VN - Unity - Completed - Sutekina kanojo no tsukurikata [Final] [Sushi_soft]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Shinlaw

This VN is very dark, don't let it fool you at the start. If you're looking for yuri romance - this is not the right game.

Now, regardless of my taste - production quality is very high, even if the length is quite short. I don't know how to rate it to be honest, so I'll just mix my personal 1 with objective 5 c:
    Writing is great, a few H-scenes (7 scenes for 8 endings) are pretty and even somewhat animated. All endings are bad endings though, but if it's your thing - have a go at this one.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

I finished the game and got all 8 endings. Only one ending doesn't have a hentai scene. I'm going to say this right now, the meme with "They had us at the first half, not going to lie" is this game in a nutshell. I don't mind spoiling it of course.

PROS:
    • Artstyle is great
    • Options from previous chapters don't affect you. It's only based on that chapter if you get a dead end or not.
    • The voice acting is on point
    • The first half of the story is really sweet
    CONS:
    • No matter what happens, you can't stop Sumire from going yandere. You can stop her from giving into the dark urges early but you cannot do anything since she's too far gone.
    • There is no happy ending unfortunately. Every hentai scene is super dark. There's no blood fortunately.
    • Game is rather short and because there's no happy ending, it's not that satifying.
    So I'm going to add spoiler stuff here. I'm going to say this right now. The game doesn't glorify drugs or mental health. Its the actual opposite. You're in the mind of a suicidal girl and her POV is not reliable.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's why this gets a 4/5. The game clearly had an option for a good ending. The image shown was supposed to be the light at the end of the tunnel but it just leads to two horrifying endings and neither are happy. But yeah. Steam reviewers jumped the negative reviews too fast but the game left a bad aftertaste and kind of makes me remind myself why I am never a fan of yuri.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Back

Sutekina Kanojo no Tsukurikata is a darkly beautiful game.
    Disclaimer: I am making this review per a request, but I haven't actually played this game myself at the time of this post.
    This is more of a content warning, for this game can be dark.

I'm inferring much of this review from what others have said from around the web while generally discounting those that were simply review bombing without having much to say. From what I've gathered, there seems to be a lot of glorification about SIBs (self-injurious behaviors) and psychological issues along with themes about various forms of abuse, drug use, deceptions, and rapes. These also include sadism, suicidal tendencies, numerous bad endings, and even death. This does NOT appear to be anything like a happy-go-lucky, fun time type of game as most of the (lovely) preview images seems to suggest.

As mrkew at VNDb said "It's really really not a romance. If anyone wants a 'kinda yandere-ish girl in a cute yuri couple' then this is not for them."

On the other hand, the game can invoke a wide range of emotions for the player. It can be weirdly beautiful in its storytelling -- a heartwarming tale -- and has even been described as being "very memorable". Just brace yourself a bit beforehand and know what you're getting into if you want to give Sutekano a try.

So fair warning, this is definitely not for everybody, but it might be right up your alley if you're looking for something that is a little more dark and grim but splashed with a dash of hope.
    --> This game is not for the weak of heart. <--

At-a-Glance Breakdown:
    [ - ] Controversial themes including numerous forms of mental and physical trauma.
    [ + / - ] Short. About four hours to completely explore it without skipping. Good price-to-gameplay ratio. Ymmv.
    [ + ] Is apparently translated quite well despite the broken English in its description.
    [ + ] Storytelling seems to be on point. It should be an emotional roller coaster ride.
    [ + ] Lovely looking CGs (at least from what I saw of the preview images).
    [ - ] Glorifies or romanticizes psychological disorders, rape, drug use, and other dark topics.

If this has been helpful to you, then please give me an updoot. Thanks, and be safe you guys.