Daz [Suggestions and discussion] Tips to morph genesis 8 figure to look like Yennefer from witcher 3?

CırıLover

Nov 5, 2016
Here is a test Render :)
Yennefer comparision.jpg
Left and Middle: Yennefer from the game,
Right: My Yennefer morph in Genesis 8​

Please suggest to me how to make Genesis figure look more like Yennefer. I think her upper face width is slightly smaller than my Genesis figure. All your suggestions are welcome.
Thank you :)

CırıLover

Nov 5, 2016
Ok so here is a small update. I made a few changes to her face width and eye shape and I think I have gotten really close to making genesis 8 look like Yennefer. :)
Yen6.png

Reactions: Madmanator99

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
I like your second one, but I think the jaw is a little bit short compared to the screens you posted of her. The forehead and eyes are great thou imo!

Maybe try some morphs that make the face/lower face longer, and see what you get? That lower part just feels a little bit compressed, but not by much realy. maybe a few %s.

Otherwise, she is looking good!

Reactions: CırıLover

CırıLover

Nov 5, 2016
I like your second one, but I think the jaw is a little bit short compared to the screens you posted of her. The forehead and eyes are great thou imo!

Maybe try some morphs that make the face/lower face longer, and see what you get? That lower part just feels a little bit compressed, but not by much realy. maybe a few %s.

Otherwise, she is looking good!
Thanks for your suggestion mate, I will work on it :)

WickedWorkshop

Nov 18, 2020
One of my best practices is to try and find a picture of my reference without makeup. This helps me get a better look at bone structure and prevents me from exaggerating features, since makeup does such a good job at covering those things up.

Here’s an image I found online from a mod that removes her makeup. Hope this helps!

82EE0B10-99D3-4412-849C-84A2AA10F7B0.png

CırıLover

Nov 5, 2016
One of my best practices is to try and find a picture of my reference without makeup. This helps me get a better look at bone structure and prevents me from exaggerating features, since makeup does such a good job at covering those things up.

Here’s an image I found online from a mod that removes her makeup. Hope this helps!

View attachment 905787
alright i will be nice and chime in.

get the original model

scale the model to the same size as yours, use that for a reference.

View attachment 905936
Thank you so much for your tips guys. I followed your advice and redid the face. Dang, these things are so difficult. Let me know what do you think of the face now. Your suggestions are always welcome. :)
Yen no Eyeliner.png

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Thank you so much for your tips guys. I followed your advice and redid the face. Dang, these things are so difficult. Let me know what do you think of the face now. Your suggestions are always welcome. :)
View attachment 906786
When you make 3d Models in other software, the old trick is to load reference images into the program, both a front and side pic, and model to the picture. The same principal can be used in DAZ. Create two planes and use an image for the texture, you will have to scale the plane correctly, there is a mathematical way but I'd have to look it up as I cannot remember, I just eyeball things. margot1.jpg
You can also drag the images over the model and wind the cutout opacty back if you want. You can then click the little tick in the scene tab next to the plane so it turns into a cross, that way you can click on the model behind the plane.

Or you you can't be bothered, another trick is use this thing I found that long ago I can't remember where, or find it again.

Always On Top is a free Windows utility that will help you keep any window in the foreground.

How to use?
Launch the utility, select a window and then press the Ctrl+Space shortcut to stick that window in the front.

Basically, you can open an image and you can click around DAZ and image stays, well, on top.

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
Looks pretty good, the main things sticking out to me: make the distance between her mouth and nose smaller by increasing mouth height. Second, increase the thickness of her lips a little bit.

Reactions: CırıLover