VN Ren'Py Summer In The City [Development Thread]

FlipDaShit

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Fixed version v0.11 is online --->> Link

I changed some of the dialogue in order to increase coherence as well as addressing a new feature. You can now choose to play either as a bisexual or a lesbian Summer, the decision will also play a role in the narrative. Choosing the lesbian part will disable any sexual or romantic interactions with male characters. You can still become friends though.

I also removed the score system which was half baked and didn't really add anything of value to the game since it's mostly narrative driven anyway. You will now have full control over which path you want to take with each character.

Enjoy and please let me know if you run into any problems I may have overseen. Or just let me know what you think in general. Love me some feedback.

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Excellent! Not interested in male options myself and will be doing full lesbian. Thank you for giving the option to go that route solely and changing the narrative to match that choice.
Also, please be aware that you will get some... comments... from people around here for having a lesbian focused game.
Do your best to ignore them. As long as the game is focused on itself and doesn't hammer in allegorical messaging, you will do well and get plenty of love!

Last edited:

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Since this is the development thread, is this where we can post bugs, suggestions, and whatnot?
I have a few things and some suggestions/requests based on my own opinion.

Bug?
After talking with Max, her portait started showing up in transition periods where there is no speaker. Such as after when Denise wlecomes everyone to her class. (Image below.)
As a few times when talking to Cynthia just after.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the Yun Teacher route, Summer takes her top of, then it suddenly appeasrs again, and then suddenly diapeears again during a sequence of dialogue.

Suggestion/Request
I know you just recently added the option to choose a complete lesbian path, and there are a couple of things that feel like they are remains from the bi path and it makes it a bit confusing.

At the beginning of the game when you choose the option to be bi or lesbian, Lilly says she thought Summer was only into boys. And Summer questions to herself if she was. Then if you pick lesbian she says she's not into boys at all.
This kind of feels like it was going down the bi path but then when you make the choice is yanks it back to go the lesbian path rather than the narrative been seamless into either of them.
And later on, Yun asks if Summer is a virgin and Summer responds that she's not really, but she hasn't fucked around a lot. This also feels like it's directed at contact with males.
If choosing the Yun Teacher path, Summer says she doesn't have much experience with vagina's, which I suppose is also true if she hasn't fucked around, but it also feels like it's a continuation of the bi path since her being into women is a new thing in that path, but shouldn't be if she's been into girls during her life. Later on when watching the movie Summer also makes a big deal about kising her second girl within a few days. So that wouldn't align if she even had some experience with girl before Lilly too.
And after playing on with both Yun paths where she dresses up, both of them make referenceto Summer's lack of pussy experience.

As I continued playing there was a sort of fourth wall breaking moment where Summer says it's like someone decided for her that she was suddenly a lesbian. XD
So I don't know if the plan is to be lighthearted about the whole path choice thing.
I thought I'd point these things out since it stands out to me going down the lesbian path, in case you want to adjust it now and take things into account going forward.

Inconsistencies
When talking to Cynthia on the second day, you are given the option to say "Sounds like you still hadn't any luck finding a dick!" to her, in reference to the first time you can pick a response alongthat line the first time you meet her, but this second response doesn't make sense if you didn't pick the first onethe first time.

Spelling/Grammar
Also a couple of nitpicks for spelling and grammar. There are more but these are the one's that stood out. I didn't include anything from text messages because... it's very realistic. XD

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: FlipDaShit

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
My pleasure. It's worth giving input on something you enjoy.

Hmm. The Maxine issue doesn't seem to be happening to me in a new game. But conitnues with my saves. So I might have tirggered it somehow and my save is borked. But it doesn't appear to be consistent with new games. I'll report again if I can find out how I triggered it.
But I'm on Win11.

Thanks in regards to everything else.
I brought up the fourth wall break not as a poke at it, because it's fine and funny on its own, but it kind of is just another thing along with the rest of the things that I pointed out that confuse the the story if she's always been a lesbian.
Because she's always been one and never been attacted to guys, yet suddenly came to the realization. XD
I suppose it could be something like, "I've always been a lesbian. What? Do you think someone randomly decided it for me a couple of days ago or something?" XD
Anyhow, that's a nitpick.

As for spelling and grammar. I didn't get picky with that. In most cases they were disregardable.

Last edited:

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Getting a thing now during the Yun teacher path where I previously mentioned how Summer took her top off, then it was on again, then it was off again.
Now Summer is overlapping herself of a few parts instead. Two examples shown.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FlipDaShit