Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Darkcookie update on the stream:

"Working towards a partial tech update release in the near future"

This looks as the best solution.
I was going to say that someone posted his twitter message saying there was no stream today and was going to call your bluff. However, while there was no stream today, it does show him sharing a message in the Picarto chat:
1713986316798.png
Still, everyone should take this with a grain of salt... "near" is relative (hungry fans could think this means weeks while it is going to be longer than that) and DarkCookie is terrible at estimating workload requirements (do we need to remember that he initially thought it would only take a few months when he first pitched the idea of the tech update as a poll, whether to do it before or after the R(h)onda update?). I still wouldn't hold my breath for even a partial tech update release this year.

Hykarius

Aug 16, 2020
I was going to say that someone posted his twitter message saying there was no stream today and was going to call your bluff. However, while there was no stream today, it does show him sharing a message in the Picarto chat:
View attachment 3571235
Still, everyone should take this with a grain of salt... "near" is relative (hungry fans could think this means weeks while it is going to be longer than that) and DarkCookie is terrible at estimating workload requirements (do we need to remember that he initially thought it would only take a few months when he first pitched the idea of the tech update as a poll, whether to do it before or after the R(h)onda update?). I still wouldn't hold my breath for even a partial tech update release this year.
Of course it is going to be questioned immediately. Please dont drag me into it. I only posted what was posted there. I think they are trying to work on it as much as they can. DarkCookie done a lot of streams with a lot of cool drawings. I recommend to check that out.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Darkcookie update on the stream:

"Working towards a partial tech update release in the near future"

This looks as the best solution.
I guess it depends on what he means by that and what's going to be included. Objectively it would make sense to release the tech update without all of the old non-rig-system art and to move forward from there on. Then again, it would exclude a lot of content - unless DC has reworked more assets behind the scenes than one would have thought.

Last but not least, it'll be interesting to see if those people who claim the tech update was pure vaporware and say that DC is never going to release another update are going to complain about the lack of content (of the update they said would never happen) anyway.

Last edited:

Hykarius

Aug 16, 2020
I guess it depends on what he means by that and what's going to be included. Objectively it would make sense to release the tech update without all of the old non-rig-system art and to move forward from there on. Then again, it would exclude a lot of content - unless DC has reworked more assets behind the scenes than one would have thought.

Last but not least, it'll be interesting to see if those people who claim the tech update was pure vaporware and say that DC is never going to release another update are going to complain about the lack of content (of the update they said would never happen) anyway.
He mentioned some secret updates as a possibility. Of course we will see, nothing is certain at the moment. I think he decided to move with the partial relase, because he see how much work his team has with it. And he and the team are aware of the loong time it takes already.

Belzaboo

Oct 8, 2017
It would be very on the nose, but we could have an update just before the game's marked as Abandoned. It would also coincide with the monthly update and wallpaper showing he usually does, too.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
He mentioned some secret updates as a possibility
Not in today's chat, he didn't. That was someone else making a prediction.
1713993701535.png
It would be very on the nose, but we could have an update just before the game's marked as Abandoned. It would also coincide with the monthly update and wallpaper showing he usually does, too.
laugh-laughing.gif

Reactions: MisterMeh

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
Well well well this flips the narrative that the abandoned tag has no affect on DC. The timing is to close to be a coincidence. Happened elsewhere just like this before. Making it even more unlikely to be just chance.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well well well this flips the narrative that the abandoned tag has no affect on DC. The timing is to close to be a coincidence. Happened elsewhere just like this before. Making it even more unlikely to be just chance.
It does no such thing. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Are you honestly saying you expect a partial release in 6 days in order to avoid a flag on F95? Honestly? Pass the hookah my way, I want some of what you're smoking.

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
It does no such thing. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Are you honestly saying you expect a partial release in 6 days in order to avoid a flag on F95? Honestly? Pass the hookah my way, I want some of what you're smoking.
No I am not going that far yet;)
All I am saying for now is that this latest development seems prompted by the closing deadline. There was nothing of this sort for a long time once his subs stabilised, just a steady pattern of wallpapers etc. Now this change is upcoming and we get this 'upcoming partial release'
I actually wasn't expecting any sort of reaction so soon, so this was a pleasant surprise. I was buying the narrative that he was too big to care about such things.

Reactions: MurkyTurtle

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
he was too big to care about such things
Summertime Saga is. The "closing deadline" is 6 days away. If DC actually cared about the flag or F95 - then there would have been a partial update before now. What is telling that by him stating they may be working on a partial tech update means that the full tech update is even longer down the line than what a lot of us even joked about. And that means R(h)onda's update is even farther down the line, unless he changes his mind.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes