seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Talent show Eve. More like ugly twin, pretty twin.

View attachment 285408
well,gotta say just one thing,new Eve is prettier(in some ways),but it not feels like Eve...it simply shows that DC fell for the SameFace Saga ruse and decided to make her in different profile,gotta wait for the update to know if she is gonna sell like that,but considering how shallow her profile is right now,i'm pretty sure DC could easily make it work for the newcomers that stumble on the game,for me,it will just feel like the new actress they picked dont rub me right...well,as long a he stops on her and mess around with my lovely Judith,i may even consider funding it again...
P.S:btw,dunno from where you picked the idea from ugly twin,prettier twin,Eve picked all her fan crowding with the first appearence,so gotta respect the roots man...dont you think @TheDevian ?

Reactions: TheDevian

Steve3444

Apr 8, 2019
Eve on the right is the redesign? if so then it's starting to look like DC is changing his style of the typical strange baggy eyed cuts in cheek style :D

Caesar0912

Apr 15, 2018
First of, I'm the only coder now that Panda has left the team.

Secondly, I kinda enjoy taking a week off every 4 months. You probably don't know this, but although the workload is quite minimal for me (like I don't work 24/7), I still am available to DC and the others 18 hours a day. Whenever there's something for me to do, it's done in the hour usually.

Thirdly, the erik and mrsj content has an FSM already, but it's not used anywhere yet, for several reasons. a) Why work on something that is going to get reworked eventually, b) if it's done, people won't even care, won't notice at all, and if they do, erik and mrsj won't get voted for, which kinda sucks, and c) it takes a fucking while to implement all that shit, plus, none of the posing docs are left. The only remains is the flowchart which is not even up to date, so I'd have to do it from the content in game.

And lastly, I have more pressing reworks to do, especially regarding the asset organization. It's all a big mess right now, and leads to bugs and errors. Reworking that is much more important for our workflow than save compat which, although asked for, is only secondary to that issue.

And did I mention that I'm all alone on this ? I can't really work 18 hours a day and not burn out in a week.
Thanks for the reply Dogeek. As a player, using prior saves is a concern for me. Obviously, the priority of things will be different between a developer and a user. Eric and MrsJ are not being voted for anyways since there are other interesting characters to look into. I guess just having one guy do all the coding in a project that gives $50,000/month is probably the problem. I appreciate your reply.

Reactions: llong0415

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
There's just something unsettling to me about newEve's eyes. Almost as if they're too wide or something. Giving me alien vibes
well,Eve was always made with the basis of something resembling a cat,while this was just on her clothes before,DC seemed to try to put it directly on her appearence thus the big eyes(which,if you look well,were present even on her first look),even her gait looks more sinuous as her first rework presented us with something similar on these changes,resembling the feline shape...to me feels a little forced,but i'm just a lone fella,with his own opinions

Reactions: TheDevian

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
$52,000 per month? Gotta feel bad for anyone supporting the Patreon for 3 updates a year.
Do you feel bad for people who often give money to buskers? Because that's effectively what this is.

This update better be worth it because this is getting fucking ridiculous. It's been at 95% for over a week now. The update has over 5 months, closing in on 6. If this has as much playable content as the last one, this game is dead.
This is incorrect. It hasn't even been 5 months since the 17.0 release, let alone the 17.5 release.

Reactions: Sync

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
I think that you are confused. We have the last two animations of 18.0 being worked on with more animations coming after them. The update is not out yet but it will have at least 7 animations if i understand the task bar correctly, so 5 animations have been done already. Look at what you are posting.
I think you are confused. All he was saying is the art is and always has been the bottleneck. It is very simple. Imagine if by magic you could go back to December 15th and all the art for the 0.18 update was somehow magically completed. DC doesn't have to draw anything. Would it take the rest of the team almost 5 months to release the update? The answer of course not. It wouldn't take anywhere in the ball park of 4-5 months. It takes as long as it does because they spend a lot of the time waiting on DC. The bottleneck is and always has been the art.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
That means we have two points of potential bottle necking instead of one.
It's really only one. In my mind there isn't a good excuse for the animations to be holding up the release. If DC did the art for the animations first, there should be more than enough time for the animator(s) to finish before the rest of the art is done. This is one of the 2-3 areas that DC's project could be managed better.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
It's really only one. In my mind there isn't a good excuse for the animations to be holding up the release. If DC did the art for the animations first, there should be more than enough time for the animator(s) to finish before the rest of the art is done. This is one of the 2-3 areas that DC's project could be managed better.
Why would he want to manage it better. You think he doesn't like money lol. If he can get 50k a month to put out an update every 4-5 months why would he do anything else.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
Why would he want to manage it better. You think he doesn't like money lol. If he can get 50k a month to put out an update every 4-5 months why would he do anything else.
He's stated repeatedly he has other projects he wants to work on. When this one is done, there's revenue streams in other places he can grab.

petur

Jul 29, 2017
I think you are confused. All he was saying is the art is and always has been the bottleneck. It is very simple. Imagine if by magic you could go back to December 15th and all the art for the 0.18 update was somehow magically completed. DC doesn't have to draw anything. Would it take the rest of the team almost 5 months to release the update? The answer of course not. It wouldn't take anywhere in the ball park of 4-5 months. It takes as long as it does because they spend a lot of the time waiting on DC. The bottleneck is and always has been the art.
Another confused individual. If you can't be bothered reading my comments in full don't bother replying to me.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
He's stated repeatedly he has other projects he wants to work on. When this one is done, there's revenue streams in other places he can grab.
Sure, I bet he would like to work on other things. People would like lots of things but I don't think he is an idiot. He has the #1 game on Patreon pulling in over 50k a month for an update every 4-5 months. Every Dev would kill for that. Whats the best he can hope to accomplish? Finish this game and start a new one where if he is lucky it will be as popular and bring in as much as this one? Why would he want to risk it. Patreon is his only viable revenue stream. Just like it is for every other dev making these games.

There is no promise his next game could bring in close to what this does so why would he want to stop the gravy train. Dark Silver was the top game on Patreon With Big Brother. When he started his new game people left en masse.

You do realize that just with the updates already planned that you can vote on would takes years at the pace updates are currently released. Does that sound like someone trying to move on to something else? He can say whatever he wants publicly but believe me he is loving the position he is in right now and I guarantee he is more then happy as hell to continue what he is doing.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Another confused individual. If you can't be bothered reading my comments in full don't bother replying to me.
I read your comment. The problem is it had nothing to do with what you were responding to.

You responded to this

Since I got quoted I will kindly join this discussion. Firstly, someone has to draw the scene to be animated. ;) You can't animate with no pictures.
Which you quoted in your comment.

Your comment was

I think that you are confused. We have the last two animations of 18.0 being worked on with more animations coming after them. The update is not out yet but it will have at least 7 animations if i understand the task bar correctly, so 5 animations have been done already. Look at what you are posting.
Which has nothing to do with the fact the art needs to be done or the animator can't do anything. Why do you think the animators are freelance. If they weren't they would be sitting around for months waiting for DC to finish the art. They could have finished the animation months ago, if they had the art.

I read your comment fine. Don't be mad at me just because it made no sense and had nothing to do with what you were responding to.

That would be like me responding to you saying DC draws on the computer and then complaining that you are confused and you didn't read my comment lol.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Yes you can. It's call placeholder art, everyone with a brain does this. Most of the coding can be done before getting the art, you have only have point regarding the animation.
You can't use placeholder art when the scenes are interactable as it is in this game. You can't code the area to click the pill bottle on the shelf or the key on the keyhook if you don't know exactly where the shelf, bottle, key and keyhook is.

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
you know what guys?? being salty and flaming wars leads to nothing-at-all

i do know about programming and can tell if something can be done in a short while or it will take more time to do so

the new system is extensively more useful than the old code, which dogeek kindly has put time and effort on converting from the old code to the new

the new "divided-in-parts" image layout is far more flexible and allow to remove a lot of weight on the final release

so now..., if you don't like to wait 4 or 5 months for a release and are pledgin' on the patreon, then....

STOP PLEDGING AND STFU

do you think that rambling here would change anything on how DC and co. would do things???

YOU'RE WRONG

there are 29K posts spanning 1472 pages and i can bet that at least 70% of those are people complaining, so, why you're still here then??

you claim that you like the game and whatnot, but actually are just complaining for a new release ASAP, which for a game of this caliber and ambitious scope is simply impossible

ANYBODY with his/hers 2 cents worth of knowledge on these matters can tell that if you rush it for quick short term updates the quality will simply go down the drain, because bugs and problems will start to piling up and patching those problems would take more time than the one used releasing new content

and re-coding old code and trying to make it work with the old, bloated remaining code, withouth any issue is challenging AF, creating new content, and editing the old one to make it better-ish (yes, i'm a little salty due the new artwork), and trying to not ragequit due the sheer amount of complaints is far more taxing than you think

so please, just remember... all we here are humans, we have things to do and whatnot, be kind, be consious of the others, patience is a virtue

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes