4.60 star(s) 311 Votes

Joswick

Jan 3, 2023
It's good to see that the developers accept their mistakes and compensate their sponsors for having disappointed them, and hearing that the game could be abandoned started to scare me that history will repeat itself like A.O.A academy, I still miss my beloved Valery a lot, no I want the same thing to happen again with this game and with my beautiful Eve :cry:, but now that they cleared up the rumor I'm a little calm.

I hope they continue with the project and that the next update has much more content than this last one, I still hope to see more content with Eve, a very touching and romantic moment, it sounds corny on my part but I think I'm not the only one , tastes mine at the end of the day.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Move time along:
Time passing will always be an issue for a game that has upper limit (the camp ends in couple of weeks). If you move it too fast, you might not have enough time to finish the story. It all comes from the update being small for 10 moths of waiting.
Well, who says that the camp will end in a couple of weeks, depending how the story will go.

The update being ''small'' (1800 renders) has really not much to do with the overall pacing.
Until 0.5 we just managed to finish a single day, and 0.5 alone had over 3000 renders...that the story will move too fast is really not a problem i expect we will have in this game, at least not with the story, the pacing with relationships is a different matter thought.

SmeagolTheKing

Jun 1, 2024

Hello, everyone!

Quick warning: this post may be longer than 0.6. It also contains spoilers.

It's time for some post-update thoughts and we'd like to preface this post by saying that yes, it seems like we fucked up with 0.6 in several ways. The biggest issue is the size of the update, and specifically how short the playtime ended up being. Coming from the light indoor sets of 0.5 to the heavy outdoor sets of 0.6, the render counts are also vastly different.

This update was very Mia heavy to begin with and the content is divided even further by branching on top of that. Don't like Bree, Sophie or Mia? Well, now you're going to play through 0.6 as fast as someone holding down the skip button just to get to the sex scenes. Which brings us to the next topic...
The sex content—or lack thereof. The previous two updates both had full sex scenes, and 0.6 now sticks out like a sore thumb with its milder scenes. Understandably, the intimate scene with Mia in the morning also felt quite repetitive after 0.5 ended with another Mia scene. It almost feels like a moment from a game called Game Dev Tycoon... there, the game chastises you for releasing two similar games (or in this case, sex scenes) too close together. And we'd have to agree, it doesn't seem to go over very well.

That's on us. The day content wasn't planned to have much lewd or sexual content. The scenes in 0.6 weren't meant to escalate into something sexual, but rather to offer more depth to the characters and their backstories. But many people were expecting something more.

Your expectations regarding updates is something we wanted to learn through this update's feedback survey. We're quite shocked to say, but in the first 48 hours of the survey being up, we received over 500 survey responses. That's more responses than we had for the entire duration of the 0.5 feedback survey—and it's still growing.

That's a lot of responses. Thank you.
One thing we learned from this survey is that the audience is very split when it comes to expectations regarding content. We won't change our vision for the game but we will work on the pacing to get to the scenes that matter faster, and find that balance that works for most.

We'll go over a couple of the most common topics covered in your survey responses, but first we'd like to list some of the changes we're planning to implement in 0.7.

Planned changes
  • Tighten the render count in less important scenes; focus on scenes that matter.
  • Move time along. We've been quite fond of "stopping to smell the roses" while little time passes in-game, but we've also started skipping more. Going forward, we will also be passing more time off screen.
  • Animations will be going back to 30fps.
  • Give the main character a new haircut. We were already planning on doing this. Although it may be hard to tell, his current hair has both a wet and a dry version so he hasn't been walking around with wet hair, just messy.
  • Give proper endings to the updates and don't end as abruptly as 0.6.
  • Give better overviews of the updates to set proper expectations.
  • If something goes wrong during development, talk about it. More transparency.
  • Less polishing.

Now let's move on to a couple of the frequently mentioned topics...

Abandoning Summer Heat

There was a lot of concern in the survey that Summer Heat might be abandoned, especially following the critique of 0.6 and how it might affect our motivation to keep developing. We won't lie to you, it does hurt. It's never fun to let people down, as a creator or otherwise.

But we're far more concerned with how you feel about the game and its updates. That's why we'd like to offer refunds to anyone who was disappointed by the update. Just shoot us a DM here on Patreon. We don't want you to feel disappointed and this is the best we can do in the short term.

Summer Heat will not be abandoned. And if there was ever a sign of it, we'd let you know.

The toaster

The attention the toaster has been receiving in the surveys is surprising. Two frames of doom. We didn't count it as an animation or even think much of it since it was just a little test, but it certainly left an impression on many. Good and bad. But the toaster has taught us a lot, and with these findings we fully intend to utilize this transition with characters to see what else we can do.

