Ren'Py - Abandoned - Sweet Summer Harem! [v0.1.17] [Fynnegun]

1. 4.00 star(s)

oldstrong

The overall art is very good and the Characters design as good aswell but for me if the head proportions were better worked would be excelent (their heads are big as their hips).

The worst thing on the game though is the UI and navigation menu.
    On the UI, checking every girl status has too much unnecessary clicks, would be better if the system there was infos (Like love counter) was visible only accessing the Heart menu, instead of the needing to click on the girl, plus the system would be checked every time the player wanted to, instead of the need to be in the world map.

On the Navigation menu. would be really better if the was a navigation as the one use in "The Inn ( and many other titles)" as we have buttons to go directly to every room inside a building instead of the need to do 2, 3 even 4 clicks to make a single action, plus it gonna make easier to implement Room related scenes in the future (I Believe).

In overall, the game is great, but I think Dev would rework the UI and Navigation menu before the game turns bigger, that amount of unnecessary clicks will be a hard nuisance when the game take hours from the player, and instead of enjoying the game, he will be thinking "Why do I need to do so many steps to just check a goddamn Love Counter?".
  2. 4.00 star(s)

HeathenFilth

[ Review for version 0.1.4, subject to change ]

TL;DR
    : Sweet Summer Harem! has definitely got the cutesy anime aesthetic down. I really like the characters and dialogue. Right now it is a very, very short game, but worth playing to see if you’re going to want to continue following the development.

The Good: The characters look fantastic, and if you can navigate the dialogue choices you can enable incest as well. That’s always a positive in my book. The few sex scenes that are in the game are very good. I love the wholesome feel of the character interactions. The music track is nice too.

The Average: The game gives you the choice of establishing your relationship with characters before you meet them, which is nice. However, you’ll have to guess at fist and then scroll back in the story after you’ve passed their introduction, afterwards to get the relationships you want in order. The game is also a sandbox type game, which can work, but it always leaves that feeling of ‘what am I missing?’ when you must commit a whole timeslot to one single action in one of 8 places you could be at in any given time.

The Bad: Sweet Summer Harem! is a sandbox visual novel, but the game so far is very small in terms of content. That makes the sandbox elements feel unnecessary since there is little reason to go to most places. Ideally sandboxes are created when there are things to do in them, so maybe, going forward, don’t focus on the sandbox elements for a while?

Thorough Review When Game Is Further Along Development:

Wishlist:

> Rework the dialogue choice for establishing the relationship with and between characters so you know who is whom making deciding what words to write easier.

> The red eyes of the MC look weird. Consider alternative hues of red, or another colour.

> Make Isabella look a little more mature. She doesn’t look like she’s much older than Kate, Lily, and Veronica. Otherwise, just a whole lot more Isabella, please.

> Please let there be Lily pregnancy sooner rather than later. She is the most wholesome cinnamon bun of the three girls in the household.

> Samantha is perfect in every way, but also needs to look more than slightly older than Sophia and Maria.

> Sophia and Maria yuri, please!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

HugoChin

Unique look, somewhat generic story so far but we all know what we're really here for. And I think this is one of the best looking Koikatsu games out there. Excited to see where this goes! Please don't change the models I'd be devastated lol!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Demzy

This game definitely has a lot of potential. So far the writing is fun and it definitely got a chuckle out of me a couple times. The models are cute and well rendered. As long as the dev keeps the work consistent and the writing fresh this will be really good game. Dev, keep doing your thing, avoid cliches and believe in your sense of humor. Im rooting for you.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

He-man96.

This game definitely has a lot of effort put into it for a prologue. I'm interested in seeing how the game is developed in the future. I'll definitely change it to 5 stars after some more updates and content is released. Just maybe need one love interest with some smaller boobs since all of the girls have pretty big coconuts.