cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
she is very touchy with MC especially and her touches linger longer than necessary. not with the others.
she won't/can't lead team on field so that role drops on mc's laps and for that he needs her powers. or she knew about villains plans to kidnap her.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
As I recall Mrs Powell has two powers; Super Durability and Super Strength. Her level of strength would destroy her own body if she didn't have the Super Durability. My guess is that the people who can copy powers can't pick and chose which to copy. Copying Mrs Powell's Super Strength is dangerously self harming alone. Villains could be walking around with Mrs Powell's Super Durability, but it's just a lot more subtle a power, under most circumstances it's not going to be very evident. There probably aren't any though.
that's an interesting theory!
in my mind, the super durability is the other side of real super strength. it's the same power and you can't have super strength without durability. but you're right, it could be two separate powers.
but then, would MC copy all powers from the people he touches, or does he also get just one at random ?
it's not explained if people can get two powers at birth. for now, we only saw people with a single innate power. only the villains injected with the serums could have two for now.
but for those villains, is the artificial power copyable ? MC could only get darkvision from ferocitease, why didn't he get the polymorph power too ?

she won't/can't lead team on field so that role drops on mc's laps and for that he needs her powers. or she knew about villains plans to kidnap her.
she can, as she had harper with her in the intro. but she probably want them to manage without her, and having MC as the leader of the team because he brings them together is her plan for the future. she is not immortal, she has to plan for when she won't be around anymore too. whether of not she knew about the kidnapping or not. i don't think she knew as she wouldn't want to leave the city defenseless for that long.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
that's an interesting theory!
in my mind, the super durability is the other side of real super strength. it's the same power and you can't have super strength without durability. but you're right, it could be two separate powers.
but then, would MC copy all powers from the people he touches, or does he also get just one at random ?
it's not explained if people can get two powers at birth. for now, we only saw people with a single innate power. only the villains injected with the serums could have two for now.
but for those villains, is the artificial power copyable ? MC could only get darkvision from ferocitease, why didn't he get the polymorph power too ?
i'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated that she has two powers. That her strength and durability are separate, but that her having both is what allows her to use the great degree of super strength that she has. Traditionally, you'd be right that super strength and super duribility would be one and the same power. But it's like how in some media immortality gets separated from invulnerability when typically invulnerability is part of immortality.

I'd say MC would copy both given how he copied both of Mrs Powell's powers. If MCs power is to copy powers I don't think the number would be the issue.

Again, I'm almost positive it was said that Mrs Powell actually has two powers, but they tend to work together as one. I'm pretty sure this was explained around the time we were told that there's no "flying" power. That everyone who can fly are using a different power in a way that allows them to fly. So Haper can fly by lifting herself with power, as can Reily. Someone who can manipulate gravity could fly by removing gravity for themselves as an example.

I'd say the artificial power can't be copied at all. The artificial power is a temporary power granted by the drug. The way I see it is that MCs power copies the parts of peoples DNA that grants them their powers and adds it to his own. The borrowed powers from the drug don't actually alter the useres DNA, otherwise Felicity wouldn't have the problem she does. She'd have taken the shot, and have the shapeshifting power forever. But she doesnt, and her body can't replicate the power. So, to me, ut makes sense that MC can't copy the fake powers, there's nothing there to copy. Darkvision is Felicity's own power, it's in her DNA so MC was able to copy it.

Also, and not aimed at you specifically, but it occured to me, that the reason MC has been able to copy some powers faster than others is the ones he copied pretty easily are the ones that are consstantly "on". So Mrs Powell's duribility and Felicity's darkvision, they're both pasive powers, not active powers like all the others. Lighting girl's powers have some passive aspect to them which is why they can copied pretty fast if not masterfully so. Like MC was passively "currupting" Artemisia with the energy power, it wasn't an acitve use of the power.

Reactions: JJ1960

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
i'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated that she has two powers. That her strength and durability are separate, but that her having both is what allows her to use the great degree of super strength that she has. Traditionally, you'd be right that super strength and super duribility would be one and the same power. But it's like how in some media immortality gets separated from invulnerability when typically invulnerability is part of immortality.

I'd say MC would copy both given how he copied both of Mrs Powell's powers. If MCs power is to copy powers I don't think the number would be the issue.

Again, I'm almost positive it was said that Mrs Powell actually has two powers, but they tend to work together as one. I'm pretty sure this was explained around the time we were told that there's no "flying" power. That everyone who can fly are using a different power in a way that allows them to fly. So Haper can fly by lifting herself with power, as can Reily. Someone who can manipulate gravity could fly by removing gravity for themselves as an example.

I'd say the artificial power can't be copied at all. The artificial power is a temporary power granted by the drug. The way I see it is that MCs power copies the parts of peoples DNA that grants them their powers and adds it to his own. The borrowed powers from the drug don't actually alter the useres DNA, otherwise Felicity wouldn't have the problem she does. She'd have taken the shot, and have the shapeshifting power forever. But she doesnt, and her body can't replicate the power. So, to me, ut makes sense that MC can't copy the fake powers, there's nothing there to copy. Darkvision is Felicity's own power, it's in her DNA so MC was able to copy it.

Also, and not aimed at you specifically, but it occured to me, that the reason MC has been able to copy some powers faster than others is the ones he copied pretty easily are the ones that are consstantly "on". So Mrs Powell's duribility and Felicity's darkvision, they're both pasive powers, not active powers like all the others. Lighting girl's powers have some passive aspect to them which is why they can copied pretty fast if not masterfully so. Like MC was passively "currupting" Artemisia with the energy power, it wasn't an acitve use of the power.
Yeah, Missus Powell has 2 different powers. I think Miranda and maybe Riley or Harper explained that it's a rare combination and mentioned that other heroes with superstrength had to retire somewhat early because their bodies ended up broken under that effort.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: S1nsational

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
As I recall Mrs Powell has two powers; Super Durability and Super Strength. Her level of strength would destroy her own body if she didn't have the Super Durability. My guess is that the people who can copy powers can't pick and chose which to copy. Copying Mrs Powell's Super Strength is dangerously self harming alone. Villains could be walking around with Mrs Powell's Super Durability, but it's just a lot more subtle a power, under most circumstances it's not going to be very evident. There probably aren't any though.
Miranda told us about this actually. She said the only person with super strength was Mrs P because all the others retired and not well because the strain on their bodies was too much. So yes its 2 different powers.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: S1nsational

Mastertrkr

Nov 11, 2019
Anyone else getting this??? Going to her door and it says that it's locked. I've even tried loading a save for the previous version and redoing all of the events. I still haven't triggered any of the new content for this patch. Any ideas?
Screenshot 2024-09-26 212622.png

4.10 star(s) 89 Votes