Suggestions on how to create art for hentai game

AtaraxiaDnB

May 6, 2018
hey guys.
I'm a programmer looking into doing some game creation in my spare time, unfortunately, I have no artistic skills whatsoever. Was just looking for some advice regarding how I should go about the art for it? Should I try and find someone who I can work with, or maybe there is software that I can use to create the characters without needing 3D modelling or drawing experience? Not sure where to get started.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
You could look into honey select. It has a ton of prebuild characters by the community, and a build your own option where you just use sliders/throwing parts together. The style of characters is like hentai. Its not the best quality of artwork you can create with it, but its good enough for a starter. I'm not sure how you export the scenes created in the program to another game engine.

DAZ is another option with prebuild characters, but its much more focused on more realistic looking woman (well except tits size). Its harder to pick up than honey select, but provides a bit more freedom qua art-style and setting.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I was in a similar situation; I'm a programmer, and I needed some art.

For my first game (Making Movies) I used Honey Select. It worked fine; obviously someone like Dante uses Honey Select with much greater skill. I didn't like the implications of licensing , though, and as such I refused to put up a patreon etc for it.

For my second game, Love of Magic, I switched to DAZ. It's got a steeper learning curve, and hardware requirements, but at least licensing is straight-forward and clean. Some people prefer the visual style; to me it's not a big deal.

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
There are tons of software and free assets on the internet, but I must warn you that any money you save by creating your own art, you are spending your time for.
You just have to sit down and calculate how much value your time has, often it's much faster accept programming jobs and use the money to pay an artist to create the art.

Rhythm

Mar 9, 2017
Honestly I'd stay away from Honey Select. Its extremely limited and you'll almost never be able to make a character that you actually want to make as you basically can only choose from presets.

I personally draw and use Daz. Drawing takes ages to learn and ages to complete, meaning slower development times, but the quality and freedom of expression is way higher than what Daz can offer.

Daz isn't too hard to learn, and there is a huge selection of assets you can find here and on the internet which can let you really customize your characters a lot. To not make them look like goblins though can take a lot of time and effort.

Honestly, if you're confident in your idea and your programming, I would hire someone with proven results that you like. Daz is probably the best option for the scenario you've described, but I guarantee it will take you hundreds+ hours to learn to a level of actual good quality.