Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Super Powered: Better Experience [v1.11] [Anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Is there a way that I can change the keybindings myself?
Any chance the keys can be reconfigured for those of us whose keyboards lack a HOME key?
There's always SHIFT + * but I assume that it will not help you much.

As for how to change the key binding, open the file "AONmod.rpy" with any text editor. Then, right after the comments (the lines starting with '#') add :
Code:
init 1000 python:
    config.keymap["AONmodCenter"].append( "shift_K_BACKSPACE" )
This example add SHIFT + backspace as keys to open the configuration menu. If you want another binding, you can find the list of the syntax for it, .

There's also the possibility to access the said configuration menu from the console by typing AON (the pressing the ENTER key).

Edit: It wasn't this much a problem with my previous production, so I didn't thought about it before. But starting the next update of the mod, I'll add the instructions and an example directly in the "AONmod.rpy" file.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think there might be an issue with the phone display for Mom. I think I have her fetish unlocked but it's not mentioned in the phone stats. I've done all of the personal questions as well as the series taking her to the coffee shop. Unless the dev changed her fetish. She no longer has any options for personal questions and taking her to the coffee shop no longer does anything fetish related.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I think there might be an issue with the phone display for Mom. I think I have her fetish unlocked but it's not mentioned in the phone stats. I've done all of the personal questions as well as the series taking her to the coffee shop. Unless the dev changed her fetish. She no longer has any options for personal questions and taking her to the coffee shop no longer does anything fetish related.
I'll look at that, thanks for the report.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] so it does seem to just be a phone issue.
It's, alas, more than possible.
I learned one thing doing this mod, it's to never implement every ideas you've in mind in a single time ; especially with a game that already have so much content. There's way to much things to do and you'll miss too much little details.
It will be better in some times, partly with the help of all the reports made by the users. And at least once a problem is solved, it will stay solved for all the future updates of the mod. But right now... well, at least there's apparently not too many problems, it's a good thing I guess ;)

Reactions: ultorem13

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I was actually wrong about the phone display. I didn't notice there is a scroll bar for it. It has the right status, just had to scroll down.

Socky34

Sep 14, 2018
I keep getting this error for Chelsea, Mary, and SuLynn. Any ideas on how to fix this?
I have no other mods installed.

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
I get this error every time I try to look at Mom and sis' profile on the phone

edit: it seems like the issue is triggered by "wild oats"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Looking at the screenshots this mod looks very interesting and helpful for not missing out on various events. Looks like you for the moment have enough bug reports to deal with, but for the future would it require a lot of work to make it compatible with Radioactive?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I keep getting this error for Chelsea, Mary, and SuLynn.
I get this error every time I try to look at Mom and sis' profile on the phone
I'm at works right now so I can only guess, but I would say that I miss wrote "wild oats" somewhere. I will fix it once I'm at home again.

[...] but for the future would it require a lot of work to make it compatible with Radioactive?
Honestly I don't know for sure.
My mod works by putting itself on top of the original code, therefore if there's too many change in the said original code (what the Radioactive mod do), it create a lot of problem.
You can see it like a bathtub that have exactly the right size for your bathroom. You buy it, and once you go back at home, you learn that one of the bathroom's wall need to be redone. If it's redone with the exact same size, your good. Same if it's redone less thick, you can always find a way to fill the empty part. But if it will be a more thick, boom, you're doomed, the bathtub will not be able to fit.

So, it all depend of how much the modifications made by Radioactive change the code, and how many of those changes I have to deal with. It can perhaps be easier than I think, like it can be totally impossible.
Looking more deeply at the problem is part of my todo list, but for now I'll concentrate on fixing the little thing I haven't seen myself.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I'm at works right now so I can only guess, but I would say that I miss wrote "wild oats" somewhere. I will fix it once I'm at home again.
It was low at works, so I had time to look at it, and I forgot the 's' once.

Socky34 and YameteDesu (or anyone having the same error), can you download the attached file and put it in the "game" folder (so it will replace the actual "AONmod.rpy" file), and confirm that it effectively solve the error ?
Because for some reason the error don't appear for me. And while I can do external things at works, it doesn't mean that I can start playing a game to try to trigger the error.

Reactions: YameteDesu

Socky34

Sep 14, 2018
anne O'nymous I downloaded and installed it and it wouldn't load the game saying things were defined twice. So had to delete the files to get it to work again. Couldn't export the error to a text file unfortunately.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
anne O'nymous I downloaded and installed it and it wouldn't load the game saying things were defined twice.
It's a well know error of Ren'py, and it come from Ren'py, not directly from my mod.
It's due to the fact that you used unren, or perhaps directly unrpyc, and that my mod enable the developer mod of Ren'py.

So had to delete the files to get it to work again. Couldn't export the error to a text file unfortunately.
Which is the opposite of what you should have done to solve the problem. When you encounter this error after "decompiling" the rpyc files (why doing that ?), the solution is to just launch Ren'py again, and this time it will works fine without complain.

As for the "Wild Oats" error, I'll update the OP with the corrected code tonight (for me), time to see if someone found another error.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
As for the "Wild Oats" error, I'll update the OP with the corrected code tonight (for me), time to see if someone found another error.
Yesterday night was more filled that I expected, so I can't do update until now.

Like for the previous update of the mod, you don't need to download this version if you don't encounter the crash when a girl have the "Wild Oats" mind effect.

To try to keep some constancy, I'll update the version number of the mod only when there's effective changes that need everybody to download the new version. In case of simple bug fix, I'll just add/change the letter after the said version number. This way, you'll not pass your time downloading an update that you don't needed.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenient. A full day without bug report, perhaps that this time there isn't anymore :D

Reactions: kalifianto

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Does the Mod work for that one??
Like said in the first message of the thread, normally it should.

It's past 2AM here, so I just launched an automated download+install, but I'll test and look at what's new only tomorrow.

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
I already posted this in the game thread and there is currently a known tutorial bug(Hey dummy) causing bug similar to this(dynamicImage) confirm by Baal7734
I repost here because i notice the...
File "L:\compile/game\AON-packages\AONmod.py", line 1708, in AONpause
Which look very strange since i don't have a L:\ drive... and the slash in path name // \\ are going different way.
Drive letter, slash pointing different way, and AONpause//renpy.pause()... Are the extent of my coding expertise. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I repost here because i notice the...
File "L:\compile/game\AON-packages\AONmod.py", line 1708, in AONpause
Which is just an alternate call to the "pause" of Ren'py. There's no images displayed here.
It's just the first "interaction" after the display, therefore the place where Ren'py decided to complain. It's one of the few things I really dislike about Ren'py, the traceback can be totally obscure and misleading sometimes :( I don't count the hours I lost search in the opposite way because of this.

Anyway, the mod don't interact with the hj, bj and quickies. There's dialog and more than one image, therefore there's no reason for a less invasive notification, since it's not a notification.

Which look very strange since i don't have a L:\ drive
It don't refer to your computer, but to the computer where the pyo file was generated. And I have a drive "L", in fact my drives even actually goes up to "N" (and yes, they are all physical drives).

Reactions: w993602388
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote