Tagging (femdom)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ipps

Dec 27, 2018
Hard/soft bdsm titles. I'm pretty much into femdom. And i love that theres plenty of game devs making scenes with femdom content. But us fd kids need our fd fixes. Vanilla content is nice and all, and storylines are fun, but in any of the more hardcore femdom game threads you'll often find the same rejoinder: The tag 'femdom/female domination' is too loosely applied. Its not just color for us kinksters, its literally the sole reason we want to try out the game. Sure, i get that i can just look at the screen captures, and honestly i'll get a decent idea. I could even read the thread (though sometimes thats pretty difficult if the game has +50 or so pages (which of course clues me in again that this might be more mainstream and softer fd)). Going inductive im pretty sure i can establish with reasonable accuracy the fd content of your average game. BUt i would love to prioritise the games (and developers) who cater to my kinks.

So i appreciate its not entirely necessary. But it would help with categorising and make searching a little clearer. I also appreciate that everyone with a kink is now saying 'what about me? What about jujubee? I have a serious foot fetish kink! I want games ONLY with foot content. Why cant i have a hard foot fetish title too?

And honestly, my initial reaction is 'sure'. But im not in charge of the site. The more accuracy in the tags the better for everyone. If a designer wants to tag their game as footjob (hard). Im all for it. It provides crucial info. It also helps devs reach their audience and stand out against more mainstream games for eyeballs and patreon subs (and thats definitely something we should want to encourage). It also allows devs to set a kind of benchmark they are comfortable with. If the harem hotel dev (who is super nice, i just picked him at random because he liked one of my posts talking about how happy i was there were a few scenes devoted to me) adds in femdom (soft) to his tags, its clear that any femdom content isn't really driving the main story. I know what im getting. He knows i wont harass him for more hard fd content. Its clearly a maledom/harem game. He can also choose to add hard to maledom, (but again, its not explicitly maledom (i dont want to tell him what his game is)) so honestly it seems counter productive.

Perhaps then leave the qualifiers to mods (in communication with the devs) and the devs themselves (whilst more generic tagging remains within the power of the mods. (Thus any mod can add the femdom label, but only mods tied in with development or under instruction by the dev can qualify it as hard/soft - dev has final say - since they have to develop content based on expectations after all, and if its a niche audience they are trying to attract, it would be in their interest to do so). Sorry, im probably over complicating things.

But anyway, if that isnt working, can i petition for my fetish individually? I'd argue that femdom as it stands currently runs an incredibly wide gamut of activity rendering it relatively meaningless. Any time a girl so much as drives the narrative or bosses you around a bit it still qualifies as femdom EVEN IF she then succumbs to your magnificent dick for the remainder of the game. She could literally be the only person in the entire cast to do so. You might not even see her again. She may have been a dick for a tiny bit, you bedded her at her behest. Blam. Femdom tag. In another instance: You find a cute punk girl (its always the punk girls) in a harem game. She humiliates you a little bit, but shes clearly up for it (once the femdom is over its down to the more 'normal and generic' vanilla scenes. She orders you on your back. Starts giving you a footjob. Blam! Femdom tag. Next time its standard vanilla sex.

The poor devs. More than likely they didnt tag it femdom. It was probably a mod. And im not blaming you mod. You dont know how desperate the fd community is for fd content. Its out of your wheelhouse. Youve got a checklist: Bossy girl - check; footjob - check. Probably femdom. Tag away to at least alert us of its existence as something we might enjoy in the environs of the wider game. Thanks. Sincerely. No sarcasm. You're doing what you can within the bounds of the tagging system to indicate there is some femdom content (but we have no idea if its soft or hard femdom content or whether it even drives the narrative).

But the mod has tags that really dont belong to their game (its not really a fd game) and the fd community are frustrated as hell (its not really a fd game) and asking in threads like tower of trample why every game with even a tiny bit of borderline content are tagged as femdom? We'd all be so much more happier (and know where we stand (and how to target our audience accurately)) with a teensy tiny update on the tagging policy. A game like the asylum (darktoz) sitting next to games with one random bossy girl who has sex with you once in a kind of cowgirl manner? Its light years apart. Have you seen a darktoz game? Its like framboise being labelled big boobs or bimbo. Everyone is confused and no one is satisfied. FD fans are underwhelmed, whilst non fd fans are wondering why people are asking for content that doesnt interest them and trying to push the dev to create content they dont really care about? Maybe its time for a bit of evaluation on the tagging system?

I cant see a downside (other than time taken for site development). The dev targets their audience with greater accuracy. The audience finds the devs they want to support financially. Everyone wins. Thanks for listening to my ted talk. :)

Nulleins

Oct 20, 2017
While I agree with the frustation, when games, where there is some initial resistance on the part of the woman, get tagged with the female domination tag. I don’t really know what you want.

Do you want a hard femdom + soft femdom tag or do you want the criteria for the femdom tag to be stricter?

ipps

Dec 27, 2018
The former. For me this site has two functions. To let us cheapskates try out games and decide if we want to support further development. And second, to let game devs alwrt their audience and temper expectation. This is beautifully symbiotic. I like the balance. Restricting the usage deprives devs of finding their audience whilst also pushing them in directions they may feel uncomfortable with. Adding clarified tags on the other hand lets devs tell the audience their end goals or overarching pholosophy, thus attracting backers. It also gives people like me greater clarity on content.

The point of tags is informing and tempering expectation in your audience. When the tag becomes too wide, it loses its function. I appreciate this may lead you to conclude that im calling for restrictions. But rather id call for the opposite (in so far as the devs themselves get to decide on the hard/soft qualifier). If there is some femdom content, i have no issue with it being taged as such. In fact i welcome it. Its nice to know that i can browse games i might enjoy even if theyre not necessarily aimed at me. But if theres a qualifier attached to the tag, then i know completely that the game is aimed at me and games i might love and developers id like to support are not flying under the radar. So thats why im happy with the tagging system being expanded rather than restricted (which is kinda silly to be honest since it implies moderator overeach and some kind of quorum to arbitrate). Grearer clarity helps both users and designers.

light03

Feb 26, 2018
Agreed. Tag should be stricter. At the moment, for the reasons described above, tag simply does not make sense. It is impossible to navigate. The girl who behaves herself rude is not femdom at all. Sometimes the tag is generally used because of the sheer nonsense. For example, the game "Personal Trainer" has been assigned a tag because of "single render in story towards a male character who's not MC". The developer himself said that there is no femdom content in the game, but there is a tag. So now this tag is just useless.
Against this background, the difference in the extremes of the content goes into the background. Since at the moment this tag is marked with games where there is simply no such content.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote