Sweethome3d for game interiors

• Thread starter Deleted member 1063287
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1063287

Has anyone used Sweethome3d for the interiors of their game?, and if so what are your experiences using it?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Looking at the product video, I don't use it but I do something very similar. Making the shape of a house and walls is not hard, what is hard is having all the assets to fill the house with, things like decorative door frames, furniture, nicknacks, etc. If you can't 3D model, they have their own collection for you to use, which is great. I get most of my models from blendswap or make my own, but the overall idea is, have a collection already made, so when you want to put a house together, you are spending most your time decorating (the fun part). I myself use Blender for everything. that and I like to play with cool lighting effects, which I don't think you can customize with the above software.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
I always wondered where those images came from!

There is at least one game that uses this but I can't remember what it's called, it's a corruption game that uses Honey Select models.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If it'll export as .obj, you should be able to import it into Daz afterwords. You may need to apply a few textures after that, though.

It'd depend on how the material zones are separated. I suppose you could import it into Hexagon and define the material zones as needed (or Blender), but yeah I import .objs into Daz often enough without too many issues in most cases. Just need to assign textures afterwords, which is when those shader sets become useful.