seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
so,returning to the endgame theories here,if any of you guys noticed,the atlas in the attic shows the coordinates for getting to Aqua's cave,anyone considered the possibility of MC's father forging his death so he could continue exploring other places?you know,like John Carter style?kinda thought on it like a joke,but now i wonder the possibility within....

Reactions: doshirak228

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, I use my imagination to turn off the notion of what I'm looking at is completely fake so I can immerse myself in the produced product I am using.
Let me try and explain. If I watch lord of the rings, or game of thrones etc. I suspend my believe in certain things and use my imagination to immerse myself in the world. If Someone suddenly appears with a machine gun in this world, it would completely break the immersion for me and the show would become unwatchable.

I can overlook certain plot holes, or subtle inconsistencies, but there is a line where if it becomes too much, I can not immerse myself anymore.

An example for myself would be the Movie "Independence day". The first part of the movie was so riveting, but then someone could suddenly device a virus to infect the alien's tech, as well as all nations being able to shoot down the Motherships like the US's remaining airforce (The best in the world barely being able to do it). So this was just about the line in the movie for me. So I could still watch it, but it was starting to break the imersion for me.

So you see it's all relative. With or without the patch Summertime's saga imersion in this one arc is becomming tough to overcome for me.

Reactions: seraphimd2

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
What incest patch are you using? I never played with one, but the one on the first page of this thread is mentioned to work not very well. There is, however, which is reported to work well.
I will try this one thanks.

Feb 7, 2018
Let me try and explain. If I watch lord of the rings, or game of thrones etc. I suspend my believe in certain things and use my imagination to immerse myself in the world. If Someone suddenly appears with a machine gun in this world, it would completely break the immersion for me and the show would become unwatchable.

I can overlook certain plot holes, or subtle inconsistencies, but there is a line where if it becomes too much, I can not immerse myself anymore.

An example for myself would be the Movie "Independence day". The first part of the movie was so riveting, but then someone could suddenly device a virus to infect the alien's tech, as well as all nations being able to shoot down the Motherships like the US's remaining airforce (The best in the world barely being able to do it). So this was just about the line in the movie for me. So I could still watch it, but it was starting to break the imersion for me.

So you see it's all relative. With or without the patch Summertime's saga imersion in this one arc is becomming tough to overcome for me.
If you can't pretend too good, that's on you big homie. It's not like the story makes much sense as it is currently written anyways.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017

well,its not like we can't relate,i remember well the time DC was picked by patreon new politics,were the biggest concern most of us(players)had was how the game would continue after they needed to rework some of the incest(a core kink at time,since most of people just voted on the DDJ)out of the game...now most of this concern is brought to us by the resemblance that most of the characters related by family ties share(still remember the name people used to call SS in 4chan,SameFace Saga)....but most of us continued playing as always simply becuz we like it,as for the newcomers,most of them seem oblivious to their original relations,even with their obvious resemblances....

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
How long ago was the latest update?
The latest dev post on patreon was 26 days ago. The last game update was Surprise Christmas Update 17.5! three months ago.

However, this is ignoring the discord and the streams where devs talks to people fairly often (daily almost) and show new content that's being worked on.

Reactions: Sync

adolfhipster

Sep 7, 2017
The latest dev post on patreon was 26 days ago. The last game update was Surprise Christmas Update 17.5! three months ago.

However, this is ignoring the discord and the streams where devs talks to people fairly often (daily almost) and show new content that's being worked on.
Alright I see, thanks for the reply my dude :)

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
well,its not like we can't relate,i remember well the time DC was picked by patreon new politics,were the biggest concern most of us(players)had was how the game would continue after they needed to rework some of the incest(a core kink at time,since most of people just voted on the DDJ)out of the game...now most of this concern is brought to us by the resemblance that most of the characters related by family ties share(still remember the name people used to call SS in 4chan,SameFace Saga)....but most of us continued playing as always simply becuz we like it,as for the newcomers,most of them seem oblivious to their original relations,even with their obvious resemblances....
Agreed. Basically, my question was if DC was still keeping the initial family ties in mind while continue writing his masterpiece or if he abandoned the idea altogether. The good news to me seemed that he is still keeping the family ties in mind when writing his new content. For me as a player it is important as that is the premise of the game when I started of playing it. This will let me endure a less then perfect incest patch, as I know the intention of the Dev is still to keep the relationships intact, even if Patreon prevents him from doing so.

I just did not want to persist with the patch if the Dev decided to abandon the family ties and continue his game on the premise that there is no relation between MC, Diane, Jenny etc. That would mean that the Patch and the Dev's story would go further and further apart, with the patch making less and less sense.

I like to play with incest patches if it was the Devs intention that here be incest in the game. As this will then be central to certain plot points that will be linked to it and would not make as much sense in the normal Patreon version.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The sex scenes with jenny were very rapey, most of them will probably gone.
I think it's not really about that. I personally think they want to remove the scene because the story will change and it won't be fitting anymore. After all it was part of this weird progression where you could only guess what to do next. I'm fairly certain that's not going to be the case anymore in her new story. Yes, DC said that the scene is a little rapey but later he mentioned that they'll possibly keep it in it's unreworked form as additional scene. So I'd guess it could be playable once Jenny's story is done, maybe.

Reactions: Ungawa

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
I think it's not really about that. I personally think they want to remove the scene because the story will change and it won't be fitting anymore. After all it was part of this weird progression where you could only guess what to do next. I'm fairly certain that's not going to be the case anymore in her new story. Yes, DC said that the scene is a little rapey but later he mentioned that they'll possibly keep it in it's unreworked form as additional scene. So I'd guess it could be playable once Jenny's story is done, maybe.
Yeah so rapey, a girl just happens to randomly lift their shirt while sleeping and also happen to scream how good it feels to fuck.

Reactions: Sync

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah so rapey, a girl just happens to randomly lift their shirt while sleeping and also happen to scream how good it feels to fuck.
The main problem of that scene has always been its context. The scene itself is and has always been fine in itself, but the fact MC basically jumps into her bed (at least the first few times) while she's asleep and without any hint that he may be invited, is certainly questionable. As said, I'd expect that context to be changed.

Fullcrum

Apr 10, 2018
The main problem of that scene has always been its context. The scene itself is and has always been fine in itself, but the fact MC basically jumps into her bed (at least the first few times) while she's asleep and without any hint that he may be invited, is certainly questionable. As said, I'd expect that context to be changed.
I do not see here, no problem. After all, MC does not force Jenny into anything.

The June situation is much more questionable when MC "steals" June from Eric telling her he is a "player".
The second very dubious situation is Helen's "programming" with the help of a nun Angelica.

Both of these scenes should be changed, if the whole is to be credible and represent MC, as a guy who gains the favor of women, mainly because he is nice and helpful. At least for me, MC is presented as someone who, by his behavior, gains the favor of women, and later uses their "gratitude." MC is not the type of alpha male who tries to get into female underpants at all costs.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thats because this scene was always done before the story writing of jenny was established as an update/patch. DC added this scene as others as ppl grew impatient of yet another girl they can watch but not fuck. In order to sell the game he simply added some fuck scenes.
Now her whole storyline will be added and changed to make her more believable and her storyline as well.
If you follow his streams you could already know the next update is jenny and should be finished in the next 7 to 14 days. According to DC.
If you don't follow his stream you and others have me and others keeping you updated :)

Reactions: BoykaBoykov
May 26, 2018
How do I install the incest patch? I downloaded it but can't extract it. Whenever I try to open the file the windows app pops up and it can't find any program to open an rpa file. Any suggestions or feedback on this problem would be very helpful and appreciated.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
How do I install the incest patch? I downloaded it but can't extract it. Whenever I try to open the file the windows app pops up and it can't find any program to open an rpa file. Any suggestions or feedback on this problem would be very helpful and appreciated.
You don't open the .rpa file. You put it in the game folder. I quote:

Download the "incestpatch.rpa" file, and move it to the "/game" directory

Quote end.

Put it there and start the game it should show the incest patch already in the main menu.

Reactions: Sladetheterminator

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I do not see here, no problem. After all, MC does not force Jenny into anything.
It's is extremely creepy at first, to say the least, which in itself would be somewhat out of character, too. As said, the story design of Jenny is pretty bad right now anyway and thus I'm happy that they'll change it. Thus this whole context will change anyway.

The June situation is much more questionable when MC "steals" June from Eric telling her he is a "player".
The second very dubious situation is Helen's "programming" with the help of a nun Angelica.
Well, Erik's/June's story will almost certainly change to that degree. DC said that he wasn't really happy with it a long time ago - though I have no idea how excatly he wants to handle it, now most/all choices will be removed. When it comes to Helen, we'll see. I'd personally not expect that her story will change a lot, but who knows.

DC added this scene as others as ppl grew impatient of yet another girl they can watch but not fuck. In order to sell the game he simply added some fuck scenes.
That could possibly be said about the sofa and telescope scene but this scene has been part of her actual story. I personally don't really care if it stays or goes. The compromise to let it stay without reworking it is probably the best they can do. They won't have to spend any time on it and still those who like it will be happy.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
That could possibly be said about the sofa and telescope scene but this scene has been part of her actual story. I personally don't really care if it stays or goes. The compromise to let it stay without reworking it is probably the best they can do. They won't have to spend any time on it and still those who like it will be happy.
I think you misunderstood me in my last post. Jenny didn't have a story until now. The whole point of the "Jenny Update" is to explain those scenes that are in the game with a story. DC always added sex scenes and afterwards explained them with a story update.
While i have to admit that thats not the best way of doing things it always has been the DC way of doing things. As far as i remember he never made a story first then added the sex scene aside from roxxy.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes