• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Taboo University [v0.5.21] [ViNovellaGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Konano

The little that this game leaves us, I already like a lot. It promises great things if the story remains a big part of this game. The character models are really cool, the backgrounds aren't bad either. I hope in the future a lot of impactful choices in the dialogues and maybe learn more about this protagonist.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

Fetish Locator is one of my favorite VNs and I had high expectations when I saw a new game from Vinovella. They managed to exceed those expectations and managed to make a what seems a like an excellent mystery VN. It's not groundbreaking, but it is extremely well done.

The MC is the typical VN protagonist but all the other characters seem interesting. The missing persons premise, if executed well, can be taken in very interesting directions and I'm looking forward to it

I'm an amateur 3D artist and the opening cinematic blew my mind. It's not only technically impressive, but the way they edited it made an excellent first impression.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Caryland

Not a whole lot to go on yet, but seems like an interesting premise. I will not spoil anything here, but I liked the ideas the game was bringing forward to at least make this university setting different from the myriad of other games also set in college.

Visuals are good, like their other game, Fetish Locator, and the animations not connected to lewd stuff is a nice touch. Nice way of do storytelling as well by using slides and short animations, rather then making you read some text. A good screen writing tip is also show don't tell. So nice in that regard.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 as I need to see where the game is going, get to know the characters more and so on before I can say it's 5 stars. Also not totally sold on the MC, he seems kinda like a bit of a douche, but again time will tell with that too.

So all in all, a nice beginning, looking forward to seeing more and seeing where this one goes.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

v0.1.4, ~20 min read
    Cool intro. Undercover rookie cop investigates a missing persons case. Of course that leads him straight into the stereotypical university realm. From there it's your standard meet students, flirt shtick.

There are audio voice snippets on every line (yay, yes, hey, hmm, uhuh, giggling, sigh, etc). Was unexpected, but after a few lines it annoyed me, so I muted voice audio.

Quality is pretty good, you even have some totally unimportant scenes animated/rendered as bullet time.
    Transitions are pretty good, too. The only sex happens in a past recollection memory.

MC is a typical Gary Stu. Buffed, good-looking, charming everyone, star rookie, mega-shlong, etc.. don't like him at all (personal preference).

Writing is fine. I like the implementation of an "investigation board" which serves for viewing character profiles.
    There was 1 "choice" in the game (as in changes something). Optional trans content seems to be coming.

Bit stereotypical in many aspects, so I hope to see more of the stuff that isn't (e.g. make us do actual detective work).
    Overall, pretty good for an introductory episode.