RPGM - Taboo Island [v4.3] [Fengzi]

1. 1.00 star(s)

maries

It's a big mistake to hang on to the first person with this awful operation sensitivity
    There are so many inconveniences that need to be improved that I don't know where to start, if you ask me to fix one thing, I'll change the point of view to the third person right away to solve the stupid operation sensitivity problem.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Das Ras

This game takes way too long to get anywhere and feels out of date for today's standard. It is however unique for an RPGM game and has pretty decent models and an interesting-ish story. The game itself feels bad to play though, and I'm going to wait several updates before giving this a try again in the hopes that things change.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

sharuez

Wow its just amazing how bad it is.

the only pros is the characters look good

-bad game design
    -game breaking bugs that soft lock
    -no direction from breaks(I.E no quest book/ characters dont repeat instructions)
    -the controls is truly what breaks it for me they are just so bad and archaic while using a engine that has good control by default.

Honestly game needs a redesign. I really wanted to continue but after a couple of soft locks and losing progress and then coming back after a bit only to not know what to do cuz no one will talk to me, its just im done I, theres many games to go play instead.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Shrewdslayer

Review: Its currently In beta so I will be more lenient and patient to see how it is when it releases, the graphics is not that appealing and almost ps2 era type graphics and textures. Its also has weird controls for a rpg which is only 3 directions in up left or right and if you want to turn around then you need to do left or right three times. Its pros are its animations which are amazing and have detailed sounds.

Conclusion: I will check up if author improves textures and graphics and if they put better controls and combat to fight zombies
  5. 2.00 star(s)

FromTheDepths123

I mean, obviously it's in beta, I get that completely BUT game ending bugs are not something even a beta has by the 3rd patch. If you get annoyed at lost progress due to the game faults rather than your own fault, this game is not for you. Zombies, stood in front of you, you plaster them with bullets but it's like they are not there. Maybe in the future after the dev has had a bit more experience (and changed the god awful control system) I'll revisit to see if it has improved but, as it currently stands, I can't recommend at all.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

latrop16

Edit for Review of of 4.0:
    I changed from 4 to 2 stars, I have to agree with others that it takes way too long to progress, first the story, then girls "favorability". I also don't see the point to add a completely different game into exiting one ("Free mode").
    The new sex content with new girls and camera are now locked behind Patreon paywall. The only reason I let it be 2 stars, are good animation scenes and well-made 3d models.

Old review for "v2.0":
    I really would like to give the game 5 stars, but I find the use of RPGM as 3D engine unfortunate. It's annoying to navigate, and has still the problem, that if you kill a zombie in front of you and another one takes his place, your hits or shots don't get registered.
    Still, 3D models of the game are really good, the animations are solid and have proper sounds.
    The game has even story cinematic cutscenes.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

NerVreN

This is my first time writing a review, this game deserves it.
    I've been playing for the past 4-5 hours non-stop and according to the guide there's still some content available.

Things I love:
    -Fake shota character, kind of cute but no girly. Other characters design are great too.
    -Music, we have the generic rpg bgm, used in other zombie like rpg games, but at times there are some sublime soundtracks, I have no idea where they come from. for instance, Mother event at midnight, that song was great,I'm trying to search for it.
    -Content and bugs, the amount of content is huge - the amount of bugs are almost none.
    -FPS gamemode is so refreshing, I know that this is an unpopular opinion, but it's so nice to see a new gameplay style from time to time, specially if you don't want to rely on "I'm just here for the scenes gadgets"
    -Family events and animations, the family pictures and movies are amazing, they give a nice rhytm to the story.
    -In folder guide, that guide was done with love <3

Things I don't like:
    -Ruins design,PLEASE CHANGE THAT. It's vomiting. I'm sure that there must be another layout for those walls.
    -Blue balls... we need the family sweetness, and soon !! :S
    -English grammar or translation could be better, at times some things sound odd, I'm not an english speaker and I could understand what was happening at all times.

Conclusion:

Totally recommended, no need to "wait for future updates" "keeping eyes on this one" There's plenty of content. Many similarities with other zombie survivals rpgm games, but also many things that make this one unique. Just look at mc portrait in menu, that mf was taken from Ringu, even tough you know that it's a reference to re or sh portraits, those small details give a nice feeling.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

thalendir

Alright falks, lets Pro/Con this game a bit.

Cons:
    - RPGM what can I say, it's an old engine, boring moving, lack of immersion
    - Initial release with almost no content, at least no lewd content, so if you're looking for a fap time, move along, none of the scenes which screenshots are attached, are actually in the game
    - FPS with RPGM, sorry that won't do, I believe it's all in the engine's name don't you think
    - no in-game clue on what to do, you have to follow the text walkthrough, don't even try to move on your own

Pros :
    - quite nice models, even if it's not doing them justice to run on RPGM
    - not-so-much original story but perfect context for lewd action if there is ever some

So my rate of 3* is kind of an encouragement to continue with the efforts, but if you want to keep the interest of the adult community I suggest you start bringing bit of lewd content in the coming release
  9. 4.00 star(s)

whythehellnot?

quite innovative, first time I play an RPGM game in FPS mode.

to be fair, the control is a bit hard to use, but will be a breeze after a while.

I have a feeling the game is heavily inspired by My Zombie Life so if you like My Zombie Life, like to sex with zombies and 'maid' and 'tutors' this is your game.