Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
I've always wondered if developers really make as much as is shown on Patreon or Subscribestar?
Do these platforms take a % of their revenue? I'm trying to understand this because for example you release a game on Steam that even if it's good won't make as much money in a few months as Summertime Saga does in a month, is there a catch somewhere?

Oct 30, 2018
I've always wondered if developers really make as much as is shown on Patreon or Subscribestar?
Do these platforms take a % of their revenue? I'm trying to understand this because for example you release a game on Steam that even if it's good won't make as much money in a few months as Summertime Saga does in a month, is there a catch somewhere?
former developer here. yes, what you see is what they get/take home. the deduction from patreon is already removed from the earnings you see on their 'About' page, beside the paid members count.

edit: you need to deduct the paypal fee after that too.

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
What exactly is remade. The content that is there seems to be the same???
More or less, a couple of new scenes, and even if the game is the same graphically speaking, it's on a new engine. Also, the game would never end because he's planning to forever add new things (but I don't see that happening anyway).

So, for now, he will re-release old content with some new twist until he reached where the original game was. It's gonna be a very long time before we have real new content.

Aug 22, 2017
More or less, a couple of new scenes, and even if the game is the same graphically speaking, it's on a new engine. Also, the game would never end because he's planning to forever add new things (but I don't see that happening anyway).

So, for now, he will re-release old content with some new twist until he reached where the original game was. It's gonna be a very long time before we have real new content.
That honestly kills any desire to retry this game. Oh well

Sam173

Dec 26, 2019

so currently the remake has less content than the original?

Reactions: Budman 1959

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
former developer here. yes, what you see is what they get/take home. the deduction from patreon is already removed from the earnings you see on their 'About' page, beside the paid members count.

edit: you need to deduct the paypal fee after that too.
Now I understand, I'll be honest, it's impressive and Summertime Saga is not the only case where the creators earn so much money, thank you for your answer!

Reactions: Budman 1959
4.00 star(s) 366 Votes