Tag system could be improved when searching for specific fetishes

Face Off

May 2, 2020
Several times when I want to find a new game , I search for a specific tag(fetish) that I'm in the mood of. (at https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha)

The problem is that the tag is included in games where that fetish is one of the main parts of AND in games where there is just 1 scene where that is depicted.
The result is 100 pages of games that, if I want to find out if that game is really focused on that fetish, I have to enter the page, read the reviews, see the pics and description, etc.

I'll give an example:

If you search "female domination" and sort by weighted rating, you'll get on the first page:
"Being a DIK" - (all around game, maybe vanilla?)
"Desert Stalker" - (Maledom focus game)
"Pale Carnations" and "Four Elements Trainer" - (maledom aspects game)
"Project Myriam" and "Good Girl gone Bad" - (Fem Prot with strong FemSub content)
and several others...

Most of the games that the search found are probably not what someone searching for FemDom wants(something like "Karlsson's Gambit", to give an example that also appears in the first page).

I understand that these tags are needed for people to know what kind of scenes they could find in the game, even if it is just one scene. But we should maybe come up with a solution, otherwise people have to create entire threads to find fetish specific games.

For instance, there is a 180 page thread to help people find femdom specific games (https://f95zone.to/threads/femdom-finder.92525/), which shows that a lot of people have the same issue that I have and that the search function is not optimized.

And "femdom" is just an example. This happens with lots of tags.

What is the solution?

I'm not sure. I came up with this thread for someone to maybe come up with one.
One possibility that I thought of is to somehow highlight the tags that are the core of the game. Maybe each game having a 3-max highlighed tags that really define it.

But I didn't give much thought to this proposed solution. What I really want is to bring this discussion to light and maybe one of the more experienced user/dev come up with a solution that doesn't demand a lot of work.

Bavor

Aug 11, 2020
Also, I think there needs to be more variety in the kink/fetish tags and the game devs saying if its planned(or is) to be a large part of the game or a small part of the game.

For example, I was looking through the comments of one game and found out that its tagged NTR, but only has one minor scene in one path that has NTR.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Major/minor tag classification is being worked on for the next site upgrade. That's been known for ages, but who knows when we will actually get that change.