VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Would like to try this game but I don't care for forced rape tentacle stuff is this avoidable?

Or should I move on and play something that doesn't force me into something I don't care for?

Thank you for your time :)
Not a fan myself but, it only happens once and you can end it quickly and the rest of the game is so amazing that its more than worth it for me. Would recommend trying it.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Not a fan myself but, it only happens once and you can end it quickly and the rest of the game is so amazing that its more than worth it for me. Would recommend trying it.
Yes but it was avoidable before? So dev changed it to be forced does it make the story better being forced?
So if he's so willing to change something like this to make it forced I have reservations about what he'll do later he doesn't seem to care that people don't like it and could have kept it avoidable? For those that don't enjoy that kind of content?

I don't want to start enjoying the game and bam another tag pops up like the rape tag did and ruins the time I've put into it?

Thank you for your time

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I read the forum and opinions about this game and I want to play because this game seems good.

But..

The only thing that disgusts me is the rape-tentacle scene and that, we can't stop it. It happens anyway.:cry:

So I don't know whether to play.

BTW.. with whom from the family can we already have sex?

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of :

Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.5]

My android port have alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port have textbox opacity slider and text size slider. If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I read the forum and opinions about this game and I want to play because this game seems good.

But..

The only thing that disgusts me is the rape-tentacle scene and that, we can't stop it. It happens anyway.:cry:

It's a great fucking vn. I don't know how to answer your btw though because: "weird shit".

This vn isn't your typical linear incest fuck em all clone. It is a very unique and special vn. There is no other vn like it story wise.

For all those people like BlasKyau that will fixate on one little scene and can't let it go I suggest skipping this one. This isn't a vn like you're used to and trying to make it fit some mold will not serve anyone.

I love this vn but it's an acquired taste imo...

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
The tentacle thing I think is avoidable? When you save her I'm not sure whether it did anything or not, I got mixed signals from the scene. It was a small scene though and tbh the rest of the game was fine and nothing similar happens again.

While the story was predictable in some regards to me, it was still a great ride and I don't think it being predictable to me was a bad thing since I like how it's going. Didn't catch this game till .5 and thank god because it has a good chunk of content already, but now I have to play the good old waiting game for a new update which sucks.

If you like harem games I don't think you will be disappointed by this.

• Red Heart
Reactions: recreation

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Well, it's an interesting VN so far but it hasn't been explained why the MC is so keen on hiding people from Eva.

Or hell, it's also not clear why the MC just doesn't ask Eva about al the strange things happening around him.

that doesn't make sense sure whatever depp.gif

Last edited:

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
I'm considering whether to give it a try, but that simple scene may ruin my entire enjoyment of the game.
Yeah that scene being unavoidable ruined it for me. Not a fan of rape and by tentacles thats for sure. Gave me NTR vibes as well. Stopped there and deleted the game. Would be much better had there been and option to save the MC's mom before she was raped like that. (n)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
This looks pretty good... Question though; are there creampies in this game?
Several ;)

Rec why did you change the name? :unsure:
I wanted to do that a while, WSITGH probably puts some people off alone by it's name, and honestly, I think the game deserves a "propper" name, even if I keep WSIGTH as a sub^^

I forgot "old saves won't work" and opened a save from previous version and It's working fine.
Probably not for long, it simply can't work till the end, I have changed some old variables that will throw errors sooner or later in the game and you won't be able to use the "notes" with an old save.

Will there be any other tags that pop up later like the rape tag?
Look in the "genre" spoiler in the OP.

Yes but it was avoidable before?
It was never avoidable.

Is it intended for the MC to sometimes have blond hair and other times not?
That's a problem with lighting and how the materials work in HS (+my inexperience with HS when I started working on this).

Well, it's an interesting VN so far but it hasn't been explained why the MC is so keen on hiding people from Eva.

Or hell, it's also not clear why the MC just doesn't ask Eva about al the strange things happening around him.

View attachment 1547199

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Several ;)

I wanted to do that a while, WSITGH probably puts some people off alone by it's name, and honestly, I think the game deserves a "propper" name, even if I keep WSIGTH as a sub^^

Probably not for long, it simply can't work till the end, I have changed some old variables that will throw errors sooner or later in the game and you won't be able to use the "notes" with an old save.

Look in the "genre" spoiler in the OP.

It was never avoidable.

That's a problem with lighting and how the materials work in HS (+my inexperience with HS when I started working on this).

Quick question: I've noticed how the choices affect that green/purple bar in each character's notes page and this led me to wonder: What those two colors mean and why are we able to slide that shit around to no apparent effect?

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Yeah that scene being unavoidable ruined it for me. Not a fan of rape and by tentacles thats for sure. Gave me NTR vibes as well. Stopped there and deleted the game. Would be much better had there been and option to save the MC's mom before she was raped like that. (n)
I'm also not a fan of rape in any kind of game, and i completely agree in having options is amazing, the game have options for gore, so is not that hard to put just some code and a render of her getting lifted, some seconds before the act, i don't have any vibes of ntr because she was not having any kind of sexual relationship with the mc at that point (at that point she hated the mc, for being a fake son), but like i said, i don't like the scene, but the story was so fucking good that i keep playing.

But..
You have sex with the orc girl, with your aunt, some dream (or not so much dream) with mom and one girl on the while you are going to the hotel, with the manager eva (that is possible your granny) and you cum on your sister face.

The tentacle thing I think is avoidable? When you save her I'm not sure whether it did anything or not, I got mixed signals from the scene.
The tube is all inside of her in the first scene, so yeah, is rape...
screenshot0002.png

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Quick question: I've noticed how the choices affect that green/purple bar in each character's notes page and this led me to wonder: What those two colors mean and why are we able to slide that shit around to no apparent effect?
It's basically a hint for in which direction you steer the character, in very simple terms: left means they will be more subby, right means they will be more open minded and make their own decisions.
That you can slide it is a bug that I noticed too late, but since it doesn't change any value and resets after you close the screen, I decided to not bother with it for now.

Regarding the tentacle scene:
You guys really need to chill out, and maybe learn to read the tags.
The scene is there for a reason and I'll probably not change it.

Rape scenes should always be avoidable, just a little common sense.
Common sense is not playing games with tags you don't like.
Common sense is that if you play a game that clearly has content you don't like, and you know about that, you shouldn't complain about it, it's your decision to play it or not. I don't play horror games and complain that it was too scary...
Common sense is using your brain before posting.
Common sense is something a lot of people lack nowadays, you seem to be a good example, now please go and play other games.

Thanks for your attention :geek:

Last edited:

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
It's basically a hint for in which direction you steer the character, in very simple terms: left means they will be more subby, right means they will be more open minded and make their own decisions.
That you can slide it is a bug that I noticed too late, but since it doesn't change any value and resets after you close the screen, I decided to not bother with it for now.

Regarding the tentacle scene:
You guys really need to chill out, and maybe learn to read the tags.
The scene is there for a reason and I'll probably not change it.

Common sense is not playing games with tags you don't like.
Common sense is that if you play a game that clearly has content you don like, and you know about, you shouldn't complain about it, it's your decision to play it or not. I don't play horror games and complain that it was too scary...
Common sense is using your brain before posting.
Common sense is something a lot of people lack nowadays, you seem to be a good example, now please go and play other games.

Thanks for your attention :geek:
If the rape scene is there, it should be avoided for those who don't like these things, if you like it you would like to see it again several times, where is the problem. Sorry now I have to go to work

Sep 17, 2017
Couple quick questions - I see the tag, but is there actually any anal scene besides the tentacle one ingame so far? I played part/most of 0.4 and don't recall seeing one, but may have missed it.

Also, how long until we can get the elf maid to clean our pipes while making "princess" have to sit back and watch to teach her a lesson?

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes