the second post but I haven't used it, it's for Chrome probably about the same for SugarHacker.