Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Super Powered: Better Experience [v1.11] [Anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
presentation.jpg

Overview:

This mod tend to provide a better experience when you play the game, while keeping the game behavior and spirit. To achieve this, it do such things as redesign the girls' stats page and some notifications, to make them better looking and less invasive. This mod also give you control over (almost) every random part of the game, add helpers, and provide some cheats. It also include a scene tracker, that double as a kind of walkthrough since it give you the conditions needed for the scene and tell you how to trigger it ; but all this in an, alas, limited way.
All this came with an in-game configuration interface (available by pressing SHIFT + HOME at anytime during the game) which let you enable/disable/tweak each feature individually. And the whole mod is none-intrusive. It can be removed at anytime without problems and, unless real big change, should be compatible with any future version.

Updated: 2 March 2022
Game/Creator: Super Powered [ ]
Modder: anne O'nymous
Mod Version: 1.11
Game Version: 0.45.03
Warning: Due to a major change in the original code, the mod is no longer compatible with a version prior to 0.42.00.
Language: English
Compatibility:
Incompatibility: Don't works with the radioactive mod ; it twist and alter the original code way too much for mine to be compatible without a version dedicated to the mod's code and not the game's one.

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Configuration interface :

Limitations and known issue(s) :

Final Notes:

Note that this thread is for discussions about the mod. If your question/comment address the game, please wrote it directly in the game's thread.

If you found this useful, consider giving a like as thanks and/or encouragement to do more.

Last edited:

MattC95

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Not sure if it's just me, but the vast majority of variables aren't visible on the character pages. Everything is enabled in the config menu, even the cheats. Playing with v0.36 btw.

Edit: Hugging, kissing and groping seem to skip any kind of images too. Not sure if this is a fault with the main game or the mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghouldigger

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Not sure if it's just me, but the vast majority of variables aren't visible on the character pages. Everything is enabled in the config menu, even the cheats.
To not spoil the spirit of the game, they will be visible only when billy will have the right power.

MattC95

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
To not spoil the spirit of the game, they will be visible only when billy will have the right power.
Got ya. Thanks. There was an issue with the first three interactions, I just edited my post but I'm not sure if Radioactive added those images in, or it's a fault with the current version of the game.

Reactions: Pyromancy

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
There was an issue with the first three interactions, I just edited my post but I'm not sure if Radioactive added those images in, or it's a fault with the current version of the game.
I know that there's sometimes weird things with the images, like some kind of flashback of what you've seen previously. It come from the game itself that sometimes have images that pack on top of a previous one.

This said, it can also be my mod. I past a long time testing it with previous version, but there's so much content and so much possibilities, that I can have missed few things.
There's also a small issue when loading a saved file. It don't break the game, but for few dialog lines, it feel weird. Normally I fixed it, but I obviously can't have tested by saving at all the possible points, so perhaps :/

Anyway, don't hesitate to tell me it there's issues that seem to repeat or things like that. And it also apply to everyone using my mod.

Reactions: MattC95

ultorem13

Sep 10, 2018
I got this persistent stats bar (Sister Favor) its a new game not some save :) and it changes with other interactions ( mom or girls) superpowered error.JPG

Reactions: jason95821

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I got this persistent stats bar (Sister Favor)
Strange, it's the original bar ; the one from the mod have no background and is lower on the screen.

Open the console (it's enabled by the mod) and type renpy.hide_screen( "stats_overlay" ), it should hide the bar.

Then, press the keys shift + home (at the same time) to open the configuration menu.
Menu "notifications improvements" -> "Less invasive stat's bar", is the feature effectively enabled ?
If yes, try to disable it, close the configuration menu, wait two/three seconds, open the menu again and enable it.

If you can also give me a save file where the problem appear, I'll take a look at it and try to figure out why it happen.

ultorem13

Sep 10, 2018
Strange, it's the original bar ; the one from the mod have no background and is lower on the screen.

Open the console (it's enabled by the mod) and type renpy.hide_screen( "stats_overlay" ), it should hide the bar.

Then, press the keys shift + home (at the same time) to open the configuration menu.
Menu "notifications improvements" -> "Less invasive stat's bar", is the feature effectively enabled ?
If yes, try to disable it, close the configuration menu, wait two/three seconds, open the menu again and enable it.

If you can also give me a save file where the problem appear, I'll take a look at it and try to figure out why it happen.
TYVM for the help :) solved the issue with the "notification improvments" "Less invasive stat's bar" enabled-disabled-re enabled, without using console :)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
TYVM for the help :) solved the issue with the "notification improvments" "Less invasive stat's bar" enabled-disabled-re enabled, without using console :)
Like disabling revert to the original content, generally when something weird like this happen, disabling/re enabling is the solution.

Still it shouldn't have happened in first place, so I'll look at it.

jokerhaze

Mar 12, 2019
Mod seems to be disabling the first 3 physical contact interactions(hug, kiss, and grope) images from showing. In other words instead of clicking hug for whatever girl and then getting an image of said hug accompanied by text saying that you hugged, all we are getting is the text with the normal standing image. I find it unlikely that this is a normal game bug(and i'm not sure about whatever flashback thing you mentioned before) but i will test a new game on an unmodded version and come back later with an update

Edit:No need to test I've found the problem it's the "less invasive stat changes" option that's causing these images to not function properly. My guess would be that they are somehow tied to the text that comes up for the stat and the mod doesn't consider an image is missing, it just gets rid of the stat change text in favor of its own text resulting in the missing image.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I find it unlikely that this is a normal game bug [...]
No, you're right, the image should be shown. Don't know (yet) why they aren't, I'll look at this and fix it once I come back at home.

i will test a new game on an unmodded version and come back later with an update
You don't need an unmodded version to test it. Just disable "notification improvements" -> "Less invasive stats changes" and you'll have the default behavior.

Like said on OP, every single feature can be configured individually, which imply that for almost each one you can return to the default behavior at anytime. There's few restrictions when it's a complex situation that imply more than a single feature, but technically if you disable everything, then you have an numodded game despite the presence of the mod.

jokerhaze

Mar 12, 2019
I didn't pay attention to if any of the files overwrote anything so a clean unpack was just the easier way. Plus i was planning on keeping a separate one for radioactive anyways.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I updated the mod with two fixes.

The first one to solve the problem pointed by ultorem13 .
The second to bring back the images for "hug", "kiss" and "grope", that wasn't showing (how have I missed this ?) like said by jokerhaze . While I was at this, I did a little tweak. Now the said images are shown on a darkened background, which look better.

You don't really need to download the update unless you really want to see the three images in this play, or encountered the same problem than ultorem13 .

Don't hesitate to tell me if you encounter other problems. Like it's the first public release, there's perhaps other things that I missed. I hope not, but I'm just human after all.

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017

seems like the defualt delay is set to high think it was 4.5

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
seems like the defualt delay is set to high think it was 4.5
Er... which delay ?
In the mod there isn't one that have a default value of 4.5. The highest value is 4.0, for the attribute change (since they are stacked on the left bottom corner of the screen) and the ranking notification (since it happen rarely and it warn you that you can start training another talent).
And in the game, as far as I remember there isn't delay at all.

As for the problem he encountered, it was my fault. I test few values to see if I have to install the modded stat bar, and for one of them, it wasn't the right value. But like the test rarely go this far, I haven't seen it before.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I like the interface. The option to gossip via phone is also a nice touch. The fact that it isn't version dependent is nice as well (assuming the dev doesn't update something that breaks it). I was much happier with my Babysitter mod after I managed to tweak it so that it was not version dependent. Makes updating so much nicer (and not dependent on the timeline for the base game).

BillyPC

Dec 17, 2018
I really like your mod! It is unfortunate that it won't work with any of my Saves (as I was using the Radioactive Mod, and that makes my saves require a current Radioactive Mod to work). Now I have to decide if I want to start from scratch in order to use your mod- which is tempting since your mod is so nice.

The only feature your Mod doesn't have, that may be a deal breaker, is the lack of the Hints feature that radioactive has. This feature of his is great to see what you have missed with each girl, and can give a basic hint as to what is needed to trigger a scene you have missed. As a completionist, I have been trying to find every scene and having something to keep track of competed scenes is a god send. If you ever add such a feature I will probably be willing to start all over from scratch using your Mod, since it really is great. Keep up the good work, what you have done is very impressive.

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
Any chance the keys can be reconfigured for those of us whose keyboards lack a HOME key?

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
I use a macbook and I don`t have a HOME button or a * on a seperate keypad to use. I have to Shift + : to make a *...... so I have no access to the cheat adjustment menu after the game starts.

Is there a way that I can change the keybindings myself?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote