TAG safety ! Especially for gay and futa .

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Concern about tag as Futa and gay content are big turnoff for me i dont mind they are in game on some way im not part of it. Thought gay and futa tags are confusing. I think there should be seperate tag categorys for them.

Like simple :
(gay; futa)- they are in game but avoidable.
Gayprotagonist; Futaprotagonist well as you can see they are not avoidable its part of your main gameplay.
Gay-Unavaoidble ; Futa-unavaidable. Where main character is hetero but is still forced or baited to content.

Right now there is big quess, is Gay or Futa taged game is safe for thouse who dont want to see that content but are content that they neighbor or coworker is gay;futa.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Gayprotagonist; Futaprotagonist well as you can see they are not avoidable its part of your main gameplay.
Not sure for gay, but futa protagonist is already a tag.

Gay-Unavaoidble ; Futa-unavaidable. Where main character is hetero but is still forced or baited to content.
Oh... Did I just throw some food where I shouldn't have ?

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Oh... Did I just throw some food where I shouldn't have ?
by that i mainly mean there is no hint that character is Futa, seems like a female and then you discover its female with a secret. SO no need for Food to bait people just not give relevant information so MC can make they choice.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
by that i mainly mean there is no hint that character is Futa, seems like a female and then you discover its female with a secret. SO no need for Food to bait people just not give relevant information so MC can make they choice.
I'll not pretend to have played all the games, especially not the worse ones, but I'm relatively sure that there's really few where there's no warning before you end with a dick in your ass/mouth, or dick deep in the ass of a dick owner. Even a game as cheap as Family Affair, that have many futa content and don't really advertise the girls beforehand, offer you an "oops, I missed the big bulge in your pant, sorry but I pass" option.

So, what are you talking about exactly ? Do you expect the girls to wear a big blinking neon "come with a dick" sign ? Or for their very first line to be "hey, I have a dick. Oh, by the way my name is..." ?
At one time you'll learn that they are like Kinder eggs, there's a surprise inside, and it's really exceptional that this time come too late. But it's not a bait, just rational writing. There's futa in this game, you know that at some time you'll encounter at least one. And unless really stupid games, you'll always have the possibility to say that finally you aren't interested.

TL;DR: Yeah, I thrown food where I shouldn't have.

Reactions: Glib_Gentleman

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
That what is problem there, there are actually games that give no warning until you have agreed some action, even sometimes is you made decision by beliving its woman hour of text back and then story is position where some action happens and you realy dont have choice if you wish to continue this game. And also there is games where story is written as visual novel where you dont have choice at all. And thats why i think there should be separation. has some warning but in pas i have stumbled on games where is actually no warning at all and no choices at all. And thouse still continue on same tag as normal. So usually i have learned to avoid games that have those tags to not take risk.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Not sure for gay, but futa protagonist is already a tag.
Unfortunately, no. A gay/lesbian MC tag should exist to avoid these confusions.

That what is problem there, there are actually games that give no warning until you have agreed some action, even sometimes is you made decision by beliving its woman hour of text back and then story is position where some action happens and you realy dont have choice if you wish to continue this game. And also there is games where story is written as visual novel where you dont have choice at all. And thats why i think there should be separation. has some warning but in pas i have stumbled on games where is actually no warning at all and no choices at all. And thouse still continue on same tag as normal. So usually i have learned to avoid games that have those tags to not take risk.
I think this would be a fair cause to substract 1-2 stars on a review, just like unavoidable and surprise gay/lesbian content (yeah, I'm not happy at all with forced lesbian content). Unavoidable content of divisive tags like futa/trans, gay/lesbian, NTR, etc... should be noted in the OP. I have the futa/trans and gay tags on my game, but I specified on the OP how much content they have and if they are avoidable or not. Those examples you gave it is a bad design on the game.

But to play devil's advocate, most games here are not uploaded by their creators, it's mostly by uploaders, and they might not know of certain tags, or if they are avoidable or not. And it isn't fair to the devs because they didn't upload the game here in the first place.

The most sensitive thing to do when a game have these tags, is to take a look at the thread, someone will always ask of those tags are avoidable or not. Always. A clue to detect a gay protagonist game? no boobs or women on the banner/screenshots. I use the reverse idea to discard games that only have 1 gay scene, and not have a gay MC.

Don't get me started on the gay/lesbian protagonist tags. In the thread about them some people point me as a LGBT Karen for demanding them because they also want their precious MILF protagonist tags tags too. Maybe it would be good to add your point of view as a straight gamer too. I think they are needed, especially on a system like the one on F95, where tags are used as warning more than an indicator of major content.

But anyway... they are not accepting new tag suggestions until the tag system update, so in the end, this will be ignored by the staff. Again.

Last edited:

Fzeren

Sep 25, 2020
Unfortunately, no. A gay/lesbian MC tag should exist to avoid these confusions.
But would that solve the issue? What about an MC who fucks both men and women? If they're labelled bi, you're just gonna get the same "is x avoidable?" as we do currently, and what if the MC fucks a trans character? We're on a site where transwomen are regularly referred to as 'futa', so I don't think they're gonna consider 'dude x tgirl' stuff to be heterosexual, and I doubt the mods will want to take a "political stance".

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Unfortunately, no,. A gay/lesbian MC tag should exist to avoid these confusions.
Totally agree, especially since gay/lesbian tag should be present the instant there's at least one small gay/lesbian scene, even if it's an none relevant optional one ; I think it's you who said it lately.
"male protagonist" + "gay" mean anything from 100% gay, to MfT protagonist that will have his dick sucked by a guy only once, what will be the revelation, he only like girls.

I think this would be a fair cause to substract 1-2 stars on a review, just like unavoidable and surprise gay/lesbian content (yeah, I'm not happy at all with forced lesbian content).
Forced "sexual preference" content (gay/lesbian, futa on male, futa on female protagonist in the lesbian route) should be 1 star review, period. It's not really difficult to add a "Oh, well... I like you, but not that way. I'll take the 'friends only' option for our relationship" choice.
Even when it's a mandatory part of the story (like the stupid example I used above), you should offer a safe version for the players who want it. Some kind of "Warning, really graphical representation will follow, but perhaps you prefer to simply hear the MC talk about it ?".

But to play devil's advocate, most games here are not uploaded by their creators, it's mostly by uploaders, and they might not know of certain tags, or if they are avoidable or not.
Normally it's the community job to tell what tags are missing. But paradoxically, the bigger is the community, the less it do it's part of the job.

Don't get me started on the gay/lesbian protagonist tags. In the thread about them some people point me as a LGBT Karen for demanding them because they also want their precious MILF protagonist tags tags too.
As if it had the same meaning... Some people are really stupids :/

But anyway... they are not accepting new tag suggestions until the tag system update, so in the end, this will be ignored by the staff. Again.
By experience I can tell you that it's not ignored. Sometimes it can take really long, but if they said that they'll do it, they'll commit to it.

Reactions: Rafster
May 3, 2018
I'll not pretend to have played all the games, especially not the worse ones, but I'm relatively sure that there's really few where there's no warning before you end with a dick in your ass/mouth, or dick deep in the ass of a dick owner.
[...]
So, what are you talking about exactly ? Do you expect the girls to wear a big blinking neon "come with a dick" sign ? Or for their very first line to be "hey, I have a dick. Oh, by the way my name is..." ?
[...]
But it's not a bait, just rational writing. There's futa in this game, you know that at some time you'll encounter at least one. And unless really stupid games, you'll always have the possibility to say that finally you aren't interested.
Exactly.

I'm like you, I've never encountered a game that had girls with a dick where the game didn't go out of it's way to let you yell "Abort!" and hit the ejection button after the reveal of said dick.

I think some gamers are just upset they had an attraction to a girl they found out later has a dick. Like they've been "tainted" with the "gay" because the character gave them a boner at some point. :rolleyes:

But like you say, it's not good writing, or realistic writing, to just sign-post the character the moment they're introduced. And, hey, I personally like the surprise. To me it's an interesting choice for your character if they've been introduced, become friends with, and have romantically fallen for a girl and afterward find out she has something extra down there. A good writer can make some great scenes out of that.

The most sensitive thing to do when a game have these tags, is to take a look at the thread, someone will always ask of those tags are avoidable or not. Always. A clue to detect a gay protagonist game? no boobs or women on the banner/screenshots. I use the reverse idea to discard games that only have 1 gay scene, and not have a gay MC.
Totally agree, especially since gay/lesbian tag should be present the instant there's at least one small gay/lesbian scene, even if it's an none relevant optional one ; I think it's you who said it lately.
"male protagonist" + "gay" mean anything from 100% gay, to MfT protagonist that will have his dick sucked by a guy only once, what will be the revelation, he only like girls.
I feel like that is an issue with just relying on tags to convey that information, since as you both pointed out, the application of what the tag means can be radically different between games.

As you say, a game could be labeled as "gay" when the MC gets his dick sucked through a glory hole and doesn't know its a dude doing it. Or in an example like mine above, where the MC falls for a girl with a dick who: looks completely like a girl, acts like a girl, identifies as a girl, and just happens to have a dick, and the MC fucks her in the ass - some players are still going to label that as the MC being "gay".

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I think some gamers are just upset they had an attraction to a girl they found out later has a dick. Like they've been "tainted" with the "gay" because the character gave them a boner at some point. :rolleyes:
The most beautiful girl I encountered in real life is a MtF trans that, as far as I know, still had her dick. Not all MtF looks like Caitlyn Jenner, some are young and really beautiful. And I talk about transgenders, but not all transvestites goes for the caricatured approach, some become beautiful girls, and there's obviously Thais ladyboys.
I wonder how many time they wanked to a dick owner they just crossed in the streets, or saw on internet, believing it was a girl. It's not a virtual character that will taint them more ;)

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
But would that solve the issue?
For gay and lesbian MCs? you can be damn sure it does. And also for straight poeople that want to avoid games with those gay/lesbian MCs (like mine).

If they're labelled bi, you're just gonna get the same "is x avoidable?" as we do currently, and what if the MC fucks a trans character?
Bisexual MCs are a whole new set of problems, fortunately there aren't many of them here AFAIK (maybe I'm wrong with that). That was a discussion not too long ago on itch.io . Some people suggested a straight tag for games with no LGBT content, or a bisexual tag for precisely Bi MCs. A Bisexual MC tag could be useful for that case... but I'm not sure if would be a popular choice.

I'm considering doing a Bi MC for next game, and this is going to be an issue for me in the future.

We're on a site where transwomen are regularly referred to as 'futa', so I don't think they're gonna consider 'dude x tgirl' stuff to be heterosexual, and I doubt the mods will want to take a "political stance".
They should be separated, it's dumb to have futa and trans categories glued together like they were siamese twins or something. Particulary, I do consider the MalexTGirl straight content. I wouldn't touch a TGirl even if she has a jumbo sized dick, and you wouldn't touch a Tmen even if he has a nice and shaved pussy (I would do though).

The most beautiful girl I encountered in real life is a MtF trans that, as far as I know, still had her dick. Not all MtF looks like Caitlyn Jenner, some are young and really beautiful.
Also, some trans men are so masculine that you wouldn't guess, in a million years, they have (or had) a pussy until they tell you.

May 3, 2018
Bisexual MCs are a whole new set of problems, fortunately there aren't many of them here AFAIK (maybe I'm wrong with that). That was a discussion not too long ago on itch.io . Some people suggested a straight tag for games with no LGBT content, or a bisexual tag for precisely Bi MCs. A Bisexual MC tag could be useful for that case... but I'm not sure if would be a popular choice.

I'm considering doing a Bi MC for next game, and this is going to be an issue for me in the future.
I wonder what the consideration is for customizable MCs?

The game I'm currently working on the player can be a man or a woman, and choose to be straight, gay, or bi. (It's text based, so difficult, but manageable.)

It's probably going to be a can of worms for me, because I'm planning on the NPCs to have their own sexual preferences, so, like in real life, the player may get HIT ON by a gender they don't want, but are free to decline to the interaction. Some NPCs are gay, some are bi. So the player may also run into cases where they're interested in an NPC who isn't interested in them.

They should be separated, it's dumb to have futa and trans categories glued together like they were siamese twins or something. Particulary, I do consider the MalexTGirl straight content. I wouldn't touch a TGirl even if she has a jumbo sized dick, and you wouldn't touch a Tmen even if he has a nice and shaved pussy (I would do though).
Totally agree. It's the gender traits people are most attracted to. It's silly to consider an MC that is chasing after a cute girl gay just because she turns out to have a dick, when what he is attracted to about her is the same stuff he'd be attracted to as a straight man.

Reactions: Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I wonder what the consideration is for customizable MCs?

The game I'm currently working on the player can be a man or a woman, and choose to be straight, gay, or bi. (It's text based, so difficult, but manageable.)

It's probably going to be a can of worms for me, because I'm planning on the NPCs to have their own sexual preferences, so, like in real life, the player may get HIT ON by a gender they don't want, but are free to decline to the interaction. Some NPCs are gay, some are bi. So the player may also run into cases where they're interested in an NPC who isn't interested in them.
That's a shitload of work, I don't envy you. I don't deal with different sexualities in my game (but I have 3 attitudes for the MC: sub, dom and neutral) and sometimes it gets messy on some scenes.