VN - Ren'Py - Summer's Gone [S1 Steam + DLC] [Oceanlab]

1. 5.00 star(s)

styrany

Simply brilliant VN.

Outstanding graphics. Great sense of humour. Intriguing story. Very likable characters.

If I am to fault with anything, it would be only that the "Victoria" behavies and speaks as if she is mentally retarded, or like as if she is 5 years old. I guess I understand where does this come from, and beneath that pose there is hidden something true, but for now that is too much.

Really looking forward to next chapters.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

I only made one playthrough, focusing on Bella cause i think the story just came naturally. I will ty to follow other paths, but i feel like there is no other. I want to be wrong.

First i want to talk about animations. Most of them i would consider i waste of render time, really. They are not good enough for the time they must take to produce. Theres a couple that give you something.

The story is interesting, theres some typos here and there like "material arts"
    Some decisions i dont like, for instance the wheelchair girl that triggers something but at some point the game just forgets about her. and introduces another character. I want to to think that its related to the choices i made.

The absence of sex is fine, as long as there is build up, but there is actually none. At some point there is someone who is naked next to another person but there is 0 sexual tension or innuendo. Most of the girls dont know what a bra is and still nobody cares. We get to see a lot of shots of tits and transparencies and butts, but those are only for the player, not for the MC, he doesnt know and doesnt care.

Yes, the MC doesnt care about anything, he doesnt know what a boner is, only a person who is not present in the game can trigger him, so obviously he is not interested in sex.

The warning about blueballing its pointless, because unless you are less than 18, i dont think this game is gonna trigger any sexual response at all.

Thats it so far until the end of chapter 3. A decent game, for its story if you like mistery, but in this game so far everyone is asexual.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

quberock

I love the story, the girls are beautiful and interesting.A little more animations would be a plus, but it's already good as it is. Would love if the updates would be more frequent, but if the quality remain like this, it's worth the wait. Good job Oceanlab, keep going !
  4. 5.00 star(s)

der123fer

Great 3 chapters so far
    The story and events are actually interesting to follow and explore
    The characters/girls: oh my, don't even get me started, every girl definitely deserves her time to shine, and all are appealing in their own way (Already created 6 saves for every different route, but will probably need to add more down the road)
    Shows great potential with beautiful renders and well-put occasional cinematics
    Definitely 5 stars
  5. 5.00 star(s)

FarBonoFar

Summer's Gone is one of the best, if not the best, visual novels I've come across, almost everything from the renders to the story with amazing character elaboration is good in it, and of course, special attention should be paid to cinematic inserts that are difficult to even describe. I could rant and sing praises for a long time, but it will be difficult to do without spoilers and some weird fan theory, so just try it yourself.

Let the system of assessments in zone provide only 5 points, as one game reviewer in my country likes to say: - 10 out of 10 are in the emotional area. And for me, Summer's Gone is a solid 10.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

bomberkita

Finally got to play the novel that everyone was waiting and talking about for months. One of the best story-driven novels by far. Renders are great, girls are great. The plot... Well, that's the whole other story.

From the very beginning, it drags you into this very dark place and you get to know the MC's tragedy. There are no questions left about why he is that weird, and why he acts as he acts. The suspense of the story is incredible, the whole time you spend in front of this novel you simply can't stop thinking about what happened to Summer and where did she go. The whole atmosphere is pretty dark as I already mentioned, but it just makes the narrative better.

The MC is a pretty depressed and anti-social guy with a lot of issues. Now, imagine this kind of a person being a freshman in college. An environment where everything around you changes in a blink of an eye. New people, friends, enemies, challenges, and problems to deal with, whether you want it or not.

I believe that it could be a good premise for a new Hollywood show. So, if you're tired of simple "mother-son" or "sisters-brothers" relationship kind of stories this is just what you need!

I'll give it 9 out of 10 due to the dev's constant shifting of a release date.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Ricardo Sousa

So... this return just brings me back flashbacks from the first time I played the game.
    Almost a year has passed, still, It was nice to play from the beginning and watch the transformation and evolution in the game.
    The renders and cutscenes are just dazzling, the way it's displayed, the angles, zooming in and out and others, it's a real piece of art for this genre.
    The plot and characters are immersive, no one can say otherwise.
    I posted that the story and evolution of the MC would be the core of this game and I still believe that.
    The characters are solid, connections to each one will vary on your choices.
    It seems some characters (others than the obvious ones) have a 'strong' background and may have more impact on the long run.
    The Dev set the story on a high bar, read the dialogues, they are worth it.
    This could be one of those games that the outcome is unpredictable and can go in many ways.
    No sex scenes, and to be honest, I couldn't care less. I would still support this game for everything else and to aim for a different purpose.
    Sure, it's not perfect, but then again, what is?
  8. 5.00 star(s)

sergii-g

Damn You, guys!)) You creation made me crying several times (when i'm not such type of sensitive person) :ROFLMAO:. I tried Your game long time ago. And this time played again from beginning (saves weren't working). What can i say - You're extremely leveled UP in writing and artistic skills. I've got so much pleasure,rainbow of emotions and feelings. I'm so happy to see, how the genre of visual novels progress, when masters are joining to the project. Thank You very much for pleasure! Wish You to finish all of Your projects and ideas. This one is GREAT!Keep the bar of quality! (y)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of (Ch.3) is:

