VN - Ren'Py - Superhuman [v0.985] [WeirdWorld]

1. 5.00 star(s)

snake_27

I won't go into too much detail in the review because this AVN doesn't need it. It is easily in the top 6 of all time AVN, no doubt. The art style, the story, the characters... everything is top notch and quite unique.

Just play the game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

silentndeadly

I've been playing this game since it was around 1/20th of the file size.
    WeirdWorld keeps updating it, keeps the story going, and improving. It's actually almost as interesting to see it evolve as it is to play.

The story is great, in a suitably weird way. It's the edgiest teenager garbage, but it's so damn sincere and with such passion that it loops all the way back from cringe-inducing to legitimately-cool.
    The art follows suit, with it being rough and unpolished, even ugly at times, when it starts off to becoming potentially good enough to make a computer's wallpaper.

But the most impressive thing is that it keeps going, keeps delivering, and is a story that's going to be longer than a collection of novels if WeirdWorld has anything to say about it.

Superhuman is just a good, long read. I am always hyped when there's another update, since it will eat 4 hours of my life and I'll enjoy all of it vanishing.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Stopyking

This is the best game on this site. It has everything you need in a game, goth waifus, long combat sequences, the blood of your enemies and EMO HAIR! There is so much content and the game doesn't take up much storage space. And yes, the other reviews are correct, the art does get better as the story progresses.

Rating:
    Story: 10/10
    Characters: 10/10
    Art: 6/10
    Boobs: Humongous
    Emo Hair: LONG
  4. 1.00 star(s)

rukazer

I dont get why this game has so many 5 star reviews, its a basic visual novel, with terrible art work.
    The mc looks like emo on roids, all female models look the same and its feels too vanilla for a superhuman type novel
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Z72666

Playing since version 0-751 and from then until today, it has never disappointed me.
    A unique, different game, with a dark, futuristic, strange and timeless theme, with a world of mysteries and so much happening, it's really fascinating how this story manages to surprise me.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

LemonTree4

I found it hard to find a review of this game which is of 4 stars or lower, so I think I need to give it some necessary criticism. This review contains minor spoilers, however, after reading it all, I doubt you'll want to play this game.

This is a visual novel. I did not expect much, but the premise was incredible, albeit cheesy. Unfortunately, after pulling around 2 all-nighters playing it, the veil of novelty started to come off. It becomes apparent over time that the developer has no talent for writing whatsoever, turning a promising story into biohazard garbage. And since sex scenes are hard to come by because this game is carried by the story, when the story falls apart, what is the point of playing it?

Let's talk about the game's structure - It's a linear visual novel. There are no branching paths. It's as linear as you can get. It has a ton of logical fallacies. Our character can turn into an ant but needs to turn into a human to sneak into the enemy's lair. In some places can be recorded by cameras and blackmailed, in others not. Surrounded? Don't worry, the main character will just pop out his ultra instinct and kill everyone. The author writes up whatever's handy for him to work with and it's obvious, since he breaks many rules he made up himself. I'm also astounded how it has NOT EVEN ONCE been brought up that the transformations follow no rule of conservation of mass. Not even mentioned. Once.
    It has choices you can make every day, but they boil down to progressing a character's storyline. It doesn't matter when you start the storyline. For example, a character can have low grades, but after a month of in-game time, when you tackle the main story, you progress to that point in the character's storyline, you'll be still greeted with the character having a talk with their teacher about their bad performance. This is nonsense.

The main story is linear too, not giving the player any autonomy. Most of the time the player has multiple choices, most of them causing a bad end and a game over. It's an illusion of choice, you think to yourself "I'll come back to this part when I replay the game and make a different choice!". Well, it doesn't matter, because if you do, you'll lose. At that point, even making the bad endings "what if" scenarios doesn't add any much because your death is quick and brutal.

