DiegoSaintE

Nov 20, 2017
Hi guys. A question. Do the devs plan to do scenes involving the girls and other character other than MC? Do you think it's possible without annoying the fans?
Example, some sort of a scene with Erik and Debbie or Jenny.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys. A question. Do the devs plan to do scenes involving the girls and other character other than MC? Do you think it's possible without annoying the fans?
I'd say scenes out of the "logical" context are very unlikely. I mean, we've got Erik and Mrs. Johson, Rump etc. and I could imagine spying on for example Harold and Helen once their story is completed and maybe others (Tony/Maria etc.). In the end they'll have to make sense and have to be as little work as possible. Thus I can't see Erik and Debbie or Jenny happening and there are indeed no plans announced.

Reactions: DiegoSaintE

DiegoSaintE

Nov 20, 2017
I'd say scenes out of the "logical" context are very unlikely. I mean, we've got Erik and Mrs. Johson, Rump etc. and I could imagine spying on for example Harold and Helen once their story is completed and maybe others (Tony/Maria etc.). In the end they'll have to make sense and have to be as little work as possible. Thus I can't see Erik and Debbie or Jenny happening and there are indeed no plans announced.
:cry:. It makes sense. I'm just a fan of "cheating" in a way that some other character can get some fun instead of the MC. Thanks for you answer, my friend!

Oct 28, 2017
Having the same problem. Version 0.18.6 with "Lain's Mod Pack" and "Incest Patch".
There is no way to leave the Pink Store after this scene.
Any suggestions?
did you guys actually buy the toy though. you go in with jenny and there is dialogue but you actually have to click on the toy and then buy it to leave. i have the mod too and it worked for me.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
:cry:. It makes sense. I'm just a fan of "cheating" in a way that some other character can get some fun instead of the MC. Thanks for you answer, my friend!
Well, the game is quite vanilla and has a light hearted spirit in general. So it may happen that others get their fun in one way or the other (like Erik, Cpt. Terry, Rump, Tony in the church...) but there's no real focus and if anything, it's probably closer to voyeurism.

Reactions: DiegoSaintE

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
At the beginning of a game, there is an option to play a clean game or with cheats enabled. I do not want to have all stats have maxed, but hope that it is somehow possible to skipp mini-game, if I beginn to dislike them. Is this possible? (Have installed Naughty mod and Lain's mod.)

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
In what universe do you live? The game is more popular than ever.

Btw/ I just did a replay and had not one game breaking bug.
This game was a top 5 of F95 but has dropped off. The funding has also dropped off. This game has limited popularity when you look at the list of members. Before the Patreon debacle there were montlhy updates, now all you can do is guess when the next update is going to be released (I do check in on the SummerTime website to see progress). You cannot use saves which is due to the developer always changing up the game, the argument from the dev has been the save system is broken when in fact its not, and this is true for any game engine, when the dev is always changing things up.

I'm trying to start any arguments over the game and those who enjoy it, and the comments I make are goodhearted not out of anger or any ill-will. And I don't think the admin would like it if I posted every bugged screenshot I have ran into so far with 0.18.6.

And I never use the 'cheat mode' always 'clean' fresh start, and I never used a walkthorugh. But since the game has seen numerous changes I probably am going to need to now. I play the game differently then a majority of players and because of that I usually run into bugs, (I can say the same for other game engines as well) I'm fairly sure the game seems to have a 'set path' you should follow to avoid the bugs, and checking out some walkthroughs will probably help!

Reactions: mecha_froggy

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Well, it didn't have monthly updates for more than 2 years (one could argue that it never really had them except for the first few months) and DC's revenue has more than doubled since. Else I don't really see a drop. At least right now the earnings seem pretty stable above 50k.
It did drop to 20k at one point, it was as high as 40k before that. It still disturbing if a game is getting 50K, has a full team, each one tasked to deal with a certain part of development, and the updates are further and further apart. I know the dev is changing up story lines and characters involvement/interactions. But still, I play a numbers of games that do this as well and they still get regular updates, mostly monthly, a few every couple weeks!

Reactions: tankdick

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This game was a top 5 of F95 but has dropped off. The funding has also dropped off. This game has limited popularity when you look at the list of members. Before the Patreon debacle there were montlhy updates, now all you can do is guess when the next update is going to be released (I do check in on the SummerTime website to see progress). You cannot use saves which is due to the developer always changing up the game, the argument from the dev has been the save system is broken when in fact its not, and this is true for any game engine, when the dev is always changing things up.

I'm trying to start any arguments over the game and those who enjoy it, and the comments I make are goodhearted not out of anger or any ill-will. And I don't think the admin would like it if I posted every bugged screenshot I have ran into so far with 0.18.6.

And I never use the 'cheat mode' always 'clean' fresh start, and I never used a walkthorugh. But since the game has seen numerous changes I probably am going to need to now. I play the game differently then a majority of players and because of that I usually run into bugs, (I can say the same for other game engines as well) I'm fairly sure the game seems to have a 'set path' you should follow to avoid the bugs, and checking out some walkthroughs will probably help!
This source denies your claim of Summertime Saga dropping off: . There was one drop-off between January/February but now May has seen their largest income ever.

They explained many times why saves are not compatible, so I am not repeating that here. If you didn't read/believe before, you will not do so now. They provide a compatible 100% save with every new release, so what are you complaining about?

If you want to compare the old 3-frames-"animations" with the new smoothly animated scenes, you cannot be helped either. And you may not like Jenny story (I like it), but you cannot deny that it's much of content, comparable to the legendary Roxxy story.

The only bugs I encountered were some clothing glitches, mainly with Diane Cow costume. Name one other or it didn't happen. However, I admit that I fixed some issues with my mod, so honestly I cannot dismiss your claim out-of-hand. If you have one example, I would be glad to try to reproduce and fix it if you attach a save file here.

I, too, play the game without cheat and clean. Coming to think of it, I wonder why you want save compatibility when you also start fresh with every release...

Edit: "This game was a top 5 of F95 but has dropped off"

Where does that statement come from? Go to this page and wonder: https://f95zone.to/forums/games.2/?order=view_count&direction=desc

Summertime Saga is top scorer wrt/ views, and an second place wrt/ replies and first-message-reaction-score. OK, in rating there are some better positioned, but there is really not much difference between the first couple of games.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It did drop to 20k at one point, it was as high as 40k before that.
As mentioned in the post before me, that's not true and I don't know where you'd have that from. The game has reached a somewhat stable range by now.

patreon.jpg

Else I can only say it's indeed more about the content that the update fequency. The updates have improved a lot in almost every way compared to what we had 2 years ago. Yes, they take longer but to me that's worth it. I mean sure, one can argue about 3 weeks more or less per update, but who really cares about that anyway? I'd rather have one better update than really short and incomplete monthly ones.

Reactions: HB38

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
At the beginning of a game, there is an option to play a clean game or with cheats enabled. I do not want to have all stats have maxed, but hope that it is somehow possible to skipp mini-game, if I beginn to dislike them. Is this possible? (Have installed Naughty mod and Lain's mod.)
I don't like the minigames much either. But is there not the option to skip the music minigames if you failed two times? The spinbottle minigame in my opinion is actually quite funny. I totally agree with the basketball and -- even more so -- the milking minigames, but they have to be won only once. Making money can be painful, agreed. But I can live with that.

Maybe I think about providing a skip button with my mod, but I did not feel the urge yet.

Brainvow

Oct 21, 2017
Try without the mods first. If it does not work, attach a savegame here, I will take a look. I just did a re-play the last days, I had no problem, but I remember it was a bit tricky to advance here.
Thanks for the tip, will definitely try that.

did you guys actually buy the toy though. you go in with jenny and there is dialogue but you actually have to click on the toy and then buy it to leave. i have the mod too and it worked for me.
Yes, i bought the toy she wanted. But nothing happens after that, whereever i click.

XenForo

May 30, 2017
Do I have to replay the whole game every single time a new update comes out? Haven't played since 0.14 because of this.

Aug 28, 2018
What i´m wondering most about is the reason why the updates seem to take so long. Looking at the progress tracker the art assets always seem much more finished than the other´s. Maybe DC should look into replacing his current employees. Art and writing are the only things which made progress so far. And im pretty sure its only DC working on these two.

XenForo Yes you do. Saves are still not compatible.

Reactions: XenForo

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Do I have to replay the whole game every single time a new update comes out? Haven't played since 0.14 because of this.
Go to their patreon page and get the 100% (i.e. everything except the new stuff) savegame if it bothers you so much.

Reactions: XenForo

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
What i´m wondering most about is the reason why the updates seem to take so long. Looking at the progress tracker the art assets always seem much more finished than the other´s. Maybe DC should look into replacing his current employees. Art and writing are the only things which made progress so far. And im pretty sure its only DC working on these two.

XenForo Yes you do. Saves are still not compatible.
Apparently you and DC have one thing in common. Neither of you read this thread and none of you two bothers. This discussion is a neverending story on every single page of this thread. Repeating it will not change a thing. Deal with it.

Reactions: LonDonJohnSon

Somnus

Oct 12, 2017
I believe the only other available male is Erik, since the other are just random douches or gay. And judging by the plans of improving the Poker minigame, I expect some threesome fun between MC, Erik and another girl. I don't see anywhere else it could be possible.

Honestly, I don't see that as cheating or cucking, more like rewarding his best friend. Characters like the latinas, Roxxy's friends, Annie and June could fit this role. The teachers, the principal and the yoga woman too. Roxxy, Mia and Eve I have some doubts the fans would accept. A mom swapping foursome would be HOT.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes