Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
The game has been on here since August 2016. So about 30 months of development. The longest I could see a game being in development would be about 5 years, or 60 months. Of course, I'd expect zero bugs and zero unfinished storylines if someone actually took people's money for 5 years to complete a game.
Anthem is a AAA title that was recently released and panned after being in development for six years.

Warframe is a Free to Play game that is in the same genre and has been developed in the same six years.

Both have bugs up the wazoo.

Your expectations are incredibly unrealistic.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Anthem is a AAA title that was recently released and panned after being in development for six years.

Warframe is a Free to Play game that is in the same genre and has been developed in the same six years.

Both have bugs up the wazoo.

Your expectations are incredibly unrealistic.
To be blunt, these games generally are not as technically complicated as the average AAA game. And I'm not aware of any games in ultralong dev cycles released with major unfinished storylines. A few minor bugs might be fine, but at some point I'd expect a completed game.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
To be blunt, these games generally are not as technically complicated as the average AAA game. And I'm not aware of any games in ultralong dev cycles released with major unfinished storylines. A few minor bugs might be fine, but at some point I'd expect a completed game.
In regards to other adult games, it's impossible to merely think that NO bugs will ever be a part of a game. If you're making a clicker, you might find code that puts the timer too fast so people get money too quickly. Likewise, bugs come in all shapes and sizes depending on what you make and how you make it while you work on spaghetti code.

My point is that it's incredibly unrealistic to think that bugs won't be a part of a game. It's also unrealistic to think that any game is going to meet high expectations that push it to the stratosphere.

Just bring it down a bit. I don't know when this game will be done or how many people it'll be expanded or whatever. We'll just have to see what comes up as it goes.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
In regards to other adult games, it's impossible to merely think that NO bugs will ever be a part of a game. If you're making a clicker, you might find code that puts the timer too fast so people get money too quickly. Likewise, bugs come in all shapes and sizes depending on what you make and how you make it while you work on spaghetti code.

My point is that it's incredibly unrealistic to think that bugs won't be a part of a game. It's also unrealistic to think that any game is going to meet high expectations that push it to the stratosphere.

Just bring it down a bit. I don't know when this game will be done or how many people it'll be expanded or whatever. We'll just have to see what comes up as it goes.
I get it. I'm just saying a game is "finished" when the major storylines are completed, de minimis.

Aug 28, 2018
Also I'm not confident he can replicate DC's art very well
I dont think there would be a problem with replicating DC´s art. Its not like his art is bad but its really simple. Im pretty sure most artists would have no problem copying his art after a few hours of practice..

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I dont think there would be a problem with replicating DC´s art. Its not like his art is bad but its really simple. Im pretty sure most artists would have no problem copying his art after a few hours of practice..
It's easier to copy 3d character model art, and even that's not particularly easy. I'm pretty sure there'd be noticeable differences.

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Please, does anyone know in which file and / or folder is: "persistent.enable_save_locking", quoted in the changelog? I looked in the files of the common folder but I did not find ... any tips? Thank you.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Please, does anyone know in which file and / or folder is: "persistent.enable_save_locking", quoted in the changelog? I looked in the files of the common folder but I did not find ... any tips? Thank you.

Reactions: Ruodger

Farizz

Jan 21, 2019
Can someone tell me how to get diane's quest..and impregnate her? Still breasfeed , thanks in advance

highlander00

May 15, 2017
Can someone tell me how to get diane's quest..and impregnate her? Still breasfeed , thanks in advance
This was on the OP:
OLD SAVES DON'T WORK, START A NEW GAME
You can start playing the new content immediately from a new game

DO NOT ASK GAMEPLAY QUESTION IN THIS THREAD!
USE:

Along with this:

Reactions: Farizz

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
They will add more tasks to the update bar. DC said they want to add 2 more scenes into the next update. That means there will be more art and posing. And might be more bugs to fix. It will go up and down for some time.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Very impressive, but doesn't look like DC's art. Game's that have hand-drawn art needs to be consistent. Those with OCD like me would find the game unplayable if characters don't have the same art style. Just my opinion tho.

Indeed. One of the drawbacks of the Opala series, imo. It probably has a dozen artists per region you choose (Eastern or Western style art) so characters in one scene look really different than characters in another scene.

That is one benefit of the 3DCG Ren'py games. At least the look is uniform, if a little reused. Then again, it's much harder to draw unique frames for every scene and make them look good over posing a pre-made 3D model in a pre-made environment.

Again... This has been explained on the last page... If you want to recommend Melkor or any other eHentai, Patreon, or other artist, you have to make it worth their while. That means that if you want them employed, they have to get something to increase their Patreon. That won't be a viable alternative for DC. You're just going to have them compete against each other.

Let's take MM here and say he comes over to the DC team. How do you think that will work out? What happens to MM's projects?

It might make DC's work faster, but MM's will be far slower and his Patrons will be pissed. Will you accept this tradeoff for him or any other artist who DC might be interested in utilizing?
If I had to pick someone, it'd probably be Akabur. His art style more closely resembles DC's stuff and the progress on his stuff is real slow already. Actually, I'm not sure if he's still actively working on content or not.

Reactions: Stay Frosty

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
If I had to pick someone, it'd probably be Akabur. His art style more closely resembles DC's stuff and the progress on his stuff is real slow already. Actually, I'm not sure if he's still actively working on content or not.
Akabur is notoriously slow too. The main point that I'm making is that you need a LOT of money to get an artist to do this if they already have established communities and Patreons or whatnot.

When they're new, you have to train them to do what you do. That's a time constraint as you teach them. So do you go with established artists for more money or new artists and "convert" them?

That's what DC is facing in a nutshell. So pick an artist and make this comparison for yourself. This is the gist of what DC is working with in this space.

Reactions: unknown78
4.20 star(s) 337 Votes