Pros:
    +Long Playing time
    +Lots of different scenes
    +Nice Dialogs
    +Great Renders
    +Nice Story

Cons:
    -None

Total Ratings is:
    I really enjoyed the Game,with its different settings,there was alot of text to read,not in one minute did I think about skipping the text.
    The was not many sex related scenes, but the story and Graphics made up for that.
    Think I,m fallin in Love.
    Last Words:
    damn worth the Download
    Cant wait for the Next version.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

TaylorGermany

Very nice renders and very interesting story. Shaped the characters really well and alive and I enjoy it very much. Chapter 3 is a really good update after a long year of waiting. Keep up the good work!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

johndoe19

The models are attractive and not just super generic Daz 3d models like most games on here. The Story is actually entertaining to the point where I play to know what happens next, and not just for fap material. The characters are all pretty well written as well, they feel real and developed. Definitely one of the better avn's on this site.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2176748

Very nice renders. I like the short cutscene videos. The setup may seem average but I love the well-educated story that unfolds... I like the characters...

I hope the dev(s) will keep this rolling <3
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sirlurkalot

This game has just taken the top spot for me, all the girls are impossibly beautiful, and they actually seem to have realistic personalities that make you care for them. This presents you with the problem of actually choosing one to focus on but that’s an awesome problem to have. Congrats on the developers really!

The protagonist is interesting, and the story is not cookie cutter which have managed to keep my attention easily.

Things I would change, the long animated transitions that happen at some points don’t really add much to the experience for me and could maybe just be replaced by the music kicking in at those points. Especially if that would mean less time between releases. Maybe save that animation time for when there are actually sex scenes in the game. Don’t get me wrong never expected to like this game so much at a point it doesn’t even have any action in it yet.

The cons for me are the really long wait between releases and I also worry that the devs might just keep adding more incredible beautiful girls to the story which might lead to the protagonist not really developing his relationship with the existing ones or worse, even longer waiting time between releases.

All in all this thing is a work of art and should be experienced.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Duriel

Truly blown away!

I've tried the chapter 2 some months ago, but wasn't expecting nearly as much quality as in this new version of the game.

I'll be probably echoing what others have already said but, the storytelling coupled with some unique characters personalities, the fact that this is not your typical harem game and that every girl has her own wishes and decisions to go through, are all traits that keep this game apart from most.

Arguably one of the very few games that is making me genuinely care about actual fictional characters that, thanks to meticulous attention and love, can truly feel alive.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

KalinaMalina

One of the few games i played where melodrama doesn't make me roll my eyes to the back of my skull. Graphically its also up there. It has a lot of potential to be really good, but can go either way. Maybe it will be shit, or maybe it will be the best game.
    There are some criticisms:
    1) Its embarrassing to put so much effort into renders, animations and character models and not proofread your own punctuation. Undermines the quality and makes entire work seem amateurish and low IQ.
    2) The game is approaching 2 year mark and what content is there could be considered a prologue. Another 2 years and all those cool animations and models, which is the strongest side of this game - will all look like shit. 0.3 beta is a pathetic rate of work at 2 year mark. Its entirely possible to make an entire game in 2 years, of similar quality.
    3) Author keeps introducing new girls, there's such thing as too much sugar. MC is becoming spread too thin, like a slim layer of butter across all the girls, and nobody is progressing anywhere with him. Maybe its all part of the developers plan, but at this rate ill have my own son and he will bang all chicks in college faster than MC will.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

MyLoneyLucifer

Having played a lot of adult games, I can without a doubt say this is the absolute best imo.
    This story so far really stands tall and bold amount the numerous other VN's. It grabs you in and I found myself becoming invested in certain characters more than I'd ever think for a VN. There are lots of unique characters to learn about and I for the love of god can't say how much I love that the MC isn't a pussy like most VNs.
    The renders are top tier, I played the beta version so the music wasn't 100% completed but I enjoyed the ones that were there.

Overall I would go as far as to call this game a true masterpiece and recommend it to anyone who's interested in a VN with a excellent story and not just interested in sex.

It was definitely worth the wait and I wish Ocean all the best with both his games.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

cryptoninja

6 star rating all the way! This one has it all, graphics, story, music! The plot pulls you in and wraps you up. I can't wait to see where this story is going. Definitely give this one a try and support the dev if you can. Eagerly awaiting more from this dev. Outstanding work, please keep it up.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Smith47

This game...It's just on another level. One of the best game on this site. Masterpiece. Amazing renders and cinematics.Story and characters are also cool (Bella :love:).
    P.S. I wish there were more sounds and music that suit scenes.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

elmebeteg91

Well if You want to see sex stuff then this is not for You. But if You want to read an amazing story (So far) then I definitely recommend it. I bet You not gonna regret reading this! Conclusion : Masterpiece!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This is a really good game. The tone is unique the protag and most of the characters saw bad side of life so narrative is melancholical sometimes. Renders and girls are beutiful especially the work with lights is amazing. Game is mostly teasing yet but its ok I don't like fan service sex just when the story requires it.