Fighting others, combat, relies on those choices. You are forced to choose, and if you choose wrong, you'll meet a dead end. There is no variety to combat. The worst part is that the choices are horribly described, the author almost taunting you with "go on, gamble". The choice descriptions often do not match the actual outcome (and the player's intention). In some cases both choices seem reasonable, but only one actually works out. The other leads you into certain death you could not have predicted. It's like asking the player "should you jump off a cliff or off a bridge"? And if the player chooses a cliff he dies, because the bridge is built over a river. Even though the cliff could also be placed over a river. That sums it up pretty well.
    The story is told both ways, sometimes through our character, sometimes through an omnipresent perspective. This means that we control our character and immerse ourselves into them, however, we still know things he doesn't. This is very frustrating to say at least, and sometimes ass pulls happen where the main character by perfect chance, at the right time, uncovers the valuable information we have already learned as players. The omnipresent perspective is often used to create new threads for the story and build up "arcs" like in fucking one piece to lengthen the story even more and bring forth new villains.
    The characters - They are abysmal. The trio of Liz, Amber and Derryl (who has a brother named Darryl) are the worst "characters" I have ever seen. They are the most uninteresting bunch from the entire game, and the author constantly forces you into interacting with them. Liz and Amber are ordinary girls who smoke weed and relax (they don't smoke weed but they act like it) while Derryl is an... ahem... black person who is your roommate. While interactions with Liz and Amber can be avoided, although barely because you're still forced into their storyline, you have to interact with Derryl daily, and you cannot kill him in the future, at least when he gets annoying enough. Despite being black he is apparently a genius with a brilliant mind and your best friend (although not to me). His entire personality is being horny like a rabbit, I wish I could kill him so he disappears from the game but the author decided to make him a key part of the story without making him any less annoying. All other characters range from passable to okay, but the trinity I have described is unavoidable and not interesting. While others have connections to the mafia, are great fighters and so on, those are just average.
    The main character - The Great. Self. Insert. He has long, black hair that covers his eyes like a hentai protagonist, is built like a greek god, every girl falls for him (because girls like strong guys). He does not change throughout the game, there is no development. He remains the same stupid teenager. Possibly at the end of the game when he is asked to kill God himself, he just replies "Uhuh, sure", because that's what he says upon agreeing. Yes, he expresses emotions. But after killing countless people, experiencing gut-wrenching brutality and being betrayed, nothing changed inside him. He remains the same reliable guy who impresses every girl he meets. Because he's both a blank slate we are supposed to project ourselves into and an actual character, which is a contradiction and a failure on the writer's end.

Combat with our character sucks. We are never dominating anyone while being dominated ourselves. Even after being given the ability to train ourselves, it is merely a skill check, not an improvement in combat prowess. We still get thrown around like ragdolls after ascending into a state of extreme power. We are always the underdogs. This makes no fight satisfying, no effort ever pays off, it's just a fight for survival. So even though our character can beat any guy he wants and have sex with any woman he wants, we still struggle with battling others. The writer cannot decide if this game is a power fantasy or a hobo simulator. He probably aims for something in between, but instead of making chocolate cake, instead throws both feces and golden glitter into a mixer, hoping that mashing two extremes against each other will work out.
    The combat deviates quickly from the estabilished premise of bodily modifications like in Prototype into a more power rangers style with bright pink lasers and energy orbs flying around. It just feels childish and silly.
    There are in fact many other problems I have not mentioned, but I will not bother anymore, because I am done with this novel. You can play it yourself, you can play it for free, but money cannot buy time, and it takes a long ass time to get anywhere in this game. Save yourself and play something else instead. If you're imagining this game, you're imagining it wrong. It's a disaster.
    Obviously, there is a person who disagrees with me, and someone I may have triggered. I will probably get nailed with "Play some more, it gets good 30 hours in!" and "It's a visual novel, it has the right to be shit!", well, to that I respond - get some fucking taste!!!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

old chicken

one of the few games on this site that really goes all in on superpowers, and it does it really well. i really enjoyed the plot and the mysterious world of the game, with multiple compelling story arcs and girls. probably in my top 3 favorite VNs here.
    the art style may not be for everyone but it grew like a charm on me.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

bigjohn21201

It's simply one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not sure which one I rank #1 Being a Dik or Superhuman, but these two have been perfect so far. The artwork may seem strange for some at first but the art has certainly improved in the later updates and the story is superb.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Boobasfett

Best Pgame ever, characthers, scene and everything. The story is fcking great too. i just love it, only default is that updates are too slow, because i want MORE and as homelander would say : PERFECT! perfect, to the minute detail.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Washington1234567

I love this game this game has to be one of the top 5 I love the fights,I love the lore and I love the characters This game is just one of the best. The art at first look made me avoid this game but I eventually caved in to try it out and wasn't disappointed.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

OnlyUsedForNever

I avoided this game for years because it looked like some sort of fuckfest game where you bang a bunch of bizzare monster creatures with off-putting and frankly disturbing art that relies way too much on huge tits.

I finally caved one day, and honestly, I'm kind of angry at the dev because the info page does not at all represent what this game really is:

A SUPERHERO HAREM GAME. And a fucking great one.

TL;DR- A superhero story of a guy balancing his social life with hot/adorable waifus alongside a secret crime fighting career. An absolute must-play if you’re into Spider-Man, Chainsaw Man, or One Punch Man, even if you find the art completely unappealing and have no interest in monster girls or oversized tits.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh and the music's great. I've been walkin down the street and sayin hello to the people I meet for weeks now someone help me
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Azhet

very good story, i play this game very long time ago. mybe before klaus arc, never comment and review. but yeah, this is my first message in this website and my first message are on my favorite game! Love this!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

-HelloThere-

This game is just one of the best on the site. If you find art off-putting, do not worry) Not only game has great story, but CG's become better and better as the game goes on. Scenes are cool and optional( not sure of all scenes, but all uncommon things 100% are)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Mad Dog.

Ya know, I tried playing this game once before and quit like 5 minutes in cause I couldn't get over the wacky ass art.

Three days ago I decided to try this game again and wow do I feel stupid for quitting so soon.

The story for this game is lit. It's actually crazy how hype this game can get. The fight scenes are incredibly engaging despite the game having no animation.

Characters like the MC, Alice, and Michael just exude a badass aura.

The various deadends are both funny and intense. Reminders of how badly the consequences of our choices can be.

The tiny amounts of 4th wall breaking by characters like the MC and Ella are hilarious.

My only complaint would probably be that I wasn't really interested in the Demi side quests.

I'd highly recommend trying this game out, the art can be a bit off-putting. However, the story draws you in and you get used to the art pretty fast.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

doc-jones

Usually, I write long reviews, after spending the last two days playing this game from the very start to the latest update I have to say.

You better not have done what I think you just did or I am changing my review to 1 star. It's a great cliffhanger though.

No seriously, one of the best games I've ever played from this site, simply from a content point of view I don't think there is anything like it. Very very dark though, be warned!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

pinuz1

I don't know why I hadn't reviewed this game.

I love it.

Definitely one of my favorites, the gameplay loop is fun, there's a lot of content, the art gets REALLY good later on, and the characters are likeable, the whole lore and story is fun and complex. I'm not the biggest fan of all the extended fights with sometimes too much dialogue this game has, and I would be lying if I said I don't fast forward through some of them but I still pay attention to what is going on while doing so, because I do care about the story overall.

Genuinely one of those games you find and you know you'll enjoy for the entire duration of it and it kinda gets better the more you play and the more you get invested in the story and characters.

Christie lowkey best girl.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

RekSail

Although some of parts of the game feel a little slow and repetitive, the game is still a masterpiece with practically no competition as I've played a lot of games on this site and none of them were even close to approaching Superhuman. Do yourself a favor and play the game it is 100% worth it
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Ethan.Kid

For anyone who is put off by the screenshots: Do yourself a favor and download this gem. You get used to the art after a while. Not that it matters with such a gripping story, vast character set, and memorable soundtracks. One of the best AVNs I've ever played.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

BruceBerserk

Peak, absolute peak. this right here is better than any schlock hollywood or triple AAA studios have made in a while (with some exceptions) the story, PEAK, the art, amazing, its very unique and captures that early 2000's metal grunge. the girls, heh, lets just say the girls are fucking based. awesome story, great mysteries, best fights i've seen in a game, and an overall fucking bad ass game. good soundtrack to (shoutout to technoaxe follow him on youtube)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

whysoserious222

I have to be honest - the only reason I downloaded this game is because of it's rating. I don't like games with graphic like this, I just avoid them, but I made an exception here.

And it was a great decision. This is simply an amazing game. Have no idea how the hell do I compare it to other games with "normal" graphic but surely this is my favourite game with this style.

Story - incredible. Interesting as hell, you just keep reading it and waiting excitedly for next things to happen. I'm not a big fan of this supernatural stuff but it's made so well here that it just makes sense.

Girls - great, interesting, funny to engage and build relationships.

Fights - well, it is part of the story, but it's so important that I had to write about it separately. There are numerous fights in this game and while I think there should be more choices in them (even simple choices like do something or die because sometimes in a fight that takes an hour you just choose something two times and I feel like this fight is taking place no matter what I do), they're great. My favourite is probably a fight with Valravn (not sure that's his name, the birdknight dude), but they're all awesome, the peak of writing and the peak of this game. They're intersting even if MC is not fighting and you just read/watch someone else's fight.

Amount of content. I was absolutely shocked how long this game was. Well, I played it first time in 0.982 version, but still, playing just a few hours per day at max - it takes weeks to finish it. Few times I though "surely this must be the end of current content" and it just kept going. There IS a lot of reading here, it's a main part of this game's length (sometimes there are no renders and you just read the text) but I'm ok with it. If you don't like reading and want to just CTRL through a game - this is not a game for you. I didn't count obviously but surely there is 40+h of content (well, mainly depending probably how fast you read).

The biggest and only dissapointment for me in this game is the size of tits of almost all LIs. I know this may seem stupid to some people but it really bothered me while playing this game. If there was a mod for this game that shrinks tits of girls - I would install it. I think proportions of girls are weird, I know this is a style of this game and it just is this way but I had to write about it as this is the only thing I don't like about this game.