Ren'Py - Completed - SuperPowered [v0.45.02] [Night City Productions]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Penetrator God

The idea of a game where we have superpowers and we can do anything we want with it looks like a lot of fun, but the renders in the game look really bad. I know it's an old game because it was released in 2016. However as far as I can see, the game was completed in 2022 and the render quality has not been improved in these 6 years. In my opinion, the developer should have remake the first game instead of making the second one. No matter how good the gameplay and story is, it's all overshadowed by renders that look painfully bad to look at.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Savor

long and boring dialogues the sex scenes are not even worth for.
    tedious management that is just not fun at all.
    would never touch this again, one time is enough for a lifetime therefore not worth more as 2 stars.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Silverdragon

Game with insane potential, that will not be finished.

The amount of content in this uncompleted game is higher than 99% of adult games. With the amount of characters, variables and systems implemented and planned, I am not surprised that NCP gave up on the game. The scope was just too big for the resources they had. And the engine choice did not help either.

The game is a power trip of a dork finding out he is compatible with a bunch of superpowers, with the side-effect of losing control over his lust. The CG is tolerable, but nothing special, offset by the fact that there is a lot of them.

The game is very grindy, which makes mods almost mandatory. As I enjoy the grind for the optimization, I play with the Radioactive mod which is essentially the all-in-one mod for the game. Walkthrough is almost mandatory as well if it is your first time playing, as some bugs can lock you out of some content and some in-game choices are way better than others.

Looking forward to whatever the dev is cooking with the sequel.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Argrond

TL; DR
    I do not think I want to play more of this. I've enjoyed the best possible part (Mary), do not want to dig any further in this raw unfinished mess. 2*, 1 for Mary and 1 more for some other occasional good scenes...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Gintlar

SuperPowered [v0.45.02] [Night City Productions]
    I don't know whether to recommend the game or not.

it's a huge game, you can do a lot of things and I recommend playing it only with mods or cheats, otherwise it becomes boring and repetitive.

Like other users, I am one of those who downloaded and uninstalled it several times, because every time I don't find the right incentive to continue, this time too it was like that but this time it is a definitive drop.

The models aren't the best but they aren't terrible either, given the age of the game they aren't bad.

The absence of music is a 50/50, you don't miss it but it's also not one of those games that works well even without music.

It should be noted that the game has features not included and also has errors that appear once in a while.

I think I uninstalled several times because in the end the characters are anonymous, lack of dialogue which serves to diversify the characters during the scenes (chosen actions).

In conclusion it is a giant game but where you play little because it does not remain impressed, but it is not completely to be thrown away.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Annonx

This game is a missed opportunity! The scenario is ok, but the theme is top tier! With lots of possibilities! Promote corruption, love, fear or mind control! The models aren't the best, but that's okay.

BUT! This game is a fucking bug! Many things are broken, unfinished, or under-exploited. The game is marked as complete, but it's not. A lot of things in this game are disappointing, and I wish the game was really finished and better polished.

This game is a good adventure, but a bitter memory.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

oakwood

I lost count of how many time i started to play and stop playing this game.. Rpg elemnts and art pulls me to this game everytime, but that interface and grinding.... Well, usually games has a balance between its fetures but this game is unique.. The game has very quality art, character designs and scenes are solid, also plot is pretty good, but sadly it has a terrible interface and gameplay. Instead of completed it feels like abandoned in polish and balance stage. But even with the cons i told the game is fun to play...I hope the sequel covers the cons.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

NotJoe

I've played through this game a number of times over the last few years. I love the models, the premise, the writing, the sex is *just* the right amount of hardcore for me...there are a lot of things to like about this game.

But....

It's labelled "complete" but really isn't. There are a ton of features that were not implemented and the programmer never bothered to remove from the UI. It's buggy. It can be terribly non-intuitive. The grind...oh my god....the grinding.

I didn't get through graduation - it's not triggering. No idea why, but I can not grind another playthrough to find out if it's one of the exceptions I received. I'm calling this one "done for me" and moving on.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Azt1234

This game has tremendous amount of good/decent content hidden underneath irredeemably atrocious gameplay.

There are plenty of girls to have-fun-with in the game, including hot mother, sister, teachers, classmates and more. Each girl can be dated with her consent, blackmailed into sex, mind-controlled and probably more. There're also superpowers which introduce new mechanics (like mentioned mind control, but there're others)

So yeah, the game has A LOT OF scenes, all of which are good or (at worst) decent. Also, personally, i really like the whole premise, there's only one problem: grind. This game is total grindfest. I honestly feel like getting 90 lvl character in Genshin Impact is less of a hurdle than dating anyone in this game (and if they wanted to go for realism, they lost it at the moment i got Mind Control superpower) I'm not strongly against grinding, but here, it's too much. You'll be grinding school influence, initiative influence, global influence, money, favors with every character (which is used to grind love, lust, and for banging that character), also you need to grind grades and take care of your willpower.

Furthemore, some characters are harder to get to than others, for example farming favors with classmates and teacher gives you a signle favor - you need 60 to start dating them, and each date uses 10 favors. So have fun.

To add to this, I've been using "Better experience mod" which is meant to reduce the amount of grind. Unfortunatelly, it's very easy to break the game (progression) with it. Also perhaps a minor flow but rollback in this game is broken: if you make a bad decision and try to rollback, you don't get your love points back; however sometimes you get python exception error

That being said, there's a chance I just didn't figure this game out. Perhaps i'm playing it wrong. (I don't think so, but it's certainly a possibility) If that's the case, well - I've played this game sometime in the past with walkthrough on, I've played it now for like 3 hours with all tutorials and intro enabled, if i failed to figure something out, i don't think it's my fault, just that this game sucks at explaining shit to you.

To close off: I would love to play this game again if it had sandbox gameplay simplified and loosend grind. The sheer amount of content is worth 5/5, but gameplay is so bad it drops to the floor.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Newi31

Gene injections are the new big thing, they give all kinds of powers. Not everyone's fit to receive a 'boost,' plus a psych eval is done. Laws are passed, institutions are created, all to protect everyday-folk against 'mutants' with ill intent. It so seems that you are unique and able to receive UNLIMITED POWAHHH, and so begins our...

Story. I really dig the premise of mutants. There are so many possibilities and the game does have lots of powers for you to juggle around with (after earning points and cash to buy them). That said, this isn't a very story-centric game. It's mostly build around its...

Gameplay. This is where the game lost me. It's a big grind, even with Better Experience Mod. The only way such grind would be excusable is if it's masked well behind story and theme, or the gameplay is simply addictively fun. That's not this game. Technically it's ambitious and promises plenty, but ultimately time put in and fun gotten out of it is completely out of balance. Sadly it needs a lot of polish when it's no longer being worked on. And what's the point of bypassing everything with cheats when...

Graphics are turd. Let's not beat around the bush. It's a game started in 2016 and you can tell.

Special mention about the gameplay. It's ambitious; trying to reach the height of big RPG's out there in terms of building your character by grinding statpoints. Like I said, it wasn't fun - and neither is it intuitive. There's not just a Walkthrough but also a freakin' Wiki! Says something about complexity, doesn't it?

Verdict: doesn't deliver. Would you like this? Maybe if you're really into RPG-esque grinds with kink at the end. Evidently by its rating it captivates some.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Ex78

This game is not finished and I don't mean the story goes on to a part 2 I mean the game is not finished.

I use to be a supporter of Baal and Night City so I know Bane was starting to hate Ren'py and fell in love with Unity but he told his supporters at the time he would finish Superpowered part 1 with all the powers and perks he had laid out then maybe move part 2 to Unity.

Well here we are Baal calling part one done and we do not have all the powers, working Mom still not a usable perk and gaps in the story glossed over to get to the Unity part 2 faster. This can seem a bit bitter but I am not I stopped supporting when he changed focus to Loser. Thought ok well I will just have to wait a longer time for the game I wanted but the longer wait was not worth the support.

So on to the dings besides the missing content that still has placeholders in the game.

The renders are lacking and show their age. They were never great but they really did not age well, in part 2 it looks like he did an update to them so he has corrected that part a bit.

Next is the RNG oh GOD the RNG. Want to talk to one of the girls in the hall before class or work? Hope she shows up in her slot. Want get all the content with each girl... no never mind each just one girl well you are going to spend hours and hours hoping to get the right trigger.

This had potential, hell part 2 still has some of it, but Baal did not live up to it.

If you are going to play this use one of the Mods Better Exp. or Raidoactive they can at least smooth out a lot of the RNG issues.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

H$LF

I really like the game settig, backstory; the subtle irony, the content...
    I end saying what I heard many times: I would really like to like this game.

I don't want to waste many words. The main deal is that I can literally see my life fading away while wasting time on this game.
    One of the best games on this site anyway.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game has rather old graphics so the renders are not one of the best. The game interface is not so friendly also and you need time to get used to it, also with the cheats. NEVERTHELESS the game is really enjoyable and I liked it very much. A lot of corrucpted scenes, lot of sex scenes.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

NeonSelf

[v0.45.02]

Its a good game with bad balance. Pure sandbox with combat, work, training and different special abilities. It could be alot better, if it was properly balanced. BTW you can get to sex with almost anybody, if you keep grinding stats.

Cons:
    - its not complete! There is alot of missing content like hero missions and superpowers
    - Important values and requirements for actions are hidden. You will be penalized for not knowing them. Its unplayable without wiki.
    - Insane grind from start to endgame. Leveling a single point of stats can take months of ingame time or a few hours in realtime. First 10-15 hours of gameplay your only 18+ content is masturbation.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 892749

Superpowered is a satisfying sandbox corruption game packed with content, but its mechanics create too much grind and this contributes to weird pacing issues.

Superpowered gives multiple paths to approach the world, you can invest in fitness to fight crime, charm to build relationships or mental to accrue skills quickly. You are not ‘locked in’ to a style of playing: you can choose any power you want, to corrupt any woman you want, and in what way to do so. At least this seems to be what was intended. While its true the game does not force you into a way of playing, there are ‘right’ ways of playing, namely maximising charm and style. The reason for this is the grind which quickly slows things down. You can reduce the grind with the ‘better experience mod’ – highly recommended – but even still you will have to spend many hours to unlock all the content.

Fortunately, there is lots of content to unlock. Watching everyone be slowly corrupted as you unlock new superpowers is very satisfying - at least in the mid-game. In the late game, you have so many powers women are corrupted too quickly and it feels like a bit disconnecting. The issue lies with the grind, unlocking your second or third power comes too slowly, but unlocking the sixth or comes fast. It feels like the mid-game is where the balance of everything is, but because of the disparity you don’t have enough time with each of superpower to appreciate the content it's associated with.

It's when things slowdown that you realise how ‘complete’ the game really is. Every department / school / operation has something to offer but none of it is ‘finished’. It seems the author envisioned too much for the game and so lots of it is ‘in development’. There are a few other issues I won’t go over but the key point is if you can look past the grind there is a good game underneath.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Rajat Saigal

+ Decent variety I guess?
    + An attempt at gameplay?
    - Terrible dialogue
    - Ugly 3DCG
    - Grindy as fuck
    - Gameplay is terrible in practice
    Wasted a couple hours on this, then decided to delete and do something else with my life.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

failureatheart

This game is fucking great!
    Probably one of the best games I've played on this site!

The beginning of the game is absolutely a slog will few rewards, however, there is a walk-through with a ton of help in the first post along with a "better experience mod" which is very much worth it. Between those two additions the game becomes a lot more fast paced and a lot more rewarding very quickly. The scenes are mostly not animated, but the kinks you can experience more than make up for it. And most all the stuff you wouldn't like can be avoided.

I did get a little concerned with one of the "flaws" you earn that is called some term I'll never remember, but basically it's thinking old women are sexy, which wasn't for me... but then I find out it's there so you can unlock and do the maybe 30-40ish looking principle... and then I was like, "I'm in."

I'm a big fan of incest games so it's nice to see it didn't take an extra download to enable, it's simply an on off switch with the mod. The one thing I'd like a bit more of is things like "actual" rape options, like instead of having to use fear to make them submit it's more of a "they said no, do it anyway?" sort of option, while keeping the way it is now too so both are options. There is also plenty of sleep assault type events to play through, public sex happens with some of the girls (kind of wish there was a bit more, and some options to change the dress code to total nude, at least for girls anyway), there is blackmail, even a prostitute, mind control, corruption to the point you can choose to pimp girls out, futa, hell there is pretty much something for almost every kink in this one it feels like, and they have plenty more coming through development.

I've been playing the game for two days straight and I still haven't found anywhere near all the scenes available. If you are any kind of a kinky pervert you will probably find something you'll like it this game.

Hope they keep the upgrades coming!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5131241

The game has a good structure, that gives you total freedom to talk (about anything you want) with the girls, use your powers on them... to make them like you, hate you, fear you... to make them give you money, make sex, rape them (you can rape anyone in the game, in diferent ways and places, which i think is really fun).

There is a good RPG inside the game, where you can develop your skills and power, but it it reeeeally slow to make a strong character.

There is incest (you will be able do fuck your mother and sister as you develop your powers).

You also need money, so you have to work in the game, and there are diferent kinds of work... There are ways to steal maney later.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

seergant131

excelent idea and content. if comletly realize all, its be a perfect game.
    i think its have overneed grind but its semi reaistic. main hero mach more powerfuul then anyone and it must be ralistic hard to be like that
  20. 4.00 star(s)

unknow38

v0.45.03

Playing the game honestly is a terrible mistake because the amount of grind in this game is on par with RPGM out there, but at least, you do not have to use keyboard to grind. However, you will realize that this game is already much better than its sequel as its sequel is built in Unity and pretty much heavy on RNG grind than this.

I played the demo of superpowered 2 and I can already tell it is a steep downhill from here.

Beside the incompressible grind, the game is great both plot and gameplay. As you get more superpower, the grind gets much easier. Unlike its sequel where RNG govern all aspect, the RNG in this game only govern random encounter scene.

The game is really good at illustrate the slow process of you changing other characters. The unique aspect is that story look linear at first but if you change certain character before specific plot point, you will get a slightly different storytelling.

Great MC sandbox game and hopefully, other learn from this one.