Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The Naughty Captain
Sep 20, 2024 06:56 pm
Public post

Dev Update #265

ep2_sc1_024.jpg

I finished posing Scene 29.

Rendering is still ongoing slowly but it should progress steadily. Scene 28 has been coded, I'm still working on coding scene 29. After some random QC, I found some faulty details in scene 28 that I will need to correct, but nothing too worrying. Scene 28 has been sent to my proofreaders, I should be able to finish coding scene 29 and send it for correction on Monday. Tuesday will probably be dedicated to correcting scene 28.

I'll start working on Day 2 Scene 2 on Wednesday.

The original scene is very short. Barely a thousand words for about 30 shots. The reworked version will most likely be longer but I don't expect it to wildly grow out of control. The perimeter of the scene and its content are pretty clear. As always for the rework, It will play the same, but feel better. I aim to improve, not to change. The story will stay the same, Jack will still go meet Eve in her bedroom, and he should have some similar choices and options at his disposal. The original scene was short, the reworked one will be short too. I don't think I'll need more than three weeks to finish it (To be honest, I even hope to have some time to spare for some other tasks).

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 5 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 28 and 29.
  • Day 6 Part 5 will contain 1 reworked scene: Day 2, scene 2.
  • Day 6 scene 28 has been written, posed, rendered, and coded.
  • Day 6 scene 29 has been written and posed. Rendering and coding are ongoing.
  • 16 477 words of new content so far.
  • 1 767 lines of code so far.
  • 496 shots are planned, 496 are posed, and 309 are rendered.
  • I'm currently coding scene 29.

You can follow my progress on .

You can also add the game to your wishlist on Steam !

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The Naughty Captain
Sep 27, 2024 06:49 pm
Public post

Dev Update #266

ep2_sc10_005.jpg

Day 6 Scene 29 is still rendering.

As always I render at night, and do quality control and correction during the day if needed. I had a few shots to correct and rerun this week, in both scenes 28 and 29 but nothing dramatic. A couple of shots came out pretty noisy in the most recent batch. We'll see how it plays during the post-processing phase. If it doesn't go well, maybe I'll rerun them with 25,000 iterations. I don't really have any other options anyway.

Aside from that, rendering is progressing. Shot #192 has been rendered, 120 shots to go.

Both scenes 28 and 29 have been coded.

And proofread.

I'm still rewriting Day 2 Scene 2.

The new version of the scene is 1750 words long so far and covers about 65 % of the original scene so far. I don't think I'll cross the 2500-word threshold.

The scene has now a proper introduction and conclusion, and makes a lot more sense, in my opinion. It's consequences too.

I think I need a day or two to finish it. I haven't made any cut yet but I don't think we'll go over 80 shots to pose.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 5 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 28 and 29.
  • Day 6 Part 5 will contain 1 reworked scene: Day 2, scene 2.
  • Day 6 scene 28 has been written, posed, rendered, and coded.
  • Day 6 scene 29 has been written, posed, and coded. Rendering is ongoing.
  • 16 477 words of new content so far.
  • 1755 words of reworked content so far.
  • 3339 lines of code so far.
  • 496 shots are planned, 496 are posed, and 374 are rendered.
  • I'm currently rewriting Day 2 Scene 2.

You can follow my progress on .

You can also add the game to your wishlist on Steam !

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes