VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Sweet Dreams [v0.1.5] [Bruce Khan]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Jnx

So at the time of writing this currently, I'm about a third of the way through the current content. I have a couple notes upfront to the Dev. Outline Color only works when you don't define it in the character. The "Solid" background completely crashes the game, nice work there. And this writing is so damn disjointed, augmented by the absolutely chaotic camera jumps, I rarely know who's talking about what. I get this is early, which is why I wanna leave my two cents for hopeful improvement.

I don't have much of anything to say about the story, the fact of the matter is, there's next to nothing here yet. MC is edgelord extreme that can't sleep because... Reasons...? At the beginning of the story you're introduced to about 15 characters, and most of them look the same. Five of them are sisters, yes, but at least 10 of them look identical. AND THE 5 SISTERS' NAMES ARE ALMOST THE SAME TOO. And Dev made a conscious choice to add about 10,000 different angles and make a CG for almost every line of dialog. I've never seen so many dutch angles in my life.

But yeah, MC has an internal monologue during EVERY conversation. So anytime you might start to learn what's going on, MC chimes in with how over it he is. Or how much he hates the Dad of the sisters. All I've learned is MC can't sleep, hates dad, and most of the women are already in love with him. And MC seems to know what's happening at all times and what everyone's thinking. So he's an edgy Gary-Stu. And boring. And I'm not complaining about lack of sexual content, I don't care about that as much as some of the horny troglodytes on here.

My last thoughts, tighten up on the camera angles. For one, it's less work, two the reader knows who the hell is talking, and three it is less dizzying. Fix the styling, remove the outlines from the character definitions so the preferences menu actually works. And lastly hook the reader. There's nothing especially interesting here yet. You have what, 40 characters that MC grumbles to the reader internally with no personalities to really speak of, at least none that translate well. Oh. One more thing GET SOMEONE TO PROOFREAD AND SPELL CHECK. English is not your strong suit. If I don't see any other language options, this is a HUGE issue to complain about and frankly, I'm tired of saying it.

But I can see where you might be going with this so good luck dev, if you aren't fuming at the ears at me already.