polom

Sep 14, 2017
Nope, nothing between the mother and daughter. DC already said something like this on stream irc.
Oh, i didn't said "Sexually" ^^
But with consequences, when she catch you, or something like it should happen when you choose to corrupt Mia's mother ?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Oh, i didn't said "Sexually" ^^
But with consequences, when she catch you, or something like it should happen when you choose to corrupt Mia's mother ?
Well, DC usually doesn't spoiler such details, so we don't really know yet. But the overall tendency in recent updates is to have less choice and thus less consequences. Those kind of things don't really go down well with many players and DC seems to adapt to that demand - sadly. So I personally wouldn't expect too much.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Because when you can earn 50K a month and unlike a real job that requires work output and deadlines, there is no incentive to actually get it done in a timely fashion..thats why it's taken so long.
Except, that's not the case, we've gone over this quite a few times in the last 10 pages, and

Reactions: seraphimd2

Blowfly

Mar 10, 2018
As far as I see, this are just some sample images and not a complete mod. If I remember correctly, OP had opened some threads on that topic in a very short time, and they all got nuked by forum mods. The actual mod (as far as it got back then) had been lost because of that, or at least I do no longer find it.
ok i got the hair mod to work don't know what i did but it's work in parts lol

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Because when you can earn 50K a month and unlike a real job that requires work output and deadlines, there is no incentive to actually get it done in a timely fashion..thats why it's taken so long.
Why in the world would you give one single hot shit? Patreon is literally people donating money to him. It's not a budget, it's not an advance against royalties, or anything like that. It's not a development fund. It is literally people giving him money because they like what he does, and rolled into that is being down with how he does it.

I don't care that he has zero accountability or incentive, beyond his own creative impulses. I hope he takes the money and buys a super practical Ferrari.

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Why in the world would you give one single hot shit? Patreon is literally people donating money to him. It's not a budget, it's not an advance against royalties, or anything like that. It's not a development fund. It is literally people giving him money because they like what he does, and rolled into that is being down with how he does it.

I don't care that he has zero accountability or incentive, beyond his own creative impulses. I hope he takes the money and buys a super practical Ferrari.
OH. MY. GOD. This is proof that I am not the only person alive who thinks this way. Someone who understands what artistic Patronage actually means! I mean, so many people whining about someone else's paycheck that they EARNED. I was taught you never worry about the next man's wallet, just go out and get your own.

Reactions: llong0415 and Sync

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Except, that's not the case, we've gone over this quite a few times in the last 10 pages, and
and it will be repeated again,and again,and again and again(just like that old advertisement about some batteries),probably until this game gets finally finished

Jul 28, 2017

True, until the game doesnt get made because the arse falls out of the patreon base.

You think he'll work forever no money? theres a fine line between no accountability and no income no product.

How many patreon games have died on the backend of burnout and lack of funding?

You hope he buys a ferarri, I hope he does too, and makes a stellar product. But if he takes forever to make it and the patreons crack it and leave, then well no product, no ferarri.

Your argument couldn't be more wrong, it is an advance, it is a budget, it is a development fund, he uses the money to fund his life, and part of that life is making this game, if no money comes in he goes back to his 9 to 5 and the game ends.

The fact the words used are tip jar is completely false and quite naive, people want to create and make good things (like this game) but without funding they are not made, plenty of great potential games have gone by the wayside without funding.

Unfortunately with patreon there are no checks and balances, and the people who make the most often out turn the least until their income base collapses, and then nothing is made.

Heres a deal, based upon the number of theoretical updates and just how long they are taking to make, how long do you think this development of the game will take?

Eve.
Main story.
Roxxy update
Dating
Eric update
Mia update
Judith and the latinos
Rhonda update.

How long do you think the patreon base will sustain this? and I assume you're not a patreon support. And I am.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
He started without funding and delivered a demo with two-frame-animations. Now he has money and can take his time to re-work on them. As long as we get a good game I don't care much how long he takes. This is already one of the three best games (in this genre) I know, even now.

Jul 28, 2017
Oh come one. they all start without funding. As long as we get a good game I dont...... wait you want me to "personally" keep funding this? no no, I want others to fund this, but he can take his time, for art. and because it's someone else funding. wait the game stopped because the patreons left? man, that sucks, i wish that these devs wouldn't bail out of games.......sorry, just looking at your post a year from now.

