TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I know people are tired of reworks, but I think DC should just rework eriks story just so we can have save compatibility. It's so annoying having to start a new game everytime a new update comes out.
Is that the reason for save incompatibility? I saw Lain saying that he couldn't work Erik's mom into his walkthrough mod due to her not having been reworked. Or something like that.

Do you know why it's causing incompatibilities?

Kai-lee-Sei

Jan 12, 2019
Outside of Mrs. Johnson's sex education route, is there any other way to get birth control pills? Because I talked receptionist at the clinic, but when I go to the second to try and make a call, the MC just says he has no reason to do so.

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
Is that the reason for save incompatibility? I saw Lain saying that he couldn't work Erik's mom into his walkthrough mod due to her not having been reworked. Or something like that.

Do you know why it's causing incompatibilities?
Some time ago DC posted a poll that had Erik and his mom as one of the options that sayed "save file compatibility"
I could have believed that,if It wasn't for the fact when he updated his goal money milestones he mentioned in one of the goals "save file compatibility" .
It's another lie that DC put up with, since if Erik was the problem about save compatibility, he should have not mentioned it in the milestone because if Erik needs to be voted in a poll to be reworked to supposedly add save compatibility, everytime someone else wins we're never going to get that feature.
It's even worse for the project because the bigger It gets and more content is added, the harder Is to fix the problems later.
So it's probably something that he mentions to mislead people in thinking that if he gets that milestone money he's going to magically implement save file compatibility.
That and the second coder he hired (Dogeek) then fired the old one but didn't write about It.
It's about bad direction and management, as well poor resource control.
If DC was actually a good leader, he would have worked first on the vital features (add save file compatibility, progress with the dating system, finish main story characters/quests and areas) rather than add useless features (also buggy and poorly done) like pregnancy and minigames that should be done last or add areas and new characters that aren't going to have content for years.
But that's just my opinion.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That and the second coder he hired (Dogeek) then fired the old one but didn't write about It.
The homepage was updated, the patreon page wasn't. So it's not like having one coder was meant to be permanent, I guess he just needed some time to find somebody that fits the team.

Edit: Next to that, do you have any imformation that DC fired panda? As far as I'm aware he left on his own terms because he didn't have the time anymore and is still testing the game?

Last edited:

sadmax

Jun 17, 2017
All's I know is that I'm grateful the game is free on the other hand if a person pays a considerable amount you're more than entitled to criticize the game like the meh pregnancy update. Yeah she's pregnant but you don't have pregnant sex. I'm not into preggo sex but I'd bet people who have preggo fetish would want the pregnant ladies in action. The totally weak attempt at multiple choices althought the biggest problem I have with this game is the save compatability. Oh man imagine this thread when the gay sex comes in. Couldn't he have picked a better looking gay option? I mean that guy's not even okay looking. Hopefully the gay option is feminine and not that trainer guy.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

sadmax

Jun 17, 2017
Great game. I would love to see pregnant content with the teachers in a future update, as well as Mia and Roxxy. Also, I have a couple of friends who are gay and enjoy playing this game. Maybe add a twist where the player can decide to make the MC turn gay and hook up with Kevin. Its just a suggestion.
Why are you so gay? Just kidding
I don't think there's a twist pal. You could click eric's bed before and the kevin is on the "to do list" in the mc's locker. There's also the trap. I think that particular update will be like at least 3 years before it happens. Since people aren't particularly asking for it. I can't confirm if there's a poll regarding kevin or eric in that way. Although I bet that there's some gonna be gay stuff happening with the mafia dudes.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
All's I know is that I'm grateful the game is free on the other hand if a person pays a considerable amount you're more than entitled to criticize the game like the meh pregnancy update. Yeah she's pregnant but you don't have pregnant sex. I'm not into preggo sex but I'd bet people who have preggo fetish would want the pregnant ladies in action. The totally weak attempt at multiple choices althought the biggest problem I have with this game is the save compatability. Oh man imagine this thread when the gay sex comes in. Couldn't he have picked a better looking gay option? I mean that guy's not even okay looking. Hopefully the gay option is feminine and not that trainer guy.
You have to take the "criticisms" of all with a grain of salt. Some people feel that they paid good money and the game isn't producing enough for the money invested.

Some people (like me) put more time into the game and have our criticisms of the game.

Then there's people that talk about every little detail of the game and tell you it's shit while they delete the game for the fourth time and come back every month to tell you the same thing.

It's just fascinating to see all those opinions mesh into something.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Some time ago DC posted a poll that had Erik and his mom as one of the options that sayed "save file compatibility"
I could have believed that,if It wasn't for the fact when he updated his goal money milestones he mentioned in one of the goals "save file compatibility" .
It's another lie that DC put up with, since if Erik was the problem about save compatibility, he should have not mentioned it in the milestone because if Erik needs to be voted in a poll to be reworked to supposedly add save compatibility, everytime someone else wins we're never going to get that feature.
Well yeah, but the post that I was referred to earlier at least explains why there's save compatibility issues regarding Eric's content. I still hate it, but it's better to know why I guess...?
It's even worse for the project because the bigger It gets and more content is added, the harder Is to fix the problems later.
Agreed.
So it's probably something that he mentions to mislead people in thinking that if he gets that milestone money he's going to magically implement save file compatibility.
Eh, I don't know. To me the word mislead is pretty strong here. I believe he will implement save compatibility some time, I don't really know why he's got a milestone for it though since it should take priority.

I assume that he is going to add a second coder to the project? What exactly is the nature of the milestone?
If DC was actually a good leader, he would have worked first on the vital features (add save file compatibility, progress with the dating system, finish main story characters/quests and areas) rather than add useless features (also buggy and poorly done) like pregnancy and minigames that should be done last or add areas and new characters that aren't going to have content for years.
Well, he is an amateur and to be fair most people aren't good leaders, nor do they know how to control resources or organize work, projects, who does what, enforce deadlines.. You know, the whole shebang.

On a related note, I find most of Summertime Saga's update contains quite a few bugs. Might be related to the release schedule and him not wanting to put it off any more than he has to considering, as I said, he doesn't update frequently.
We're all entitled to one mate :D

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Man, that game is not good for you. Seriously. All those bad people and liars involved in the project and all.

You should go play Tetris. Saves are compatible.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Is there any plans for an 18.5 update like the 17.5? Any thoughts as to what might be included?
It's going to have a different focus and will basically consist of 3 new sex scenes for Jenny, like certainly the bed scene and, in case we are lucky, maybe a little bit more story. Next to that there'll be some minor fixes and further code updates.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
It's going to have a different focus and will basically consist of 3 new sex scenes for Jenny, like certainly the bed scene and, in case we are lucky, maybe a little bit more story. Next to that there'll be some minor fixes and further code updates.
Ah, well, I do like Jenny. And it felt off that I couldn't climb in bed with her since I'd been able to previous versions. Bug fixes are always welcome :p

Teiky

Jun 24, 2017
Game is also complete with about a bazillion different variations. Typically doesn't lead to a happy ending.

0/10 ;)

Is there any plans for an 18.5 update like the 17.5? Any thoughts as to what might be included?
as far as i can see, new update brings new interaction with jenny post finish so maybe its a romancing option as there is a block called jenny gf experience, 3 new hscenes, bug fixes, and something to do with the daycare

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
as far as i can see, new update brings new interaction with jenny post finish so maybe its a romancing option as there is a block called jenny gf experience, 3 new hscenes, bug fixes, and something to do with the daycare
Huh, so the code is already in there but the scenes with art etc just aren't done?

The daycare portion probably indicates a future expansion with Annie's(?) mother, I guess we'll be putting our kids there next update. Doubt there'll be content with the mother though.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes