j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Considering the characters of the update, I hope the update will be released before the presidential election.
That's basically certain. The fitting thing is indeed, that the whole Rump thing started a few months after he took office and will end a few months before he (likely) leaves again.

Reactions: brchstnge

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if he got elected for a second term. It's America anything is possible at this point.
I'd have agreed with that a few months ago, but his current poll numbers are absolutely abysmal and there's no distraction in sight which, in my opinion, could really change that.

Having said that, I'm happy that his role in the game will hopefully be fulfilled after this update. So if I'm lucky I won't have to really see him again in any relevant role neither here nor in reality.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
^I mean last time all the polls had Hillary winning... Polls don't really matter that much if people don't show up when comes the time to vote.
But yeah I hope we don't have to deal with Rump anymore after the update is done..

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
Next update : 0.20.5.1 > bank clerk, the 2 Rumps, mafia girl, Tina/Maria poll winner
Forgot who gets 0.20.5.2
Next update : 0.21 > Rhonda, her notmom, Cassie the lifeguard
I'm hoping to see a little more of the Captain's lady at some point. But itmight be a long wait looking at this list!

Apr 9, 2019
I love this game, but the goons randomly showing up and emptying your wallet (on your way to the bank no less) is so frustrating, unneeded and it doesn't add to the game-play at all. It just means you've wasted your time bothering to play a mini-game, only for the game to decide the meager amount of money you have anyway, is too much for you and it MUST be taken away. Imagine the amount of work that went into producing that scene, that could have been used to add content where it actually matters.

Also, high level Bratva aren't going to be milling about on the street taking chump change from teenagers, they aren't pushers, they aren't gangstas, they're GANGSTERS. Either have them act like the international criminals the game says they are, or have them act like gang bangers, pick one, it is tonally inconsistent.

As an afterthought, it also shows that your skill-points are largely a gimmick, that are only useful in very speific cases, rather than true skills that are consistently useful. Why not use your high agility to escape? Sure, they have guns, but they aren't going to shoot you in broad daylight in front of a bank. Or, why not use your high charisma to charm your way out of it? It isn't like they'd see you as a threat, only as a mere distraction. You could even use your intellect, perhaps in the form of perception, or deception? I mean, if you make your character so incredibly intelligent, why doesn't he act like it? Why is he so unaware of his surroundings that he walks into gangsters, without even a quick-time event? Skills need to be more useful and generalizable, otherwise they're just a gimmick.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
They implemented it to give you the choice : normalmode, grind and whine > cheatmode, skip the drama and do whatever. People willingly choose to suffer/grind/whine with normalmode, nobody forces them to use it. On top of having to restart every few builds, it's really a nobrainer what to choose (lol nobrainer in this place, what irony)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I love this game, but the goons randomly showing up and emptying your wallet (on your way to the bank no less) is so frustrating, unneeded and it doesn't add to the game-play at all. It just means you've wasted your time bothering to play a mini-game, only for the game to decide the meager amount of money you have anyway, is too much for you and it MUST be taken away. Imagine the amount of work that went into producing that scene, that could have been used to add content where it actually matters.

Also, high level Bratva aren't going to be milling about on the street taking chump change from teenagers, they aren't pushers, they aren't gangstas, they're GANGSTERS. Either have them act like the international criminals the game says they are, or have them act like gang bangers, pick one, it is tonally inconsistent.

As an afterthought, it also shows that your skill-points are largely a gimmick, that are only useful in very speific cases, rather than true skills that are consistently useful. Why not use your high agility to escape? Sure, they have guns, but they aren't going to shoot you in broad daylight in front of a bank. Or, why not use your high charisma to charm your way out of it? It isn't like they'd see you as a threat, only as a mere distraction. You could even use your intellect, perhaps in the form of perception, or deception? I mean, if you make your character so incredibly intelligent, why doesn't he act like it? Why is he so unaware of his surroundings that he walks into gangsters, without even a quick-time event? Skills need to be more useful and generalizable, otherwise they're just a gimmick.
I understand your feelings. But: it's there to add to the main story. One way to overcome that is using cheat mode, or with the same effect to save each time you are in the main city map. However, you can also deposit all your money in the bank and don't give them a dime, without any cheat. Once they rob you, you are safe for three days. So, without cheating, every three days put all your money on your bank account, then move around the map until they get you, don't give them a dime and be safe for three more days.

Your suggestions are quite interesting. But keep in mind that this is still a WIP. I was thinking to mod this specific aspect of the game, but with rollback enabled it really is no issue at all ;)

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes