Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
2018-10-11: Updated to 0.29.00
Quite a few changes in this one. Looking forward to trying out Terri.

The author is removing the scene replays. There's already a link to the SFC Replay Mod in the code.

I switched computers and can't get my test-saves to work, so I haven't tested extensively, but I did double-check the code changes, so it should be fine.

2018-09-09: Updated to 0.28.05
I chose to wait for a few hotfixes, this version apparently had a lot of bugs. Was left with 3 duplicate call-labels in the kitchen. And the cache-directory was included in the scripts.rpa file, which was a bit odd.

Compressed with increased compatibility with the SFC mod.

Just in case you didn't know yet, it has been possible to increase/decrease the Physical/Social/Mental stats by clicking on them in your profile screen. These affect the Natural value. It saves you from doing an insane amount of trips to the Initiative to train them. The game sets a maximum of 5, so that's where it stops.

Have fun!

The recommended means of installing is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The above is how I do it myself every single release. Always start clean, and then load the existing saves.

The SLDR-0.29.00-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip file contains the source rpy-files and should only be used if you wish to edit or view the code yourself. If you wish to use it, remove the scripts.rpa file (if present) first or you'll get an error about duplicate files.

About DarkPhilosopher's Corner:
As per the advice given to me I'm creating this thread to post my additions to the Superverse.

Since somewhere around 0.16.50, I've patched @SLDR 's mod into the newer versions of the game as they were released, saving him the trouble.

Getting a bit bored by the repetitive nature of the game, I next created Get Lucky to let everything happen just a little more often.

For now, I'll post both here, and will be adding to them as I work around some more annoyances (like a mod that suppresses Wild Oats and Familial Ties/Professionalism simultaneously).

Below, in the Functionality spoiler boxes, everything that's listed under Future is already functional, and will be part of the mod when the next version is released.

About the SLDR Mod Patch:
What does this do? : The mod patch turns the unmodded version into a modded version.

Functionality (will be updated):

About Get Lucky:
What does this do? : Get Lucky alters the most common random draws in the game, cutting down on the repetitive nature a bit and helping with some of the rarer scenes.

Functionality (will be updated):

About iddqd (console cheat):
What does this do? : It does exactly what it did so long ago, in a game so far away. And you thought combat took a long time already...
I've had a report of an error in new games when starting combat for the first time. I haven't had it myself yet. It shouldn't be game-stopping.

Have fun, and please like this post to let me know you're using these mods.

(OMG, I can't believe I just asked people to like my post, I'm turning into one of those people...)

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
About Get Lucky:
It knows 3 settings: Off, Felix Felicis and Kobayashi Maru. These can be set by going into the game menu, the option is called GL and is right underneath Cheats. Clicking on it will cycle through the three options. Whichever one is displayed is the active one.

When set to Felix Felicis, random events/draws like mom/sis shower scenes, mom/sophie and job/class success will happen about twice as often.
When set to Kabayashi Maru, they will always happen. In the case of mom/sophie, it will actually ask you which scene you'd like. Just mom, or mom and Sophie.

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
seems interesting, will look at it during the weekend. only, names are really strange: mod names is a direct copy to a 2013 hit song, middle option is a reference to Harry potter and complete option is a reference to either Star Trek or a similar name of a manga series. Might try to be more consistent with the names theme but I guess it's your first mod for this kind of game

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
seems interesting, will look at it during the weekend. only, names are really strange: mod names is a direct copy to a 2013 hit song, middle option is a reference to Harry potter and complete option is a reference to either Star Trek or a similar name of a manga series. Might try to be more consistent with the names theme but I guess it's your first mod for this kind of game
There is a manga/anime about the Kobayashi Maru Test?
I mean the Star Trek Fan scene is huge and I shouldn't really be surprised by the fact that there are Star Trek Mangas, but about that?

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@Gab , the word plays are on purpose. It's called "Get Lucky" because it influences the random draws. In other words, it makes the player more likely to succeed. The double-entendre was a 'lucky' happenstance (and the Daft Punk song lyrics refer to that second meaning, coincidentally). With that thought in mind, and because I love to make people think for themselves, and because I'm an IT geek after all, I chose the names.

Since I still want to make people think for themselves about why I chose the names the way I did, I'll put the rest of the explanation in a spoiler tag.

So you see, I actually put quite a bit of thought into it. Initially, I was going to go with gambling terminology, but this was so much more fun. And with an X-rated game about superpowered teenagers, can you truly expect everyone to take it seriously? If I couldn't have fun putting my individual spin on the coding process, I wouldn't keep doing it.

@mastacheata , I had the exact same thought. What?! Manga Star Trek?! I can haz Manga Star Trek? I guess great minds think alike. :biggrin:
In this case, however, @Gab was probably referring to the fact that Kobayashi is a last name that's been used in anime from time to time. I guess it's an actual Japanese name.

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I'm testing it now. decompressed both files in SuperPowered_v0.18.02-pc-Modded\game but I'm having trouble finding where to activate your mod.

Also Wanted to quickly chat about it with you but couldn't find @DarkPhilosopher on discord :p

Last edited:

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
I'm testing it now. decompressed both files in SuperPowered_v0.18.02-pc-Modded\game but I'm having trouble finding where to activate your mod.

Also Wanted to quickly chat about it with you but couldn't find @DarkPhilosopher on discord :p
In the Settings screen look for the GL entry right between Cheats and Preferences:

Reactions: GAB

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@Gab , Get Lucky overwrites the existing mod, so it needs to always be installed after the mod. If you have overwritten screens.rpy, it will become visible in the main menu. That's a certainty.

The files are now in subdirectories, did you accidentally unpack without the directory structure?

methanole

Jul 6, 2017
@Gab , Get Lucky overwrites the existing mod, so it needs to always be installed after the mod. If you have overwritten screens.rpy, it will become visible in the main menu. That's a certainty.
he probably forgot the last part , i had that same problem as well,then i remember....i forgot to download b1.zip XD and copy paste it to game directory. voila its working now .

Reactions: rajnik

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
ok so allow me to recap
1st, download the Modded by @Etar and extract it.
2nd, Download and extract on "%Username%\SuperPowered_v0.18.02-pc-Modded\game".
3rd and finally Download the and extract on "%Username%\SuperPowered_v0.18.02-pc-Modded\game". Is that how I should read your post?
Edit your post if needed :p

Reactions: HeadBark49

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@Gab , that looks correct, provided "SuperPowered_v0.18.02.exe" is inside "%Username%\SuperPowered_v0.18.02-pc-Modded". The first file should overwrite about 77 files in 9 directories. The Get Lucky file then overwrites 5 files in 2 directories.
I'm sorry it doesn't work as designed for you. I can't make it easier unless I merge the two mods, which I can't do as long as the first one isn't mine to change (it's @SLDR 's).

I did edit the post to make the To Install sections a bit more obvious. If I knew how to do inline code blocks, I would use those too.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
seems I had to do a total recall but it finally worked. For future reference, make sure to add the name of the modded game in the title. only other way to find this post is to search lucky (which is rare for the common users) or look at the latest games&updates (which soon your post will get ignored with the newer updates).

Let's test this baby out!

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
got some trouble with saving. activated all corruption status on all available characters, went to save and run into trouble. Couldn't save. more info here @DarkPhilosopher

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@Gab , I've looked through the files mentioned in the tracelog, but I'm not finding an association with the mod. Either I'm not skilled enough, or it's a pre-existing bug.

Have you tried saving from a different location? I've run into similar errors loading and saving in the past. I usually save while in the kitchen or the school hallway.

Although I have to admit I have never activated all corruption states. I don't (yet) know how the game picks which corruption scene to play, but I imagine they can interfere with one another. So I've always done one at a time, staying within the boundaries the author set for the game.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can edit the thread title. I found the Universal Cheat Mod (which has the game title in it) by going to this game's , I figured others would find it that way too. Plus, people should have to make a little bit of effort to get their rewards, right? :)

EDIT: Changed the title. Now everybody with a bookmark will get a 404 error since the URL changed.

shmit

Aug 3, 2017
every time I go to install this mod, or any other mod for that matter, I can't even start the game anymore, renpy just gives a bunch of errors.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@shmit , looking at your tracelog, you shouldn't be able to run the game at all.

You downloaded the modded version, the mouse.png file should be in
"Z:\Users\kingdom\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.18.02-pc-Modded\game\images"

If it's not there, something when wrong with unpacking. If it is there, it could be a permissions-issue. It could be a lot of things really. But it's not because of the mod.

shmit

Aug 3, 2017
@shmit , looking at your tracelog, you shouldn't be able to run the game at all.

You downloaded the modded version, the mouse.png file should be in
"Z:\Users\kingdom\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.18.02-pc-Modded\game\images"

If it's not there, something when wrong with unpacking. If it is there, it could be a permissions-issue. It could be a lot of things really. But it's not because of the mod.
the thing is that only happens when i replace files with the mod, the game works just fine otherwise. Trying to add this mod or other mods that replaces files causes these errors for me.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes