Switching from Windows to Mac

Mar 9, 2019
So with all my games and saves on a current windows laptops, how would switching laptops to a Mac work. Will downloading the OS version of games ruin my saves?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
You should be able to import most of (if not all) your saves.
How, it depends on the game engine.
- Ren'py games: copy the whole content of the folder C:\Users\[your username]\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy into /Users/[your username]/Library/RenPy
- RPG Maker: on Windows saves are stored in the game folder or in the www\save subfolder. You must copy and paste the saves of each game separately
- Unity: no clue, something like Ren'py I guess. A few saves of mine are inside c:\users\[my username]\AppData\LocalLow (but my OS is Linux, I play Windows games through an emulator).

Mar 9, 2019
You should be able to import most of (if not all) your saves.
How, it depends on the game engine.
- Ren'py games: copy the whole content of the folder C:\Users\[your username]\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy into /Users/[your username]/Library/RenPy
- RPG Maker: on Windows saves are stored in the game folder or in the www\save subfolder. You must copy and paste the saves of each game separately
- Unity: no clue, something like Ren'py I guess. A few saves of mine are inside c:\users\[my username]\AppData\LocalLow (but my OS is Linux, I play Windows games through an emulator).
So the saves would be transfferable but I would need to seperately download the mac version of the game.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Not necessarily. As I said, I play Windows games on Linux. There are emulators, you can set up a virtual machine, install Windows on dual boot...