Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
As a Dev myself (Working on Taffy Tales and my own separate unannounced 2D project), I can say safely the work is never as fast as we hope/want, especially 2D.

Of course, careful management and having the manpower available to help with certain tasks obviously helps speed things up, but there's a difference between throwing together some trash and actually crafting something that's fun and engaging.
Do you think this game is being worked on Properly? after reading back some pages on all the stuff DC has said and what seems to being delievered I can see why this thread has descened into anarchy

I mean when I compare it to Taffy Tales and what get's delivered there hard not to see an good development cycle and...... an middling one.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Do you think this game is being worked on Properly? after reading back some pages on all the stuff DC has said and what seems to being delievered I can see why this thread has descened into anarchy

I mean when I compare it to Taffy Tales and what get's delivered there hard not to see an good development cycle and...... an middling one.
I wouldn't really feel comfortable commenting on the goings on of the Summertime Saga team.

(Despite being one of the more 'vocal' dev critics, my Captains Log stuff is really just reserved for what I consider devs glaringly taking advantage of their user base)

Generally speaking, SS is slow but consistent and they do have a certain standard they maintain. What you see is what you get.

Would I personally manage things different? Yes, but that's me, and my style and approach is very different to a lot of devs anyway I feel. Take that for what you will.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yes, also cumming out ... she got pregnant ... just the next day, she sends a message that we go to her room and informs us that she is pregnant.
Then your save is broken somehow. Does the pregnancy minigame trigger at all, or does she just keep getting pregnant, out of nowhere?

John18111a

Aug 6, 2018
Woohoo, anyone else excited to see that the next update is 99% done.

I held off on playing the last update, as I was busy at work, and trying other games, and then when I did get a couple days to play it the new update was over half done, so I decided to wait as saves are not usually compatible. So I am just a little excited. :)

Reactions: {0__0} and Buddeer

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Woohoo, anyone else excited to see that the next update is 99% done.

I held off on playing the last update, as I was busy at work, and trying other games, and then when I did get a couple days to play it the new update was over half done, so I decided to wait as saves are not usually compatible. So I am just a little excited. :)
Well, saves should be compatible now (at least those from version 0.19.x).

And if you waited so long already, you probably want to wait a week longer until I updated my mod ;)

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Then your save is broken somehow. Does the pregnancy minigame trigger at all, or does she just keep getting pregnant, out of nowhere?
When finished inside, the mini-game of active pregnancy and even not fertilizing, she becomes pregnant ... And when finished outside, it happens as I described above, with her informing that she is pregnant again.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
When finished inside, the mini-game of active pregnancy and even not fertilizing, she becomes pregnant ... And when finished outside, it happens as I described above, with her informing that she is pregnant again.
In all sex scenes?

Do you use mods?

If you attach a save file here I can check what might be broken. No promises, though.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
It's from today's stream and it'll be Tony's and Maria's apartment in the new building. It's 99% for the next update though.

Looks like the guy who runs that understood something wrong.
In the insta page it says that this account it's the main one who DC uses, not so sure about that though.

suwanka

Dec 27, 2018
I agree with you that it's weird, but that's a consequence of this game being developed piece-meal and each individual character getting their own isolated storyline. At some point the plan is to combine everything together into a unified dating system that should reflect the fact that you can't reasonably sleep with 15 different women without at least one or two of them making some form of acknowledgement or getting angry, but trying to update such a system with each successive release would be maddening. The amount of bitching about bugs and the delays caused by the fixing thereof that we get around here is bad enough without adding another thing to break.

Something to look forward to whenever this game is finished, which at the current pace should be in about 4 years or so. :LOL:
I'm cool with how it is now. TBH, if it never gets resolved would be ok too. I would prefer it over a bad retcon. It is a fantasy after all.

I am looking forward to the next DC game because SS just seems to get better imo (as slow as the progress may be). Seeing that it started as a test game made the update timeline make so much more sense.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
In the insta page it says that this account it's the main one who DC uses, not so sure about that though.
Sadly it's indeed fake. Don't get me wrong, it produces good content, but it's not related to DC in any way. He doesn't have any social media besides the which is run by his wife. He himself said many times that he only uses picarto and discord.

Edit: And of course patreon and his own website.

Last edited:
Reactions: otranu

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
Sadly it's indeed fake. Don't get me wrong, it produces good content, but it's not related to DC in any way. He doesn't have any social media besides the which is run by his wife. He himself said many times that he only uses picarto and discord.

Edit: And of course patreon and his own website.
Oh I thought was an official account but i guess it's not...thank you for letting me know.

dante86

Jun 30, 2018
Does anyone know when 0.20 comes out that on page I have seen 99% for a couple of days

4.00 star(s) 367 Votes