Status updates

How much do you want to know about upcoming updates? Do you want to know which girls the scenes are with, what the scenes are about, and how much playtime you can expect? How much info is too much info?

We are adjusting our approach to status updates in 0.7 and our focus will be on transparency. We'll be reporting render numbers and relevant information that can be easier to track than a simple overall percentage.

And to start off the status updates for 0.7, here's this week's rundown.

What we did this week:
  • Bugfixing
  • Plotting 0.7
  • Scripting 0.7
  • Bree outfit poll options
  • Modernized scene creation rig
  • Analyzing your feedback

Other news

The special render for August will feature Eve and be posted this weekend. After the reception of 0.6 we are considering pausing the monthly specials for a while to put that time into making content for 0.7 instead.

Thank you for playing 0.6.

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Robison & Npx
Right or not, time will tell.

Reactions: Sweet Force

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Well, who says that the camp will end in a couple of weeks, depending how the story will go.
It is said the camp is for 2 weeks. So it will end, but maybe not the story/game. Though we don't know where the girls live except Mia, so why continue if you don't see them after camp has ended. MC's supposed to go college when the summer is over I guess

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Let's see how the next cycle plays out. The planned changes are certainly covering the most pressing matters imo.
Especially curious about these points, i really hope they can deliver on their word

And good that they are going back to 30fps, this 60fps nonesense that some games go for is such an utter waste of work and time.
60 fps does look buttery smooth ngl, but wouldn't it be faster to just upscale from 30fps?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It is said the camp is for 2 weeks. So it will end, but maybe not the story/game. Though we don't know where the girls live except Mia, so why continue if you don't see them after camp has ended. MC's supposed to go college when the summer is over I guess
Depending on what happens we could be stuck there longer than expected, i doubt we will visit the girls at home.
But that is a long way off either way.
60 fps does look buttery smooth ngl, but wouldn't it be faster to just upscale from 30fps?
So do 30fps if they are well made, most movies are made in 24fps.
But yes, upscaling would be way faster from what i understand and wouldn't make a big difference in quality compared to render in 60.

Last edited:

alive89

Mar 8, 2023

Hello, everyone!

Quick warning: this post may be longer than 0.6. It also contains spoilers.

It's time for some post-update thoughts and we'd like to preface this post by saying that yes, it seems like we fucked up with 0.6 in several ways. The biggest issue is the size of the update, and specifically how short the playtime ended up being. Coming from the light indoor sets of 0.5 to the heavy outdoor sets of 0.6, the render counts are also vastly different.

This update was very Mia heavy to begin with and the content is divided even further by branching on top of that. Don't like Bree, Sophie or Mia? Well, now you're going to play through 0.6 as fast as someone holding down the skip button just to get to the sex scenes. Which brings us to the next topic...
The sex content—or lack thereof. The previous two updates both had full sex scenes, and 0.6 now sticks out like a sore thumb with its milder scenes. Understandably, the intimate scene with Mia in the morning also felt quite repetitive after 0.5 ended with another Mia scene. It almost feels like a moment from a game called Game Dev Tycoon... there, the game chastises you for releasing two similar games (or in this case, sex scenes) too close together. And we'd have to agree, it doesn't seem to go over very well.

That's on us. The day content wasn't planned to have much lewd or sexual content. The scenes in 0.6 weren't meant to escalate into something sexual, but rather to offer more depth to the characters and their backstories. But many people were expecting something more.

Your expectations regarding updates is something we wanted to learn through this update's feedback survey. We're quite shocked to say, but in the first 48 hours of the survey being up, we received over 500 survey responses. That's more responses than we had for the entire duration of the 0.5 feedback survey—and it's still growing.

That's a lot of responses. Thank you.
One thing we learned from this survey is that the audience is very split when it comes to expectations regarding content. We won't change our vision for the game but we will work on the pacing to get to the scenes that matter faster, and find that balance that works for most.

We'll go over a couple of the most common topics covered in your survey responses, but first we'd like to list some of the changes we're planning to implement in 0.7.

Planned changes
  • Tighten the render count in less important scenes; focus on scenes that matter.
  • Move time along. We've been quite fond of "stopping to smell the roses" while little time passes in-game, but we've also started skipping more. Going forward, we will also be passing more time off screen.
  • Animations will be going back to 30fps.
  • Give the main character a new haircut. We were already planning on doing this. Although it may be hard to tell, his current hair has both a wet and a dry version so he hasn't been walking around with wet hair, just messy.
  • Give proper endings to the updates and don't end as abruptly as 0.6.
  • Give better overviews of the updates to set proper expectations.
  • If something goes wrong during development, talk about it. More transparency.
  • Less polishing.

Now let's move on to a couple of the frequently mentioned topics...

Abandoning Summer Heat

There was a lot of concern in the survey that Summer Heat might be abandoned, especially following the critique of 0.6 and how it might affect our motivation to keep developing. We won't lie to you, it does hurt. It's never fun to let people down, as a creator or otherwise.

But we're far more concerned with how you feel about the game and its updates. That's why we'd like to offer refunds to anyone who was disappointed by the update. Just shoot us a DM here on Patreon. We don't want you to feel disappointed and this is the best we can do in the short term.

Summer Heat will not be abandoned. And if there was ever a sign of it, we'd let you know.

The toaster

The attention the toaster has been receiving in the surveys is surprising. Two frames of doom. We didn't count it as an animation or even think much of it since it was just a little test, but it certainly left an impression on many. Good and bad. But the toaster has taught us a lot, and with these findings we fully intend to utilize this transition with characters to see what else we can do.

Status updates

How much do you want to know about upcoming updates? Do you want to know which girls the scenes are with, what the scenes are about, and how much playtime you can expect? How much info is too much info?

We are adjusting our approach to status updates in 0.7 and our focus will be on transparency. We'll be reporting render numbers and relevant information that can be easier to track than a simple overall percentage.

And to start off the status updates for 0.7, here's this week's rundown.

What we did this week:
  • Bugfixing
  • Plotting 0.7
  • Scripting 0.7
  • Bree outfit poll options
  • Modernized scene creation rig
  • Analyzing your feedback

Other news

The special render for August will feature Eve and be posted this weekend. After the reception of 0.6 we are considering pausing the monthly specials for a while to put that time into making content for 0.7 instead.

Thank you for playing 0.6.

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Robison & Npx
Truth is that people allowed this to happen, they have been milking people's money for ages now and putting out lackluster update after lackluster update and people just swallow it like good little puppies.

you get what you.gif

• Sad
Reactions: Sweet Force

cesar vasquez

Sep 21, 2023
I don't know about you but it gives me problems when I'm in the selection of what will you do in 5 years when I hit done it doesn't remove the grade

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

It stays there, not even skipping the dialogue, it goes away, it stays there

shanksyou

May 20, 2020
Just finally got to playing the update yesterday, and I just want to say whenever Devs put in a scene where the characters do a run through of everything that happened in the previous updates (that long ass convo between MC and Mike) it just reeks of running out of idea and just pumping something out to increase the amount of ‘content’. Wasting that many renders on that conversation is just pointless.

Was disappointed that this game resorted to this tactic too.

Anyway at least it seems the Devs are taking these feedbacks into heart, so we’ll see if anything changes in 2026 then LMFAO

Falconer1523

Jul 28, 2021
The "Move time along" point is concerning. Problem isnt that time isnt moving along, problem is that the update covered HALF A DAY for 10 months of work and it was basically just empty dialogue. Skipping time isnt the solution, filling the time with worthwhile stuff is.

Meabe37

Mar 9, 2023
I agree "Skiping ingame time" won't change a thing... the amount of content deliver at the end will still be the same.

They need to reduce the devs time, that's it. That actually the only thing needed imo. They put out a whole wall of text that was just a bunch of nonsense. Just work better, more and faster maybe hire someone to help. Invest into the development instead of eating caviar.

Last edited:

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
MC just needs to take more naps to advance time. Next update they walk out to the monkey bars again ... :: big yawn :: "I'm bored, going to lay down for a minute." :: close eyes, rest of group does butt stuff or something idk :: Wake up in bathtub with kidneys removed, chapter ends after a montage of MC recollecting all the great memories from the past 36 hours at bestest camp ever.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The "Move time along" point is concerning. Problem isnt that time isnt moving along, problem is that the update covered HALF A DAY for 10 months of work and it was basically just empty dialogue. Skipping time isnt the solution, filling the time with worthwhile stuff is.
While i certainly agree with filling the time with good scenes, we spend 5 updates on one day, the LI's have a crush/in love after knowing the MC for a few hours while barely spending time with him...so yeah, the time needs to move a bit faster.
We don't need to see the whole day, only the important moments, on this way the relationship buildup will also feel better.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
MC just needs to take more naps to advance time. Next update they walk out to the monkey bars again ... :: big yawn :: "I'm bored, going to lay down for a minute." :: close eyes, rest of group does butt stuff or something idk :: Wake up in bathtub with kidneys removed, chapter ends after a montage of MC recollecting all the great memories from the past 36 hours at bestest camp ever.
ah yes, the classic hangover in some godforsaken place. :KEK:

4.60 star(s) 311 Votes