j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, the game had indeed faster updates, yes, but the quality was worse in basically every way. The art wasn't as good, animations were really bad, the quests were worse, and we had stories which were split in 2 or 3 updates and thus laked content and felt a little rushed. It's worth remembering, that Jenny for example already had ~2 combined updates (0.12 just for her and partly 0.12.5/0.9/0.5) and still her story isn't that good and certainly needs a huge rework to reach Roxxy or Diane.

anonymouse1037

Nov 26, 2018
Not really, the people that matter, voted for the devs to take longer to produce better quality games and more content.
I'm comparing delivering better quality slowly because the devs aren't working hard to delivering better quality faster because they are working hard. Dude face before was saying they don't need to work hard because they already have $. I was correcting them on that, long term.

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
The thing is, DC put goals for how much money he wanted to deliver the best he could and hire as many people as he could manage. The goal was reached a while ago and people keep pledging more and more despite him saying he wasn't going to hire anymore people or that it'd speed up production.

He streams pretty consistently and works beyond what we see in the streams. I don't think he's being very unreasonable in what he's doing and I don't really think he's milking things. Do I think he should put more hours in or have others on his team do so? Yes, but that might also end up causing him to lose passion in the game.

What I think he should do is take the extra money he's getting and keep track of it somewhere so that he can deliver some quality taboo updates post-patreon or even save it for a jump start on his project after SS (which he said is still a few years away).

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yea, ok but at the beginning, the updates were bigger and more frequent. I was a patron to 17k, but the more they earn, the slower it gets. Well, life ...
No way dude, the updates now are bigger and the quality of the art and animation is way better, and every update he adds new minigames and stuff like that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
@TheDevian ive have finally got around to replaying this game and with the help of this mod https://f95zone.to/threads/summertimesaga-0-17-5-ikarumod-v1.5710/ its alot easier it is kinda funny though the incest patch works for most of the game but when i got to threesome part of mom and auntie they went back to being best friends :LOL:
Yeah, the better incest patch hasn't been fully updated in a while, so those newer scenes still have issues. ;) I mostly just adjusted it in my head when I read it the last few updates.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, the better incest patch hasn't been fully updated in a while, so those newer scenes still have issues. ;) I mostly just adjusted it in my head when I read it the last few updates.
I'm thinking it, you're thinking it, DC's thinking it.
It's not like we need it explicitly told to us. :sneaky:

Reactions: TheDevian

deivias

Jan 8, 2017
If i was making $51,378 a month i'd drag the development our for years as well.

Patreon is for the most part a giant scam, devs have no incentive at all to release a game in a timely manner and there are 0 repercussions for just sitting back and watching the money roll in till eventually people lose interest and then go and do it all again.

Just do what i do, don't expect a game to be finished and you won't be disappointed.

pebuma

Jan 21, 2018
If i was making $51,378 a month i'd drag the development our for years as well.

Patreon is for the most part a giant scam, devs have no incentive at all to release a game in a timely manner and there are 0 repercussions for just sitting back and watching the money roll in till eventually people lose interest and then go and do it all again.

Just do what i do, don't expect a game to be finished and you won't be disappointed.
It looks like it's coming true

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well, the game had indeed faster updates, yes, but the quality was worse in basically every way. The art wasn't as good, animations were really bad, the quests were worse, and we had stories which were split in 2 or 3 updates and thus laked content and felt a little rushed. It's worth remembering, that Jenny for example already had ~2 combined updates (0.12 just for her and partly 0.12.5/0.9/0.5) and still her story isn't that good and certainly needs a huge rework to reach Roxxy or Diane.
Teachers and Roxxy wer quality updates (as well as Aqua), I'd rather have it like that each time. Diane was technically high standard as well, but the story was rushed and partly cut. Daisy felt a bit rushed, too. So I guess, more time -- better quality. I hope they keep it that way and don't break the Jenny story too much.

No way dude, the updates now are bigger and the quality of the art and animation is way better, and every update he adds new minigames and stuff like that.
You can have split opinions regarding the minigames. He broke older ones (e.g. pizza), and the milking minigame is plain stupid imo.

I totally agree with the rest of your posting.

Do saves work for that now? I never got that far.
Just don't look at the mysterius statue in your backpack and you are fine.

Mar 21, 2018
The thing is, DC put goals for how much money he wanted to deliver the best he could and hire as many people as he could manage. The goal was reached a while ago and people keep pledging more and more despite him saying he wasn't going to hire anymore people or that it'd speed up production.

He streams pretty consistently and works beyond what we see in the streams. I don't think he's being very unreasonable in what he's doing and I don't really think he's milking things. Do I think he should put more hours in or have others on his team do so? Yes, but that might also end up causing him to lose passion in the game.

What I think he should do is take the extra money he's getting and keep track of it somewhere so that he can deliver some quality taboo updates post-patreon or even save it for a jump start on his project after SS (which he said is still a few years away).
It's what you call "The Patreon effect", when a dev starts making lots of money, they magically slow down updates. I've seen it, devs making only 100 bucks get monthly updates, then they start making 1k and the updates come out less and less.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's what you call "The Patreon effect", when a dev starts making lots of money, they magically slow down updates. I've seen it, devs making only 100 bucks get monthly updates, then they start making 1k and the updates come out less and less.
Well, in many cases it makes sense. At first frequent updates are the most important thing, so people get to know the game and thus many devs sacrifice quality/depth/etc. to push as many and as regular updates as possible to create a name for themselves. I've even seen games with bi-weekly schedules and really small updates. But once there's a base it can make sense to adjust that schedule, so it actually helps the game. Some games do well with small, monthly updates but for SS that really wasn't the case.

Last but not least it's indeed true that, depending on the game, bug testing etc. gets a lot more complicated once the game grows. Sure, if you've got a 100% linear story that isn't an issue but as soon as there's choice you'll have retest content again and again. Especially in SS most bugs/locks in the past happened in old content.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes