JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
what I found weird is that MC could use hard light at the start of the game, but now he cannot do it again.
I think the reason is that MC absorbed/copied the ability without realizing he did it but only activated it subconsciously. If he can consciously figure out what the trigger is then he would be able to start using it at will and then master it, but unless he can convince Riley to throw a bunch of trucks at him over and over he's going to have to work that out some other way.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I think the reason is that MC absorbed/copied the ability without realizing he did it but only activated it subconsciously. If he can consciously figure out what the trigger is then he would be able to start using it at will and then master it, but unless he can convince Riley to throw a bunch of trucks at him over and over he's going to have to work that out some other way.
well those trucks wouldn't hurt him anyways but where they would get many trucks and where they'd practice? don't think there's junkyard in town.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Yea Riley.

Riley being able to phase would mean she could FLY through solid matter. I do recall her being able to fly using her power.

I though Riley was able to surpass her normal strength using her tactile telekinesis, that's partly how she's able to fly.

Chrys or Valentina having invisibility and phasing at the same time to become the ultimate spy is something I had been thinking about

MCs grandfather mastering his power only means that MC would copy the power faster, so he's still need more physical contact until he's completely copied it. It's just like with Queen Unbreakable, she's mastered her powers, but MC still needed continued contact to be able to copy her powers

I'd say there are probably more people with the hardlight powers, but if MCs grandfather was famous worldwide for using those powers, and those powers were already rare, I can see people being relutant in using those powers for good or ill lest they get negative attention because of Hardlight
No Riley can't surpass her strength, that's why she works out so hard and is not so muscular. but yeah, she can fly by applying her power on herself.

we don't know much about Valentina's invisibility. maybe she can share it to others, like Chrys can share her phasing. so right now, they can be a spy duo :)

maybe the hard light has a negative image, sure, but if a hero uses it for good, it should balance out the public perception of it. and by now, with the entire society being used to powers, it should be common to think that powers are just tools, and it's the individual that is to blame.

of course, he used it subconsciously. that's the whole point of the scene :)
and he used lovestruck's, ferocitease's, harper's, riley's and mrs powell's powers subconsciously too.
now he is aware of his own power, and he uses both super strength consciously, he also used lovestruck's power consciously even though he barely touched her two or three times max.
he should be able to use hard light constructs. it's a really useful power, so he should train for it, and go touch his grandpa often. :D also, he can just ask his granddad how to use the power, he can't find a better teacher for that power anywhere else.
the same for harper, he should train to use her power consciously, especially since he might be able to combine it with riley's power or superstrength.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
No Riley can't surpass her strength, that's why she works out so hard and is not so muscular. but yeah, she can fly by applying her power on herself.

we don't know much about Valentina's invisibility. maybe she can share it to others, like Chrys can share her phasing. so right now, they can be a spy duo :)

maybe the hard light has a negative image, sure, but if a hero uses it for good, it should balance out the public perception of it. and by now, with the entire society being used to powers, it should be common to think that powers are just tools, and it's the individual that is to blame.

of course, he used it subconsciously. that's the whole point of the scene :)
and he used lovestruck's, ferocitease's, harper's, riley's and mrs powell's powers subconsciously too.
now he is aware of his own power, and he uses both super strength consciously, he also used lovestruck's power consciously even though he barely touched her two or three times max.
he should be able to use hard light constructs. it's a really useful power, so he should train for it, and go touch his grandpa often. :D also, he can just ask his granddad how to use the power, he can't find a better teacher for that power anywhere else.
the same for harper, he should train to use her power consciously, especially since he might be able to combine it with riley's power or superstrength.
The thing is that Grandpa said he never learned how to hold back (that's why his last encounter with Queen Unbreakable's friends ended the way it ended) so I don't think he would be a great teacher. But I agree with the general idea of maximizing their physical contact so that the MC can start using his light-related powers. Just... not tactical cuddling, please.

But the girls in the Academy (bar Riley) are not great teachers either because they are still learning how to control their own powers, which prevents the MC from training those powers consciously: he can't progress until they progress first. They are nowhere near Lovestruck in that regard: she has mastered her powers, which is why a few contacts with her were enough to start that bike but probably won't allow the MC to throw lightning bolts around even if he wanted (they need more contact); on the other hand, he can't even replicate Harper's at will despite their extensive contact - because she's still 'weaker'. Further developments from them will be quickly transferred to MC through skin contact, but they aren't there just yet.

Reactions: S1nsational

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
We could probably help you better if we could know what's the last main story bit you completed. As in, did you catch Lovestruck? Interrogated her at the special detention facility? Did you visit the ferrys wheel with Val?Or tried to catch the blonde girl riding the train? That kind of things.
I think that maybe that riding the Farris wheel was the last main story thing I did. It's been so long, can't be sure. Right now, I am using the map to pop into rooms where the girls are and seeing if that triggers anything. So far I have gone to the "beach" and now I am preparing to go on a hike with Harper. Progress is slow.

Does it matter if I cuddle when I sleep? To trigger stuff I mean.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I think that maybe that riding the Farris wheel was the last main story thing I did. It's been so long, can't be sure. Right now, I am using the map to pop into rooms where the girls are and seeing if that triggers anything. So far I have gone to the "beach" and now I am preparing to go on a hike with Harper. Progress is slow.

Does it matter if I cuddle when I sleep? To trigger stuff I mean.
Yes, it matters. I think you should complete the available cuddling sex scenes with Riley and Chrys

Reactions: Samhill

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
well he doesn't want to get touched by mc, at least not by bare skin.
he didn't have any issue the first time. he probably started wearing gloves after his conversation with Mrs Powell, or after he understood MC's power.

The thing is that Grandpa said he never learned how to hold back (that's why his last encounter with Queen Unbreakable's friends ended the way it ended) so I don't think he would be a great teacher. But I agree with the general idea of maximizing their physical contact so that the MC can start using his light-related powers. Just... not tactical cuddling, please.

But the girls in the Academy (bar Riley) are not great teachers either because they are still learning how to control their own powers, which prevents the MC from training those powers consciously: he can't progress until they progress first. They are nowhere near Lovestruck in that regard: she has mastered her powers, which is why a few contacts with her were enough to start that bike but probably won't allow the MC to throw lightning bolts around even if he wanted (they need more contact); on the other hand, he can't even replicate Harper's at will despite their extensive contact - because she's still 'weaker'. Further developments from them will be quickly transferred to MC through skin contact, but they aren't there just yet.
Actually, even if he didn't learn to hold back, he can teach MC how to use the power, and MC doesn't really need to hold back as long as he doesn't increase the touching too much :D and MC, knowing about the issue, can train for holding back too.

honestly, it's tough to say. yes, the fact that MC got Lovestruck's power at that level from just a touch or two should mean that she mastered her power, but then it also means she mastered it more than Riley and Mrs Powell considering the difference in touching, which doesn't seem likely, at least for Mrs Powell. it's probably just a plot convenience that creates a little plot hole.
but yeah, lovestruck has mastered it more than the other trainees. they are nurtured too much though, there is nothing that pushes them to increase their mastery, and the worse thing is that they are sent on patrols even though they don't control their power in any satisfactory manner.
Harper's case is weird though. we know she is at a good level, and she specifically trained her power and reached a higher level. for now, we don't know if MC can use the power consciously as he has not tried it again after the first time.
same for Chrys and Valentina, he never actively tried to use their power. he is probably waiting for it to happen by accident, unconsciously, like a trigger. but maybe, if he tried to focus and pull out each power and try to use it, it would have some kind of effect at least.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
he didn't have any issue the first time. he probably started wearing gloves after his conversation with Mrs Powell, or after he understood MC's power.
he didn't know at that time that mc is his grandson or something like that. since then he has worn gloves when mc is with him.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
he didn't know at that time that mc is his grandson or something like that. since then he has worn gloves when mc is with him.
He did know, that's why he came to see him, and why he bought the shop. the reason for the gloves is not explicitly told to us, but I would think it's because Unbreakable told him the nature of MC's power. whether she also told him to avoid touching MC, or he decided to do it himself to protect MC, I don't think we got told.

Reactions: Steppenwolf

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
He did know, that's why he came to see him, and why he bought the shop. the reason for the gloves is not explicitly told to us, but I would think it's because Unbreakable told him the nature of MC's power. whether she also told him to avoid touching MC, or he decided to do it himself to protect MC, I don't think we got told.
she did AFTER mc's powers manifested, uncle told to mc later (af ms powell was kidnapped).

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
she did AFTER mc's powers manifested, uncle told to mc later (af ms powell was kidnapped).
who is "uncle" ? and what do you mean after MC's power manifested ? it manifested in the intro... :D that's what kickstarts the whole story.
I think she went to see MC's grandfather quite quickly, as she was suspicious about MC's power after witnessing the hard light that he created. at first, she wanted to investigate to track down her old nemesis and get some form of justice or revenge for closure. so having MC close by would be helpful for her investigation. then she saw MC couldn't do it again, and was sincere, so she quickly understood his real power and worked actively to pass on her own power. she is very touchy with MC every time they interact. even as early as the hospital room, I think.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
who is "uncle" ? and what do you mean after MC's power manifested ? it manifested in the intro... :D that's what kickstarts the whole story.
I think she went to see MC's grandfather quite quickly, as she was suspicious about MC's power after witnessing the hard light that he created. at first, she wanted to investigate to track down her old nemesis and get some form of justice or revenge for closure. so having MC close by would be helpful for her investigation. then she saw MC couldn't do it again, and was sincere, so she quickly understood his real power and worked actively to pass on her own power. she is very touchy with MC every time they interact. even as early as the hospital room, I think.
uncle is that grandfather and he visited in store before attack and mc's and his hands touched briefly before before mc's powers manifested and since then used gloves on meetings with mc. yes she is very touchy all the time.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
uncle is that grandfather and he visited in store before attack and mc's and his hands touched briefly before before mc's powers manifested and since then used gloves on meetings with mc. yes she is very touchy all the time.
yeah, the grandfather visits MC in the intro... why are you saying it again ? we already established that.
and yeah, the next time we see the grandfather again, he has the gloves. but it's a long time after the story started. by that time, Mrs Powell visited him several times already. she did it enough times that it became a pattern to be exploited for her kidnapping.

she is very touchy with MC especially and her touches linger longer than necessary. not with the others.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Now that we know that the villains can copy powers by extracting blood, I'm wondering why there are no new villains with Mrs Powell's power popping up everywhere, as they kidnapped her and can extract as much blood as they want.
maybe they can't copy powers that easily ? or they don't have needles strong enough be able to pierce her skin ? so the first time, they stole her blood from somewhere else other than the hospital ?

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Now that we know that the villains can copy powers by extracting blood, I'm wondering why there are no new villains with Mrs Powell's power popping up everywhere, as they kidnapped her and can extract as much blood as they want.
maybe they can't copy powers that easily ? or they don't have needles strong enough be able to pierce her skin ? so the first time, they stole her blood from somewhere else other than the hospital ?
As I recall Mrs Powell has two powers; Super Durability and Super Strength. Her level of strength would destroy her own body if she didn't have the Super Durability. My guess is that the people who can copy powers can't pick and chose which to copy. Copying Mrs Powell's Super Strength is dangerously self harming alone. Villains could be walking around with Mrs Powell's Super Durability, but it's just a lot more subtle a power, under most circumstances it's not going to be very evident. There probably aren't any though.

4.10 star(s) 89 Votes