Jul 28, 2017
@MWeb, the game is not free, as said before. My genuine concern is if I quit my support and so does the majority of the fan base, due to poor return on patronage, then the game will never be made.

Is the game free? so the 50K this guy earns a month, that means nothing to the continued production of the game?

Hypothetical. patreon, stops tomorrow. whats the chance that 0.19 (eve) gets released?

Why did BB stop? (a game that trends higher than this). because Patreon stopped the money (had to change the game).

Every game is free on this website, whats your actual point?

Im talking about patrons not paying money to continue the game that ends up here for free.

Teiky

Jun 24, 2017
@MWeb, the game is not free, as said before. My genuine concern is if I quit my support and so does the majority of the fan base, due to poor return on patronage, then the game will never be made.

Is the game free? so the 50K this guy earns a month, that means nothing to the continued production of the game?

Hypothetical. patreon, stops tomorrow. whats the chance that 0.19 (eve) gets released?

Why did BB stop? (a game that trends higher than this). because Patreon stopped the money (had to change the game).

Im talking about patrons not paying money to continue the game that ends up here for free.
the difference between SS and BB is the dev interaction with the community. silver was a dickhead whereas dc actually have friendly interactions with his patrons and fans. DC has never demanded money EVER and the surge in his patrons is due to how friendly his dev is on top of how good the game is. does it need better management? yes. DC acknowledged this. this is not new information. if Patreon stops working I'm sure there is an alternative that dc can use. why not use an alternative now? this is because if it's not broken don't fix it. dc has lots of patrons on Patreon already, moving to an alternative will be inconvenient for the majority of his supporter because THEY have to sign up for a completely new site.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
DC said so many times that he'll finish the game, no matter what - even if had to be part time again. And that said, it's pretty unlikely that he'll "ever" fall below a somewhat substainable sum of money. Sure, right now the game probably does indeed make "too much" money and something close to 30k would likely be more fitting. But that's certainly not DC's problem and nobody should feel pressured to pledge. Actually it's excatly the opposite in this case. If you like something, give a couple of bucks a year and the game will be fine and finished.

But I can certainly understand that DC wants to work on the game his way. In a small an trusted team and on his schedule. That's actually a far better way to prevent burnouts, than forcing him to grow the whole thing against his will - and that's specially true for a second artists. People just have to be patient. I'm personally pledging 20 to 25 bucks a year and thus I don't really care if he finishes the game in 2 or 4 years - as long as the content is great and as long as DC is working I have really no reason to doubt him.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016

Every game is not free. Their patreon leaks here. However, developer of SS release his game publicly himself.
Prove your point then, stop your support and let's see if he is gonna become like BB. (Btw, BB is abandoned because of incest content, i don't know why you are comparing them.. 2 different story)
Everyone needs money. He need to live. He has a family. Your examples are pointless.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Every game is not free. Their patreon leaks here. However, developer of SS release his game publicly himself.
Prove your point then, stop your support and let's see if he is gonna become like BB. (Btw, BB is abandoned because of incest content, i don't know why you are comparing them.. 2 different story)
Everyone needs money. He need to live. He has a family. Your examples are pointless.
@j4yj4m
so i was right the 62 additional comments since i played last month were about people crying about the release date

i have no idea why some people are doing this and not playing other games while they wait and some people think that if they stop supporting a game developer it will doom the whole game

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017

As others have mentioned, you really need to pay attention to how developers interact with the community they create.

Adult gaming is a small niche with a few volatile actors. Some are more stable than others. DC has been stable with his growth for the most part in allowing for free updates and free communication on the platforms he chooses. BB stopping is his own thing. I think I've played one or two games of his and IIRC, the games are good but very complex undertakings with VA and everything.

If Patrons don't get their money's worth, they move elsewhere. Simple as that. But with DC specifically, he listens to the community, gives them a vote, improves on talking to them openly, and allows for discretion in how the story branches from here.

So stop thinking about hypotheticals. Focus on the reality in front of you. So long as DC communicates well, he has Patron support. Simple as that.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes