mooncan

Oct 2, 2018
The reason why SS gets the most backing has very little to do with the update frequency or amount of content delivered, those are a nuisance people put up with because of what actually is being delivered. Key word - Quality.
The hell are you talking about?

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Whatever it is, after the update came out, there'll excuses and apologies post and follow up with the "it will get faster in the next update" all over again,
… Deja vu
I've just been in this place before.
Maybe DC will, maybe DC won't write an apology to appease his patrons - However, as I've said before and gonna say again, I am at this point honestly worried about the scope of each single update. While it's true that he delivers high quality work, the size of each update increases drastically. While that means more content on each release (yay), it also means longer development cycles and a heavier workload. Instead of doing smaller chunks, they set the scope too big and try to put it a singular update. While that doesn't affect the amount of worktime that goes into the game as a whole (since it's planned to be in one way or the other), trying to cram in as much as you can while on a schedule will either end with the update taking absolutely forever, or it dropping in quality to make it quicker: Both results I wouldn't be too fond of; And with the Eve update being "the biggest one yet", I'm worried that the goodwill his quality work provided him with will eventually run out and people starting to really get pissed.

The stuff going on here is just as bad as what is being commented on his patreon every day. People are dicks everywhere on the internet, so that at least stays true.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The stuff going on here is just as bad as what is being commented on his patreon every day. People are dicks everywhere on the internet, so that at least stays true.
To be fair, anybody can comment an patreon, even those who aren't patreons. So in that regard patreon indeed isn't any different compared to this forum.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
The hell are you talking about?
Simple facts. Comparing SS to any other game in the adult genre, including hentai titles from established studios, SS has a unique feel and look, quality that stands head and shoulders above any title in the genre and despite slow updates, a definite positive progression in overall quality when it comes to art and mechanics. I "invest" in SS and DC not only for SS, but to support him in his next project as well. :)

Reactions: Souyusha and petur

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Maybe DC will, maybe DC won't write an apology to appease his patrons - However, as I've said before and gonna say again, I am at this point honestly worried about the scope of each single update. While it's true that he delivers high quality work, the size of each update increases drastically. While that means more content on each release (yay), it also means longer development cycles and a heavier workload. Instead of doing smaller chunks, they set the scope too big and try to put it a singular update. While that doesn't affect the amount of worktime that goes into the game as a whole (since it's planned to be in one way or the other), trying to cram in as much as you can while on a schedule will either end with the update taking absolutely forever, or it dropping in quality to make it quicker: Both results I wouldn't be too fond of; And with the Eve update being "the biggest one yet", I'm worried that the goodwill his quality work provided him with will eventually run out and people starting to really get pissed.

The thing is the Patreons were the ones that decided that it should be that way. Big full updates or small in chunk updates and they voted for big ones.

Reactions: petur and Pr0man

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
The thing is the Patreons were the ones that decided that it should be that way. Big full updates or small in chunk updates and they voted for big ones.
Which - in turn - makes the fact that there's a lot of complaints going on on the patreon comments even worse I'd say.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
I don't have the sucking tendencies most men seem to have with their fascination with breasts, kinda grew out of those by the time I was weened off of breast feeding, so not sucking DC's dick either. :D Just telling it straight why DC makes the bucks he does, if you don't like it tough shit, them numbers don't lie. ;)
Gonna Only Emphasize on the Breast Fascination! 290572

• Haha
Reactions: JKH18

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
I have this theory that the reason why Eve's is gonna be the longest. Is because she is the trap and at the same time, she isn't.

You get the option if homosexual content is ok with you and if you check yes, you get scenes with Steve. While chosing no, still gives you scenes with a fully female Eve.

Reactions: dirgetka

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Which - in turn - makes the fact that there's a lot of complaints going on on the patreon comments even worse I'd say.
Might be that a few of those are new patreons that jumped on the whole thing after the Roxxy update and weren't part of the group that voted back then.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
I have this theory that the reason why Eve's is gonna be the longest. Is because she is the trap and at the same time, she isn't.

You get the option if homosexual content is ok with you and if you check yes, you get scenes with Steve. While chosing no, still gives you scenes with a fully female Eve.
Honestly can't see the whole "trap" thing happening, since DC already removed the Jenny sleepfucking scene as "rapey". "Trap" isn't exactly acceptable term or a scenario either these days.

Reactions: tankdick

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Might be that a few of those are new patreons that jumped on the whole thing after the Roxxy update and weren't part of the group that voted back then.
Who knows. His patron numbers are steadily increasing. I posted a number yesterday and it's already up by ten or twenty, today.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017

That was my theory too, after Sploosh(?) said that giving the reason for Eve's update being so large would be 'spoilery'

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Depends on your definition of "a lot of complaints".

He currently has 17391 Patrons. Under his latest Patreon post are 607 comments. Assuming every single one is a complaint from one single person without repetition, that's ~3,5% of Patrons. Let's be generous and add all comments from his last 5 posts (607+315+15(higher tier Patrons only)+248+73(Patrons only)), that's 1258 potential complainers. If every single one were a unique Patron, that would be ~7,3%.
In both cases over 90% of Patrons aren't complaining.

Just because the vocal part of the community is complaining, doesn't mean it represents the general Patreon population.

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Depends on your definition of "a lot of complaints".

He currently has 17391 Patrons. Under his latest Patreon post are 607 comments. Assuming every single one is a complaint from one single person without repetition, that's ~3,5% of Patrons. Let's be generous and add all comments from his last 5 posts (607+315+15(higher tier Patrons only)+248+73(Patrons only)), that's 1258 potential complainers. If every single one were a unique Patron, that would be ~7,3%.
In both cases over 90% of Patrons aren't complaining.

Just because the vocal part of the community is complaining, doesn't mean it represents the general Patreon population.
THIS. Anyone who does any sort of business at all knows that very few people will leave comments or reviews saying how much they enjoy so.ething, but everyone with the slightest issue wants to write a negative review exaggerating that issue. The better the product or service, the more people who use it, and thus the more negative reviews. Those negative review do not reflect the overall opinion of the mass of the customer base, however. Not even close.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And that doesn't even account for the fact that you can comment without being a paying patreon. All you need is an account and you can write as much as you like.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
That was my theory too, after Sploosh(?) said that giving the reason for Eve's update being so large would be 'spoilery'
I'm leaning towards Eve being a transgender/futa option. A choice you make early in her line will dictate which story path you take with her. One path, she's full-blown female. The other path, she's actually a guy or straight up futa.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
I'm leaning towards Eve being a transgender/futa option. A choice you make early in her line will dictate which story path you take with her. One path, she's full-blown female. The other path, she's actually a guy or straight up futa.
They already confirmed who ever the trap is trans

Reactions: Page_Turner
4.20 star(s) 337 Votes