Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
You need to read this in this way "You are not going to get any update this year."
Eve's update will come out this year, assuming that jenny's update comes out this month, DC has 8 months to finish eve's. And he will probably release a smaller update around christmas time like last year.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

troybecks

Jan 9, 2018
Eve's update will come out this year, assuming that jenny's update comes out this month, DC has 8 months to finish eve's. And he will probably release a smaller update around Christmas time like last year.
I am playing this game for long time and as the time progresses the time they are taking for each update is quite a large. Current version which is supposedly is almost done for last 4 days took almost 5 months(that too for no new content). 0.17 took 4 months. 0.16 took 3 months. So if you see the pattern I am pretty sure we are going get lame ass Christmas special after this update. I am just curious how can people who are actually paying can be this patient. I have seen few developers who does provide good amount of content and that too in promised time, DC has good amount of people working for him, still I am not understanding the issue(Please request to people who are going to defend DC after reading this. If you dont agree with my opinion, you are free to ignore it, before telling me not to play this game. This is public forum where I can put my thoughts. I work in same industry and I know we can deliver what is promised without bugs in given time frame.)

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I am playing this game for long time and as the time progresses the time they are taking for each update is quite a large. Current version which is supposedly is almost done for last 4 days took almost 5 months(that too for no new content). 0.17 took 4 months. 0.16 took 3 months. So if you see the pattern I am pretty sure we are going get lame ass Christmas special after this update. I am just curious how can people who are actually paying can be this patient.
Well if you count from the last update they released which was in december, it has been 4 months. But I get why people don't mention that update because it added like 15 min of gameplay and the sex scene we got was basically a rework of diane's. I think it will come down to how this update will be received. Diane's update was very disappoiting compared to roxxy's. Roxxy's update had really good character development and diane's update didn't really add anything new to the character and most of the content we got(sex scenes) was a rework of old content. So if this update is just a rework of old scenes + pregnancy, I don't think people will be very happy with the fact that they will have to wait at least another 4-5 months for new content.

mastodonte69

Apr 15, 2018
A really nice way of speed up everything would be release 50% of an update with an H-scene and then start working on the other half, at least if he wanna keep giving BIG updates

Caesar0912

Apr 15, 2018
After a patch, the coding team is generally waiting for DC to make his art. I wonder what they do in the initial few weeks. Why can't they start working on fixing the saves issue?

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
After a patch, the coding team is generally waiting for DC to make his art. I wonder what they do in the initial few weeks. Why can't they start working on fixing the saves issue?
The saves are broken because the Erik and Mrs. Johnson route is tied to the old code-base. Since the route needs to be re-done/expanded anyways, there's little sense in fucking with it and potentially breaking something else unless they're devoting a full update to it.

Reactions: Laziness

Caesar0912

Apr 15, 2018
The saves are broken because the Erik and Mrs. Johnson route is tied to the old code-base. Since the route needs to be re-done/expanded anyways, there's little sense in fucking with it and potentially breaking something else unless they're devoting a full update to it.
I mean you have so much time before the new art is made. If that is too small of time for changing the code-base, that is just an excuse imo. We keep saying that Erik and Mrs. Johnson will be expanded anyways, yes they will be but what is not allowing you to just transfer the developed route to new code-base.
Pretty sure it is not something new to be done since other routes have been incorporated. Anyways.. one can only wait...

petur

Jul 29, 2017
How fucking long is it going to be stuck on 95%?
This is just a rough showing of the overall progress. If you want to see the full progress list you should become a patron or beg here for a patron to post a screenshot. The update is very close and will probably be coming out next week if the animator is done by the end of this week.

matt2c2

Jan 26, 2018
with the usual timelines of the updates and the fact the eve update will be "the biggest update so far", does anybody think the eve update will be released before halloween?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
with the usual timelines of the updates and the fact the eve update will be "the biggest update so far", does anybody think the eve update will be released before halloween?
Well, until now DC said basically that same thing about every update since 0.15, so it's nothing really new. Taking 4 months + X as a baseline should be a given and after that we'll see. I'd guess he'll be aiming for a september release to squeeze in a short halloween update after that. At least that's how it was planned for Diane last year. If that doesn't work I'd actually say we'll get it on Halloween. But given that he's aware of the whole situation I doubt that we'd actually get a 6 months update.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
That update on 0.19

''It will be the biggest update so far in Summertime Saga's development, with varied story options, lots of content/new locations and multiple girl pregnancies.''

Why do they have to make every update bigger and bigger... After 3 years each update will take 1 whole year I think. I like Eve, but come on. Also if you have to wait for a long time for a single update focused on 1 character. Make the poll open for like a week, seems fair when they are working on it for like 6 months. What it probably will be.
The more you add to the game, the more things you have to calculate for. This is for any "live service" game where the updates will continually get bigger as you expand on characters, plots, and scenes to access.

Reactions: Sync

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I mean you have so much time before the new art is made. If that is too small of time for changing the code-base, that is just an excuse imo. We keep saying that Erik and Mrs. Johnson will be expanded anyways, yes they will be but what is not allowing you to just transfer the developed route to new code-base.
Pretty sure it is not something new to be done since other routes have been incorporated. Anyways.. one can only wait...
It's not really an excuse. Rebuilding that storyline now could cause trouble when they go back to it later.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, I hope they get added to the content that is missing them, in particular many of the more recent scenes.
In my opinion, the last x-ray we got are a joke and a real down-turner. In no ways erotic whatsoever. Remind me of the first old b&w Mickey Mouse movie:

Exactly the same animation.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes