PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Would you enlighten us noobs? I have the same problem.
Two things might have gone wrong:
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer AKA not from the app store;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during unzipping
To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the Game app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined. This blocks the game from running and/or, in case it's a RPGM game that wants to write the save files inside the app, from saving your progress or changing game settings.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Again, mind the space between the command and the path. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

To check the second case, you need to look inside the contents of the app (an app is actually a folder masquerading as a file): right click on the Game app, pick Show package contents. Navigate to /Contents/MacOS/. Inside that folder you'll see a file nwjs. That file should be a Unix executable. If it's anything else, it has lost its execute permission.
To fix this, start Terminal and type "chmod a+x " without the quotes at the prompt and drag that file inside the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Again mind there is a space between the command and the path. Hit enter. The file should now be executable.

As a general precaution, make a duplicate of the app first before changing its attributes or permissions.

Reactions: kingofcurrywurst
Jan 7, 2018
Two things might have gone wrong:
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer AKA not from the app store;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during unzipping
You're my hero. Thank you. First suggestion worked.

Reactions: PBS666

babocan

Jun 1, 2020
I understand that update only was a corrupt one that was taken down but will there be new update only link for v.04091?

Daquarius

Jan 23, 2018
I dropped the genesis order midway because the story was getting really boring and repetiive. Is this sequel any better?

Don Kilot

Mar 8, 2023
I wonder if NLT will break new ground this time and there will be optional sharing-scenes (MMF) or if MC has fallen into a cauldron of Axe again and the ladies have only eyes for him. It would be something new. The old formula is already a bit worn out.
whatever-shrug.gif

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 43 Votes