naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
"This guy removed almost all content after two years of stringing along people" isnt a useful review? Are you fucking with me?
Lol, right

I think the most absurd comment I've ever seen on this thread was from the guy who said that Patreons don't give money in the hope that it will help the game's production, they give money to win wallpapers and participate in discord, and I think "what ?" If you really want to throw money away, please send it to me, I guarantee that paying my bills is a more noble cause than giving money to DC to produce wallpapers.

iHellraiser

Jan 16, 2021
Jokes aside, this is something to worry about.

If DC did it, the moron from Milfy City did it, any VN creator can do it.
The future of AVNs hangs in the balance.

I have supported some devs, I have paid for some visual novel steam games, thank goodness I never supported this garbage creator but those who did it and continue doing it, should think twice, if they want the future of these games to progress .
(although looking at it from one side the AIs are already screwing up, lol)

Last edited:

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Imagine if your dad did this to you. He's been gone for 3+ years and he suddenly shows up on the doorstep with a pillowcase in his hand. He smiles big and says it's a gift for you. Excitedly, you open up the pillowcase and see it's a shiny PS4 and three games. Well that's odd, you think to yourself, you already have a PS4 and those same three games. You slowly walk to your room and notice that your PS4 is missing, along with all your games! Your father says not to worry and promises that you will be getting more 'presents' every two months now. You remember him saying the exact same thing, just before he disappeared 3 years ago. As you ponder over this turn of events, you see a silhouette of your dad disappear into the night, his laughter still ringing in your ears.

This is basically the gist of what happened.
This comment almost killed me laughing

Reactions: Adoringfan

Zentus

Jun 17, 2017
I agree with all of you. You wait so long to get a "demo" without sound da%%it. Even games made by very small developers have a sound system to allow you to enjoy the game. What a scam.

PS: I have always supported the project with a few euros, and this makes me very sad

• Sad
Reactions: naoligopraisso

MrAndyARG

Oct 2, 2020
this man's been way too comfortable with his donos, greed got the best of him, now he lives off of his supporters with nothing to offer, sorry for those who paid for this guy's 2 year vacation.

Reactions: FlexBewLeak

jokesaside1

Jan 18, 2022
I don't really follow news for in-development games, so when I saw "pre-tech, I always thought "tech" meant we were going to go off to tech school or something and were getting another big map and story with new characters. Not that they were basically just remastering the game.

I get wanting to remaster it in widescreen and higher res and everything, but it's really not that important, and that shouldn't have taken away from regular updates and certainly shouldn't have taken content out of the game. What they should have done is hire people to do the remaster progress while continuing to work on the normal updates. Then released the remaster when it caught up. The game is making plenty of money for that. There's no reason for people to have to have waited more than 2 years without updates, just to get a game with cut content.

And really, this is a pointless update. The game was doing great as it was and being widescreen doesn't really add or change anything substantial. Except getting people to pay them for longer. This whole thing really just reeks of a dev being almost done, and freaking out that they're going to lose their cash cow. So instead of just finishing and moving on to a new project, they're doing everything they can to milk this one. It's always so sad to see devs who have so little confidence in themselves and their audience.
If this is the "tech-update", I don't know how he would put the "scheduled" updates for Annie, Rhonda and Judith, if all the game is getting remastered, They could've just finished this game the way it was with already existing characters and work a side project for "Summertime Saga 2" or whatever, like MC going to college or whatever with this "new engine" and shit

Trakzer

Oct 3, 2017
anyone got any clue where to go when they lock you out of the house in this new and unimproved update? where theres a police car in front of the house, idk if it's just me but the only things to do in this new update is going back and forth between jenny and debbie and visiting empty houses with no one inside to interact with

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
They even disabled the comment section on patreon, that speaks for itself, discord has the same queens ruling and banning/censoring as they prefer and here you know how it goes.
There's nothing positive regards this so-called (part of) update.
View attachment 3694949
He even pranked his patreons before dropping the update,this guy is laughing his ass off all the way back to the bank.

Reactions: Sam2537 and pbr68

muhu1

Jan 14, 2023
True, I forgot about that game. But even that was like 5 years ago and I don't know any other game where they made a new thread for the remake.
I kind of get why mods wouldn't want to do that, since every dev seems to do remakes now. It would just be a pain in the ass.
Urban Demons ...

M.Blackstone

Jun 27, 2022
So what the hell has this update been about? Did he port the game to a new engine or something? Or is it just an inane rewrite of the game that's still in Renpy?
it's still in Renpy (using the latest version it seems, 8.2.1 released in March 2024), but the changelog included doesn't help much to know what's really changed in the code itself.
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
# 21.0.0

## Tech Update

- Overview
  - Art assets have been re-exported at a much higher widescreen resolution.
  - The entire codebase has been rebuilt from scratch to improve performance and better support planned features.
  - The posing has been updated to take advantage of new codebase, and the higher resolution assets.

beryn

May 8, 2017
"This guy removed almost all content after two years of stringing along people" isnt a useful review? Are you fucking with me?
If that is the only thing you wrote it doesn't fulfill the criteria/rules, so that could be the reason it was removed.

Bajherria

Oct 16, 2017
I used to love this game. It was one of the games that got me onto F95. I played this rather religiously if I'm honest. But now? Now there's nothing here anymore. I never supported this game, at times I felt bad, now I'm happy. I waited for this tech upgrade, even as I read the comments in this thread, there was something in me that hoped this tech upgrade would be amazing, that the wait would still somehow be worth it. It isn't. It's actually terrible. I at least thought the tech-upgrade, taking so long would at least encompass everything developed so far, and then new content would start coming. But there's barely any content, nothing new, and nothing to see. In fact, I don't personally see any major improvements either.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
Brother I made several games with Renpy and I've experiment with it and it's code for a long time it's not a Unity engine where you have complicated program languages and other stuff it's a VN engine and it's the easiest tool out there for VN's I'm speaking on this matter because I know how this thing works and it doesn't take this long

don't you love it when the computer illiterates call you computer illiterate?

beryn

May 8, 2017
And, deleted my review, good

Almost none of the 1 star reviews that I have seen posted, even though they are completely fair, are not objective.
Most of them have been about the creator/dev, the update time and not the game.

Did your review follow the rules?
Review Rules
  1. Try to be objective, describe your reasoning and highlight what key aspects of the content were good or bad.
  2. Do not mention games from other developers in your review, this is to prevent cross promotion.
  3. The review should only be about the game, not the developer (pricing, update times, etc).
  4. There is a 200 character requirement, do not attempt to bypass this by using spam or irrelevant comments. Do not mention or comment on the 200 character limit, this is not the place to complain about forum rules.
  5. Your review shouldn't be solely focused on your feelings about a specific genre or detail of the game.
  6. Do not review your own game or games you've worked on.
  7. Must be in English, as stated in General Rules 1 - 5. Exception is translation threads.

4.00 star(s) 367 Votes