mattius77

May 16, 2017
I'm not quite sure what is more amusing:

That we're 2 1/2 years into what I regard as the best h-game I've ever played, and people are still bitching about how much money the dev makes vs how slow the dev cycle is.......

.......or that we've now resorted to forensic economics to justify the money the dev makes and the pace of the dev cycle.

el-oh-el

It is what it is. Accept it or do not. If the former, great... perhaps you can explain to me how an incest pr0n game now has an impregnable cow-lady. If the latter....... well........ you'd be doing yourself and us all a favor if you just moved on.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
I was thinking about this earlier today.

There are over a dozen ladies that MC can get busy with, most of which are 'unlockable' in the same save, plus a (thankfully) one-timer. In addition there are like 2-3 other ladies that have repeatable h-scenes that aren't full sex but still result in, er, 'completion', and a couple others with lewd content. All at the same period of time, with I think like 5 or 6 more in the pipeline (no pun intended).

I was no slouch before I got married, but I have to say that's quite a busy 'summer' if you ask me. lol

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
I was thinking about this earlier today.

There are over a dozen ladies that MC can get busy with, most of which are 'unlockable' in the same save, plus a (thankfully) one-timer. In addition there are like 2-3 other ladies that have repeatable h-scenes that aren't full sex but still result in, er, 'completion', and a couple others with lewd content. All at the same period of time, with I think like 5 or 6 more in the pipeline (no pun intended).

I was no slouch before I got married, but I have to say that's quite a busy 'summer' if you ask me. lol
iirc, the game is set in Summerville. So technically it's 'summertime' ALL the time! ;)

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Yes you can. It's call placeholder art, everyone with a brain does this. Most of the coding can be done before getting the art, you have only have point regarding the animation.
Fine let me clarify, they have said in the past they can't do it.

I understand the idea behind placeholder art and have used stand-ins myself when coding. I don't know their workflow or why they said they couldn't do coding without the art. If you're really curious I'm sure you can dig up the discord statement where they referenced this.

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
okay, we're at the doorstep of the next release, my expectations are mostly in for the v.0.18.5 rather than the v.0.18.0 because generally the first release still has bugs to fix, and a later release has those bugs already patched

said so, i expect to see a improvement in the way the game runs, since a lot of the code has been re-written and just a small part of the old codebase is left to be re-done, as i said before, the v.0.21 would be the starting point of cross-versions saves

i would dare to say tha this release will be ready for the end of April, (v.0.18), the other will be for mid May (v.0.18.5) and the next version (v.0.19) will be for the end of December

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
I hope people aren't expecting the update to be anything other than Diane-tier, especially given that it's technically getting split out over 1.5 updates. The only thing in this update that I'm super pumped for is the DEX grind getting untangled from Jenny's progression; actually makes replaying the game from scratch feasible without hanging myself

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I hope people aren't expecting the update to be anything other than Diane-tier, especially given that it's technically getting split out over 1.5 updates. The only thing in this update that I'm super pumped for is the DEX grind getting untangled from Jenny's progression; actually makes replaying the game from scratch feasible without hanging myself
To be fair, in Diane's case it was clear that she'd only get a revamp and an extension while in Jenny's case there likely won't be that much old content left. I mean, her quest- and storydesign was really bad and the whole DEX thing was just the icing on that cake. I'm fairly certain that replaying her story will feel a lot better compared to Diane, where indeed a lot was changed but most of those changes where so subtle that many probably didn't even care.

Else you'll probably be happy to hear that, according to Dogeek, we'll get a new cheat mode in which all stats are done. So there won't be any stat grinds for replays anymore.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
CURSE YOU MIA AND EVE FANATICS!!! MY WAIFU JUDITH DESERVES AN UPDATE!!!Also Banana if you are reading this, don't hate on Judith.
i feel personally attacked by this post, let me tell you this.. if judith wants to win maybe dc needs to make her lose a couple pounds, as long as this doesn't happen i'm gonna keep voting for my two favourite summertime saga waifus eve and mia.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
We're halfway through the 4th month of 2019. The 0.18 update was released before christmas. Sir, are you on psychedelic drugs?
No, but are you? 18.0 has not been released yet.

17.0 was released November 23rd so five months would be April 23rd. The OP posted before that, which means it has not yet been five months since 17.0 has been released.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017

Update 0.18 status:

Art, Writing and Posing are done and we are simply waiting to receive the final 2 animations to plug them into the build and bug test the last parts. Sometimes, animation can take time if they have complex character movement, so be patient! I realise that perhaps animation has tendencies to delay the releases (happened before) so I'm actively looking for additional animators for the next updates. This should speed up the process in that regard. Sorry about the delay!

0.18.5 extra Jenny scenes:

I've been working on those extra scenes I always wanted to add to Jenny's story and I'm done the art for the hscenes. Just have to do a few poses and then send it all to be animated. This extra content should be released shortly after 0.18!

0.19 development:

I've begun doing a lot of prep work for Eve's update, as well as stream content for it. Eve will have quite a large story, with a ton of content, and 3 female characters with hscenes (and pregnancies!). It will be the biggest update so far in Summertime Saga's development, with varied story options, lots of content/new locations and multiple girl pregnancies.

If you have ideas/suggestions for Eve's story, feel free to message me on Patreon, email or Discord! I like to hear your thoughts on improving Summertime Saga!

See you soon on release day!

DC

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes