Tags: we need more of em.

Jun 5, 2019
I came to notice there's a gap in tags for a couple things such as ones that adequately describe more free-roaming games such as Milf City, Harem Hotel, and Summertime Saga, and having a tag that games like that could have would be amazing. I could be mistaken and I'm missing something obvious but I figured it'd be worth bringing up, as I often find games that are purely visual novels kinda... annoying as they don't give me an illusion of agency.

Anyhow, am I wrong? Do you think there's other tags that would be often used? Idk. I just wanted to voice my observations.

Reactions: TomWant Badass

MrJBJ

Mar 15, 2019
More tags - better filtering.
I'd love if we could filter out undesired tags too. I.E. If you have no interest in any censored game, you filter it as unwanted and it wouldn't appear in the search.

Jun 5, 2019
More tags - better filtering.
I'd love if we could filter out undesired tags too. I.E. If you have no interest in any censored game, you filter it as unwanted and it wouldn't appear in the search.
I would like that as well but adding tags is rather simple, but adding a filter to remove tags requires a bit more work. The difference between applying an existing feature to another item, and implementing a new feature is usually more than a couple hours of work.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Until that user tag system happens I wouldn't expect any new tags, any asked for are usually rejected. For games like Milfy City you want to look for the simulator tag (also sandbox).

A tag ignoring feature was rejected, but you can ignore prefixes from your profile preferences.

Jun 5, 2019
Until that user tag system happens I wouldn't expect any new tags, any asked for are usually rejected. For games like Milfy City you want to look for the simulator tag (also sandbox).

A tag ignoring feature was rejected, but you can ignore prefixes from your profile preferences.
Ah! I wasn't aware. I didn't see much in the search results. I am glad there's plans for that. I really should consider donating then.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight
Jun 5, 2019
We do have negative tags on Last Updates and search, we also have censored, free-roam, multiple end tags, and the VN prefix, all of which can be used to filter results.

Here's a list of even more tags: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/
I thank you for your diligent reply, really I appreciate how this forum is run, it's calm, productive, and the staff are quick to reply to questions and adapt to problems. I'm honestly impressed, I'm used to forums being a borderline shitshow of people running amuck or rife with overbearing staff... or sometimes somehow both at once.

Firefox allows you to make your own personal tags for any webpage.
Not a bad stopgap. Thank you.