Seeking Suggestions based on games I like

S J E

Dec 30, 2020
I'm so happy I've found these forums but, filtering and searching through it has been daunting. I figured I'd post some of my favorite games and y'all can point me in the right directions. I have no issue with incomplete games as long as there's some substance to what's there and some sort of active development happening.

Seeds of Chaos - I typically hate visual novel-style games and want to avoid them but, I love this game's tone (dark but not terribly), the integrated management is a solid distraction, and the art is some of my favorite.

Venture Seas - definitely a game that needs work but the exploration elements and story are enjoyable. Art is... decent, never understand the love for WAY over exaggerated proportions.

LonaRPG - I also am not a fan of RPGmaker games but, the developer went above and beyond here. The Tactical survival gameplay is intoxicating. This one is actually a little too dark for me! Art style is good for being anime but, I kinda hate how it's shaded and colored, very messy (I know it's intentional just not my cup o' tea)

Cloud Meadow - seems this one has come a long way since people previously reviewed it. I love the management with some rpg combat mixed in. The GUI is way too gaudy otherwise I love the art style. If you couldn't tell yet I DIG girls coupling with bizarre creatures as long as it isn't overly rapey (See Lona..)

Price for Freedom - A bit too standard of an rpg setting for me but, feels like it's being made by actual video game developers. Love the different, optional routes for romancing different characters, npc or not. Art style is good but the animation in the cg scenes is often a bit cheesy.

3rd Crisis - Not sure why I enjoy this one so much aside from the not-very-dystopian sci fi setting. Combat is a bit of a chore. Writing is decent. Art is sometimes great but, more often just decent. Has the same cheesy animation in it's CG (though here it works better with it's art style)

Roundscape - Don't care for the generic fantasy setting or generic anime art style. Combat is decent. But I would be remiss to not acknowledge this as the fullest most professionally put together game I've played. The psuedo open world actually competes with many professional wrpgs in development and feeling alive.

I could go on but I feel like this gives an accurate idea of what I enjoy. Additionaly, a 3D game would have to knock everything else out of the park for me to have interest. And while I enjoy CG scenes I think I actually like sprite scenes slightly more. Help a brother out? Lol
Thanks for reading and all suggestions!

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Seeds of Chaos - Some dark fantasy games I enjoyed include Kingdom of Deception, Tyrant's Quest and Overwhored.

LonaRPG - if you want a female protag combat-driven RPG, there's Karryn's Prison. It's RPGM, but avoids the boilerplate RPGM combat systems. It's tonally much lighter than LonaRPG.

3rd Crisis - Some other ryona-style games in proper Engllsh include Ghost Hunter Vena, Xenotake and Future Fragments.

Reactions: Rsffvs and S J E

S J E

Dec 30, 2020
Seeds of Chaos - Some dark fantasy games I enjoyed include Kingdom of Deception, Tyrant's Quest and Overwhored.

LonaRPG - if you want a female protag combat-driven RPG, there's Karryn's Prison. It's RPGM, but avoids the boilerplate RPGM combat systems. It's tonally much lighter than LonaRPG.

3rd Crisis - Some other ryona-style games in proper Engllsh include Ghost Hunter Vena, Xenotake and Future Fragments.
I'll look into these, Thank You.
Hope people keep chiming in!

S J E

Dec 30, 2020
Figured I'd add some honorable mentions while I watch this thread, lol.

Breeders of the Nyphelym - Not really into 3d games (go back and forth on interest in Wildlife) but enjoyed what little this one's got so far, has real promise. Also played an eqyptian-esque skyrim style one that is janky but just as promising (forgot the name)

Aurelia - Another semi visual novel in a somewhat bland fantasy setting. Art style is great in a mid 90s computer game style. Story is well written even if not all the characters are interesting. Needs alot more content and a bit more 'choices matter' thrown in and it could be something awesome.

Almastriga - A high quality metroidvania game. There are so many of this type and yet very few standouts. I like that this one has excellent art and seems (so far) to avoid anime tropes. The control and hit detection needs work and I'm not crazy about having to return to your base to see any unlocked H scenes (especially with no fast travel??) Otherwise it stood out enough that I'm still following development.

Debauchery in Caelia Kingdom - It's amazing that I like this one. I like to read but, text heavy games like this seem like a point less chore. I like the art-style (what there is to see of it) and the choices seem meaningful. Development on this one seems slow af. I think it's semblance of management gameplay and variety of creatures is what does it for me.

Maybe other people can use this thread for ideas too. Additionally I'd like shout out 'Kystallize is Back' on yt.com. Doesn't post often but does good thorough reviews/spotlights on H-games. Was my go to 'til finding this site!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sounds like one of the things you like is games that contain more actual gameplay, rather than story.

It's worth checking out Kamidori Alchemy Meister; it's one of my touchstones for mixing erotic story-telling with actual gameplay. Ataegina has a deep RPG element; you might like that. My own game, Love of Magic, is a Sandbox VN, with card based combat.

Reactions: S J E

S J E

Dec 30, 2020
Sounds like one of the things you like is games that contain more actual gameplay, rather than story.

It's worth checking out Kamidori Alchemy Meister; it's one of my touchstones for mixing erotic story-telling with actual gameplay. Ataegina has a deep RPG element; you might like that. My own game, Love of Magic, is a Sandbox VN, with card based combat.
Thank you much, yes, gameplay is important to me. I'll be checking these out!

Reactions: Droid Productions