DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
I'd simply argue that on a case-by-case basis. If a dev promises early acces for a comparatively high sum of money and basically "sells" the game on patreon, as most devs do, my expectation is different compared to a dev, who releases the game for free and and where pledging is optional, as in this case. In the first case I've basically purchased something and want the reward which I was promised, while in the second case it's not much more than a tip, including some rewards which aren't related to the game, in this case.

And yes, I fully understand that other viewpoint and a certain frustration, but I'd still suggest to relax if that increase in speed doesn't happen. In that case the best reaction is likely to pull the pledge or to pledge as much as one thinks the game is worth and enjoy it for free until one thinks it's worth giving something again.
Okay, I can get behind that to a large extent.

I'm not particularly concerned with the release speed. I still think it could/should be better, but I have never pledged to DC and don't follow him regularly. Summertime Saga is one of those games that are on my list and that I play, but that I only check on once in a while to see if something new has happened.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

kaos1987

May 19, 2017
Okay, I can get behind that to a large extent.

I'm not particularly concerned with the release speed. I still think it could/should be better, but I have never pledged to DC and don't follow him regularly. Summertime Saga is one of those games that are on my list and that I play, but that I only check on once in a while to see if something new has happened.
I agree on the release speed point, although until my finances got tight in the middle of last year I did pledge to DC. as j4yj4m said though, the pledge was more of a tip for good work done in the past not as a payment for the next update and I think that's how DC has been able to keep a large amount of followers with such a sparse and sporadic release calendar.

moronicLaconic

Jul 28, 2017
Hey guys. Im playing on a mac and want to install the 'save except Diane's story, where do i place the save file? I've been using quite a while trying to figure it out. Help is appreciated!
If you haven't solved this yet, place the save in ~/Library/RenPy/Summertime Saga.

The Library folder is hidden by default in macOS. With Finder as your active application you can press Shift+Command+G and paste the directory above into the Go field or unhide hidden directories by pressing Shift+Command+.(Period) and find it directly from your home directory. You can press it again to re-hide hidden directories when you're done.

Stay Frosty

Jul 17, 2017
It doesn't help the progress if you guys disscus about "why the art takes so long".
Only Way to speed up the progress FIND HIM A GOOD ARTIST.
Or recommend him MelkorMancin cause he draws fanstatic similar Art like DC
View attachment 263457
Very impressive, but doesn't look like DC's art. Game's that have hand-drawn art needs to be consistent. Those with OCD like me would find the game unplayable if characters don't have the same art style. Just my opinion tho.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
It doesn't help the progress if you guys disscus about "why the art takes so long".
Again... This has been explained on the last page... If you want to recommend Melkor or any other eHentai, Patreon, or other artist, you have to make it worth their while. That means that if you want them employed, they have to get something to increase their Patreon. That won't be a viable alternative for DC. You're just going to have them compete against each other.

Let's take MM here and say he comes over to the DC team. How do you think that will work out? What happens to MM's projects?

It might make DC's work faster, but MM's will be far slower and his Patrons will be pissed. Will you accept this tradeoff for him or any other artist who DC might be interested in utilizing?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Those with OCD like me would find the game unplayable if characters don't have the same art style. Just my opinion tho.
Yes, same here, though I'd say you won't have to worry about that. Quite some time ago DC showed some works which he got from applicants and corrected one which looked pretty good/close on stream (MC fucking a new girl in a new forest location) - and he still wanted to change a lot. So I'm sure that what ever we'd get (or not) would be on point.

mayfly

Jun 25, 2017
Iirc, DC did put out a job posting for an art or production assistant months back. Not sure what came of it.

Edit: Whoa, went through my patreon messages and found this around Aug. 2017:

New Dev position available!
We need a 2D Generalist, or a 2D Animator, or someone who can do both!

Though I still don't know if there was a follow up to that.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Iirc, DC did put out a job posting for an art or production assistant months back. Not sure what came of it.

Edit: Whoa, went through my patreon messages and found this around Aug. 2017:

New Dev position available!
We need a 2D Generalist, or a 2D Animator, or someone who can do both!

Though I still don't know if there was a follow up to that.
As far as I'm aware that's when DC got into contact with who is doing all those new animations now. He's not offically part of the team though but works on a freelance basis.

May 6, 2017
Not sure if it's a wise decision to start "why so looong" dicussion, buuuut

I noticed that this game is the most real game amongst adult games. There is sorta open-world, many characters you can interact with, good and funny dialogue.

It's all takes time, and i much rather enjoy this type of experience than "press X to fuck" type of linear shit.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
View attachment 263457
He's busy with his own stuff. Also I'm not confident he can replicate DC's art very well which is the crux of the issue and let's say he'd be hired and, like I said, he also has his own stuff to draw then I doubt the time it would save to draw would be that much different from now because he can't commit full time to the project.

rockd

Jul 31, 2017
Not sure if it's a wise decision to start "why so looong" dicussion, buuuut

I noticed that this game is the most real game amongst adult games. There is sorta open-world, many characters you can interact with, good and funny dialogue.

It's all takes time, and i much rather enjoy this type of experience than "press X to fuck" type of linear shit.
That is certainly true. It has one of the best realized worlds of any game on this website. Still kind of crazy how far this game has come. It is now making 50k a month with 17k patrons. There are certain things that are regrettable like the update speed and size, but it does not make any less of a really good game. I kinda wish the developer would invest more financial resources into the game, but as long as there is no second artist development times will not improve. I also can't blame them for enjoying the success of the game. Definitely better work morale then many other devs out there. Just look at Monster Girl Island for example. Such a waste of money and potential.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
The game has been on here since August 2016. So about 30 months of development. The longest I could see a game being in development would be about 5 years, or 60 months. Of course, I'd expect zero bugs and zero unfinished storylines if someone actually took people's money for 5 years to complete a game.

Reactions: Mastershake

BoykaBoykov

Feb 2, 2018
I'm gonna try to search on DeviantArt for a new Artist to help DC with Art.

Which Site can you guys recommend that is similar to DeviantArt ?

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes