Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Did you learn nothing from the last update? I'd peg it at least two to three weeks away. They've gotta get it square in the middle of June so they can keep the patreon count up from this month and use it to convince people to donate more for July.
No they don't. When their patreon count doesn't change significantly with no content release for months, why would it matter now after a release?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Did you learn nothing from the last update? I'd peg it at least two to three weeks away. They've gotta get it square in the middle of June so they can keep the patreon count up from this month and use it to convince people to donate more for July.
It wouldn't surprise me if it took at least 2 more weeks for them to release the update. But it doesn't really matter when they release it, they have more patrons than ever and the last 2 updates were kinda shitty. If that didn't make people stop supporting the project nothing will.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
It wouldn't surprise me if it took at least 2 more weeks for them to release the update. But it doesn't really matter when they release it, they have more patrons than ever and the last 2 updates were kinda shitty. If that didn't make people stop supporting the project nothing will.
I ask anybody whos anybody to try and say a game like this is not as good... its got waaaay more put into it and from a perspective who see whats going on business wise... will probably put more games out after or before it finishes since the cash flow and support has not wavered but increased from last two months. it certainly shows a good outlook on future games as with any dev team.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
No they don't. When their patreon count doesn't change significantly with no content release for months, why would it matter now after a release?
Because it's par for the course. Do whatever you can to keep the flock donating, and the best way to do that is to place releases strategically. Mid month is the best point in time to do it as it encourages people to keep throwing their coins into the beggar's can. Release it too early and some will drop saying they got what they wanted and are tired of putting money in, release it too late and some people who were thinking of donating won't do it until the next month. It's all about sweet spots, and only a naive fool thinks otherwise.

Reactions: mecha_froggy

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Booted up the game again to take a screenshot, typed in the command again and it worked. o_O

I have no idea what I did wrong the first time. I guess I misspelled a word? ...repeatedly...
If you want to find out -- there is a command history in console. Press Arrow-Up repeatedly to see what you typed earlier. Works even after you re-start the game.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I dont think is hate, DC have two problems: communication about the path and time
There's no right way to be honest. DC is after all one of the most transparent devs out there and provides several trackers to see the progress in detail. That again leads people to complain about those details which they don't even get from other devs. If he'd remove those trackers and post "10 line bi-weekly updates" in which he'd basically say nothing substancial and show a meaningless spoiler, he'd probably please more people but it's certainly less honest in the end.

Because it's par for the course. Do whatever you can to keep the flock donating, and the best way to do that is to place releases strategically. Mid month is the best point in time to do it as it encourages people to keep throwing their coins into the beggar's can. Release it too early and some will drop saying they got what they wanted and are tired of putting money in, release it too late and some people who were thinking of donating won't do it until the next month. It's all about sweet spots, and only a naive fool thinks otherwise.
I honestly think we are pretty much past that point by now. After all, the game is basically free and by now so popular that one can find if everywhere over the internet right after the release anyway. The number of people who drag along even though they aren't satisfied is probably not that big. Especially if one considers that it's just $1 to play right away and not $20 to $25 like for most other games. I mean, sure we can argue the worth of one buck but many patreons probably couldn't care less and simply pay when ever there's an release. So if you aren't happy you either pay nothing or $1 per release...

In the end DC makes a good part of his money by people who pay so little that they probably don't even notice.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
Since it has been about two weeks since the last posting of the dev tracker (see here), I thought it would be time to post an update.
current dev tracker
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Only 5 tasks left, let's hope the release isn't that far from the horizon.
The GFE is something that hookers usually offer. Why do I get the feeling we'll be paying Jenny to be nice to us?

• Haha
Reactions: mecha_froggy

PureChaosX

May 30, 2018
Anyone receiving a crash during the breastfeeding scene with Diane? The error is linked to this particular file:
diane_body_b_hay_feeding_nightgown1.png... File Not Found.

I seem to be missing the entire "characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_nightgown1.png" folder that contains these images. Or is the folder stored elsewhere?

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
Guys, can i use Lain's mod and Naughty mod together?
Probably not. Both mods have new scenes (/new options in existing scenes) in them, right? If so then the files will likely overwrite each other and either:

a) give you only the second mod you installed; or

b) overwrite some but not all of the files, meaning sections of code are incompatible with each other, breaking the game.

Thinking about it, b) is more probable. If you're gonna try it, I highly recommend making a backup of your unmodded version first

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Anyone receiving a crash during the breastfeeding scene with Diane? The error is linked to this particular file:
diane_body_b_hay_feeding_nightgown1.png... File Not Found.

I seem to be missing the entire "characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_nightgown1.png" folder that contains these images. Or is the folder stored elsewhere?

'characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_nightgown1.png' is a file, that is missing in folder 'characters/diane/layeredimage'. You have that folder, otherwise not much would be working at all for diane. It's packed inside the .rpa files.

However, this bug is not so simple. They messed up the daytime, default image and Diane state machine. Depending on time of day and the configured outfit, the game constructs file names to look for. It should simply not happen that Diane is in a state that she wears the nightgown in the barn, therefore it is not the missing file but the wrong state.

I tried to clean that up a bit in my mod. You may want to see if it is fixing it for you. If the error is still there, attach a safegame here and I will see if I can fix it.

PureChaosX

May 30, 2018
'characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_nightgown1.png' is a file, that is missing in folder 'characters/diane/layeredimage'. You have that folder, otherwise not much would be working at all for diane. It's packed inside the .rpa files.

However, this bug is not so simple. They messed up the daytime, default image and Diane state machine. Depending on time of day and the configured outfit, the game constructs file names to look for. It should simply not happen that Diane is in a state that she wears the nightgown in the barn, therefore it is not the missing file but the wrong state.

I tried to clean that up a bit in my mod. You may want to see if it is fixing it for you. If the error is still there, attach a safegame here and I will see if I can fix it.
Well that explains why I cannot find the files/folders then. I did indeed try your Naughty Tribute Mod but unfortunately the crash still occurs at the same point in the game.

So I have attached a save game right before it happens. Just go to Diane's house and select "breastfeed" ...it'll crash a few dialogues in. Thanks.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes